Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LOL SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

LOL SC

Jan 23, 2019, 5:25 PM

not the school, the state

"most dangerous drug"

https://www.postandcourier.com/business/sc-groups-fighting-against-medical-marijuana-call-it-most-dangerous/article_a47ce730-1f3f-11e9-b0f8-7324237272cc.html?fbclid=IwAR2ihRhnO-jsdPAga0ohKcnch8qiLuW_VjyvP2xFb9HNIiVlb-Ee_eyrkGE

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What year is this article? 1970?

Jan 23, 2019, 5:31 PM

Our only hope is NC or GA legalize it and reap millions of dollars of profit. Just like the lottery, the opposition will wain when money shows up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw Alan night before last.

Jan 23, 2019, 5:44 PM

I know we have mutual friends who have smoked weed. Still, he'll never budge on the issue. Too much work lost for law enforcement.

That being said, IF we legalized it, I would want us to have better quality and quantity controls than places like Colorado, etc. I mean they have oils, and other refinements, hydro, etc. that make it so strong it will mess you up pretty bad. I'd like some type of quality control and strength limit. Say rewind to 2000 street THC levels would be about right. Even on the street the quality varies greatly. And of course tax the heck out of it, but not so much the market stays on the street and illegal because it would be cheaper. People need to know what they're ingesting. You have that with alcohol, and mostly have it with nicotine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to your last point

Jan 23, 2019, 7:24 PM

When in CA for CFP game I googled closest dispensary to me. A couple of miles.

Read the menu and all of the edibles, etc had THC and CBD content based on percentage. It was just like looking at a beer that is 8.2% ABV vs a 5.7%.

I never actually saw a dispensary, but the thought that the dosage was clearly labeled made me feel like I could go in and say, hey I want a buzz like I had 3 beers, whatcha got?

you can

Jan 24, 2019, 10:17 AM

or, so I've heard....

Re: Saw Alan night before last.

Jan 24, 2019, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Saw Alan night before last. ]

Im glad you are for legalization, but your argument about potency and controlling it is way off and very inaccurate. Weed is not stronger these days, we simply have access to higher quality strains and better technology to grow it in proper conditions.

Take Indica strains for example. Indica is supposed to be grown in cooler, mountainous climates. If you grow Indica strains in the warm climate of Mexico, it will not be very potent. Grow it in the Northern Appalachians or in Colorado, and it will be very potent.

Weed is "stronger" in the sense that we can grow it in such a way to achieve its full potential. It is not "stronger" in the sense that we've figured out some magical sciencey way to grow some kind of super-herb.

Also, the concentrations of THC and CBD can be calculated and are advertised much like proofs and ABV for alcohol. Likewise, different strains have different effects on the body. Some make you feel sleepy, some make you feel like snacking, some make you feel more focused (which can make you feel paranoid if you arent doing some type of activity), etc. You'e heard it with alcohol, some people say "Oh may, jagermeister and I are a bad combination, I'll drink vodka all day but I just cant touch Jager." Same thing with weed.

The fears expressed in opposition to legalizing weed are either completely irrational, or they are arguments about things also seen with alcohol and tobacco which we as a society have already addressed and created contingencies for (such as drunk driving).

This is how Georgia handles it

Jan 24, 2019, 9:47 AM

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/high-driving-arrests_us_5914a293e4b030d4f1f0f5ed

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hydro is just a method of cultivation, it doesn't inherently

Jan 24, 2019, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Saw Alan night before last. ]

make it more potent or anything. The quality varies on the street cause you don't know w tf you're getting. In the regulated markets you do know what you're getting as far as strength, etc. goes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hydro is just a method of cultivation, it doesn't inherently

Jan 24, 2019, 2:57 PM

I would also argue that concentrates such as waxes, oils, edibles, etc. are an even better option than simply the plant matter.

Its a more controlled consumption method, and delivery method. Not to mention, its created through a process system that creates accurate dosages of the chemicals available.

Meaning, its more efficient, cleaner, and more easy to regulate consumption than just smoking. And, it doesnt stink up the place.

This is what will happen.

Jan 24, 2019, 9:43 AM [ in reply to What year is this article? 1970? ]

When everyone in SC is driving to other states to buy it they will have to legalize it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many years did we have to drive across state lines to

Jan 24, 2019, 9:51 AM

buy beer on Sunday?

I think Clemson (Pickens County) just changed that rule (like <6 months ago)

we did that as students at clemson many times

Jan 24, 2019, 10:11 AM

whitewater falls was always a nice little pit stop on the beer run across state lines

My wife used to call the Qt and Bountyland on Sundays to see

Jan 24, 2019, 10:52 AM

if they had any other wine left than white zinfandel.

Good thing they never compare alcohol related deaths

Jan 23, 2019, 5:32 PM

to pot related deaths.

