Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LET'S PUT THIS MATTER TO REST ABOUT DABO....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 137
| visibility 1

LET'S PUT THIS MATTER TO REST ABOUT DABO....

May 5, 2013, 4:41 PM

I rarely weigh in on these matters, but the attempts by certain posters to denigrate Dabo Swinney have gone far enough, for those who continue to label him as a bad coach know very little about leadership.

A good leader doesn't have to be a great coach...or general...or CEO. He has to have the ability to choose superior subordinate leaders to execute the grand strategy of the organization, then the ability to push those subordinates relentlessly to excellance. I have posted the example of Dwight Eisenhower's leadership role previously.

Eisenhower was never considered a great combat general. George Patton won the kudos for that. But Ike had the flair for choosing great subordinate leaders, all of whom contributed to the allied European victory. Occasionally, he had to replace some of those leaders; however, overall his management of his subordinates, including the allied commanders produced the grand result.

I don't regard Dabo as a great offensive or defensive coach, and frankly, I don't care if he is. I do care that he continues to have the foresight to select excellent subordinates, then push them toward excellance. I care that he continuously motivates his staff and team by whatever method he chooses. I care that he continues to motivate the team members. And I most certainly care that he replaces his subordinates when the need arises.

Has he been perfect? No. Has he made poor choices? Yes. Has he relentlessly pushed his staff and team toward excellance? Yes. Am I confident of his ability to motivate himself to push himself toward excellance? Yes.

That being said, I remain convinced that the final verdict is out regarding his leadership. He is making progress; he has achieved noteworthy goals. But most of all, by God, he has given the Clemson Nation a reason to stand cheering in the aisles...to honestly believe in our ability to attain great success on the gridiron...and to once again sing proudly that old refrain..."Where the Tigers reign supreme alway."

Am I a "pumper?" Yes, by God, I am...I've been one since the first days I entered Clemson in 1965. I spent countless hours in pep rallies and on the sidelines, home and away, yelling in exhortation of our fans to cheer on the Tigers. I learned something about motivation. And while I temper overt enthusiasm, I do want Dabo to be successful...AND I AM D@MN PROUD THAT HE IS OUR COACH!

AND I PUT MY NAME WHERE MY WORDS ARE:

HARRY TINSLEY
Clemson, Class of 1969

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good job as always Hartins

May 5, 2013, 4:45 PM

but FYI..saying on the Internet that you are going to put something to rest assures that it will not be put to rest..ever

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course, I knew that. It's an old editor's trick to

May 5, 2013, 4:58 PM

draw out the negative Nancy's. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good job as always Hartins

May 6, 2013, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Good job as always Hartins ]

Agree with your assessment of Ike's leadership in WWII.... he did a masterful job as a CEO/manager. However, as president, he was often callous, indifferent, and very indecisive on important policy matters. He was not at his best in the White House!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I from class of 77 agree 100%

May 5, 2013, 4:45 PM

Dabo understands Clemson. Dabo loves Clemson. Dabo is Clemson.

Glad he is our coach.

Point - and my guess is Dabo knows a whole lot more

May 5, 2013, 4:49 PM

about coaching than he is given credit to know.

Excellent observation. It's always easier to "coach" from

May 5, 2013, 5:00 PM

the confines of an armchair, and especially so, when the self-appointed "coach" has the luxury of the anonymity of the internet behind which to hide.

Re: The man did not fall off the cabbage wagon yesterday.***

May 5, 2013, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Point - and my guess is Dabo knows a whole lot more ]

Re: LET'S PUT THIS MATTER TO REST ABOUT DABO....

May 5, 2013, 4:59 PM

You just described what a good CEO is and does!

May 5, 2013, 5:04 PM

A guy named Ford had that same ability. Good company to be in with... Danny, Dwight and Dabo!

May 5, 2013, 5:17 PM

Great post! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:I am 100% behind Dabo and he can manage his

May 5, 2013, 5:20 PM

program the way he wants to, however, I do not think he should be given a pass on anything. He has now lost four in a row to SC and is time for that
issue to be confronted. I don't care how many ACC championships he wins. He needs to beat South Carolina now.

Peanut, you like most other Tiger fans, including me,

May 5, 2013, 5:30 PM

despise losing to SC. I have no doubts that Dabo understands that and knows that he has to muster the capability to end that little streak ASAP. Frank Howard faced the same challenge (along with grads and fans ready to riot) after his four-in-a-row loss to SC in the early 50's. He found the answer...and won the next three. That's a hurdle that Dabo has to cross...and no doubt, he hears it every day.

Re: Peanut, you like most other Tiger fans, including me,

May 6, 2013, 7:48 AM

While beating the coots is always important, it certainly is not the most important goal for our program. I do believe some on here would be happy to beat usuc and lose all the other games. That is giving the coots way more credibility than they deserve, IMO.

Re: Peanut, you like most other Tiger fans, including me,

May 6, 2013, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Peanut, you like most other Tiger fans, including me, ]

> despise losing to SC. I have no doubts that Dabo
> understands that and knows that he has to muster the
> capability to end that little streak ASAP. Frank
> Howard faced the same challenge (along with grads and
> fans ready to riot) after his four-in-a-row loss to
> SC in the early 50's. He found the answer...and won
> the next three. That's a hurdle that Dabo has to
> cross...and no doubt, he hears it every day.

Clemson's dropping the cadet corps and going coed had a lot more to do with it than figuring out how to beat a coach (Rex Enright) who owned him.

Howard once said that when Clemson had the military requirement, he had to post an assistant coach at the bus station, rr depot and the highways leading out of town.

Re:I am 100% behind Dabo and he can manage his

May 5, 2013, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re:I am 100% behind Dabo and he can manage his ]

Peanut,

What you have to understand about the South Carolina series is this: When Dabo took over, the arrow was straight up on a Gamecock program with a NC seasoned veteran highly accomplished head coach at the helm (WITH A 4 YEAR HEAD START), while the arrow was straight down for a Tiger program with a young head coach just starting his career at the helm. Add to that the Gamecocks in the last 4 years have enjoyed the most successful 4 year run by far in the history of Gamecock football.

When I hear people say Dabo's not a good coach in the face of his body of work to date,I totally lose it. A Gamecock fan told me recently, "It's a good thing Dabo is a good recruiter and hires good coaches because he is not a good coach himself." When I quit laughing, I explained to him that he just named two attributes of a good head man...stopped him dead in his tracks.

There is not one head coach in the history of the game that achieved high performance levels w/o good recruiting and good assistants, NOT ONE!!

OUT.

Excellent remarks. Honestly, when SC hired Steve Spurrier,

May 5, 2013, 6:05 PM

I told friends that it wasn't a matter of "if," but "when" he would achieve a certain level of success. Admittedly, he and Ray Tanner have worked wonders with their respective programs. However, I do not believe the two programs have been upended permanently. I expect the rivalry to remain fierce, and I expect Clemson to win its share of the competition.

Re:I have no doubt that he is a good coach but if he loses

May 5, 2013, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re:I am 100% behind Dabo and he can manage his ]

this year, he will have lost five in a row and when he does that he has pretty well proven that the can not beat them and will not win a national championship with a loss to that sorry bunch. Call me crazy if you want to but
I had rather beat the Coots, this year. than to go 11 and 1 and have another loss to them. I hate that bunch with a passion.

May 5, 2013, 5:27 PM

Well said Harry,Earle brown

OMG....Earle! How in the heck are you doing? One of my

May 5, 2013, 5:33 PM

great, ole buddies from our Clemson days! I'll T-Mail you later....

May 5, 2013, 5:30 PM

As a fellow '69 alum, I too have followed home and away for many years. Dabo is the next thing to having Danny Ford. I hope he is here to stay, and it would be nice if he would get Danny's magic over coots.

The record shows that Dabo's a good coach - people......

May 5, 2013, 5:31 PM

who, for some reason, feel otherwise don't know what they're talking about.

Odd. I didn't see anyone picking a fight until you showed up

May 5, 2013, 5:38 PM

As you said in your reply, you are trying to "draw out the negative Nancy's."

Even when times are good, you won't be happy unless you are fighting on tigernet.

uhhh...Maybe you should scan the board.

May 5, 2013, 5:43 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13870428#13870428

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: uhhh...Maybe you should scan the board.

May 5, 2013, 5:51 PM

PLEASE PLEASE tell me you don't subscribe to anymore than about 25% of the opinion pieces written about Clemson by outsiders.

There was also an opinion piece written recently and posted on the Bleacher report site that Dabo was one of the top up and coming young coaches in the country.

It was just a link to the thread.***

May 5, 2013, 5:52 PM

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong, Wosco...I don't pick fights. However, a long-running

May 5, 2013, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Odd. I didn't see anyone picking a fight until you showed up ]

thread on TNet today included repetitious attacks on Dabo, which have been aired over and over. Up to now I've chosen to avoid those brawls; however, like many other loyal Clemson grads and fans, I've grown weary of the lurkers and posters with their own agendas, who constantly condemn Dabo. I would suggest you reread your own response, for that's what I consider an attempt to pick a fight...and I do, however, say that with respect to you and acknowledge your right to say it.

Can you please clarify your post about drawing out Nancys?

May 5, 2013, 9:50 PM

I agree with your first post, but I do not agree with your intention if you wrote it solely to draw out negative posters (as you said in your second post). Please clarify for me.

Thank you for your clarification. I used the words, "Let's

May 5, 2013, 11:04 PM

put the matter to rest..." solely to see if and how the Dabo bashers would respond to the argument I used. However, the basic purpose of the post was to offer a spirited defense of Dabo and his style of leadership.

Re: Odd. I didn't see anyone picking a fight until you showed up

May 6, 2013, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Odd. I didn't see anyone picking a fight until you showed up ]

I believe most folks who have some sense of reason think these are pretty good times right now for Clemson. We are winning a bunch of games, staying within the rules, graduating our players, have a team of players and coaches with a high level of character and maturity, and we are improving our program and our depth each year. I think most should rethink their negative opinions. While scar has elevated their program to heights never reached in their rather uneventful history, they still haven't won much more than a few state championships against a program that was very down most of that time, but they did win some nice 5th place rings in their conference. Is that how we want to measure our success? Really?

May 5, 2013, 5:45 PM

Harry,

Thanks for this post. It is 100% accurate. Perhaps wisdom is what it takes to understand your post, and that only comes with time. I was in the class of 1971.

Thanks. As small as the student body was in those days,

May 5, 2013, 5:50 PM

I probably knew you. If not, I wish I had! Good day to you.

May 5, 2013, 5:56 PM

Sir, I would have to say amen..

May 5, 2013, 6:04 PM

Well said!! Thank you!

Well said! Go Tigers !!***

May 5, 2013, 6:21 PM

May 5, 2013, 6:32 PM

Well said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2013, 6:38 PM

But, Harry, if this is put to rest, what will the Monday morning quarterbacks and coaches have to post?? :)

Well, maybe they could talk about Coach Spurrier's

May 5, 2013, 6:45 PM

penchant for going topless and showing his man-bewbies! Not that I would deny his right to the au naturel side of life! lol

Re: Well, maybe they could talk about Coach Spurrier's

May 5, 2013