Oh, forgot the biggie...nicotine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why in the h e 11 did y'all elect THAT guy?

Jan 23, 2019, 5:40 PM

Living in Aladambama I know I ain't gotta lotta room to talk, but jeez. What a dumas.

Good ole boy system here.

Jan 23, 2019, 5:48 PM

Son of Joe Wilson, Congressman. Former prosecutor with the gubnah when McMaster was AG. Shoe-in for promotion to that office. Good guy, but so are most SC politicians. Doesn't make them forward leaning or thinking, or mean I agree with them. I'm not sure SC would elect a democrat who would have a different position on that really.

Where's PhiTiger when we need him to .............

Jan 23, 2019, 5:49 PM

weigh in on this!?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How long did SC hang onto mini bottles before going to free

Jan 23, 2019, 6:26 PM

pour? How bad did the roads get before gas taxes were raised? How long was it before beer above 6% could be sold? How long did the blue laws last? SC will be the last state to legalize pot. We may even be the ONLY state that still keeps it illegal, for decades.

I used to think that too.

Jan 24, 2019, 9:02 AM

But seeing how we're only a few years away from being a majority Ohio/Michigan transplant state, I'm not so sure anymore. They'll get tired of just running the HOA boards and eventually decide to run the state.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frankly, I am shocked

Jan 24, 2019, 9:08 AM

that the term carpetbagger has died.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RAISE THE GAS TAX?

Jan 24, 2019, 9:15 AM [ in reply to How long did SC hang onto mini bottles before going to free ]

FOUND THE COMMUNIST!!!!!!!!!

NEXT THING YOU KNOW, YOU ARE GOING TO SUGGEST WE REGULATE THE TOBACCO INDUSTRY OR OUTLAW POKER MACHINES. YOU, SIR, ARE A THREAT TO THE DIXIE THAT I KNOW AND LOVE.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to remember, this documentary is still shown in

Jan 23, 2019, 7:02 PM

Health classes across the state.

https://youtu.be/zhQlcMHhF3w

Re: LOL SC

Jan 24, 2019, 9:12 AM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mHwEATUytFQ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Increase in OVERDOSE DEATHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 24, 2019, 9:13 AM

Thank GOD we have people like this looking out for our well being. I don't want to accidentally overdose on a Marijuana.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, just LOL at the doctors in White Lab Coats surrounding

Jan 24, 2019, 9:17 AM

him. This is how you KNOW he is being factual with his claims.

This guy just hasn't figured out exactly how

Jan 24, 2019, 9:15 AM

to get his slice of the pie out of it. Hopefully somebody will teach him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i would imagine the tobacco farms of marlboro county

Jan 24, 2019, 10:09 AM

could be a great place to get revitalized and make some money from this industry

Didn't some medical send a dozen 12yr/o to the hospital?***

Jan 24, 2019, 9:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably referring to this

Jan 24, 2019, 10:08 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2018/11/30/year-old-gave-out-thc-laced-gummies-police-say-least-five-classmates-were-hospitalized/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.010d23e53413

Really hoping this "medical" bill doesn't pass in the

Jan 24, 2019, 10:14 AM

legislature anytime soon. Full recreational or bust.

I dunno..some other states started with medical

Jan 24, 2019, 10:53 AM

and then went full recreational.

Re: Really hoping this "medical" bill doesn't pass in the

Jan 25, 2019, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Really hoping this "medical" bill doesn't pass in the ]

I agree. We need to push for recreational and go scorched earth on the people resisting it.

I would never be able to use medical marijuana, even though doing so would significantly help some things I have to deal with.

As we've talked about previously, you probably know I'm a huge gun owner. The FBI audits all state's with medical marijuana programs and forces states to hand over lists of everyone who has a medical marijuana card or prescription. Then, the FBI enters their name in various federal criminal databases, which prohibits said marijuana users from doing certain things.

In the case of gun owners, the FBI takes the names of medical marijuana patients, and puts their names in the NICS background check system (the system used to to gun purchase background checks). Once the patients name is listed in NICS, they are prohibited from purchasing a gun for the rest of their life. Even if they get rid of their medical marijuana card, the fact that they HAD a card at any point in their life is justification enough, at least in the Feds eyes. You can appeal your denial status with NICS, but they will simply say "well, we have proof you use illegal drugs, we have a copy of your medical marijuana license. No guns for you."

And of course, being in possession of a firearm after your name has been put in the NICS denial database can result in the ATF coming after you and charging you with a felony if they so choose to do so.

That is something that is more of a personal issue for myself and other gun owners, and isnt something that is necessarily as widespread as the other issues with the government regulating this stuff. However, it just highlights one of the many ways we the people are being abused over something that is less harmful than alcohol.

Absolutely pathetic and sad***

Jan 24, 2019, 10:19 AM

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic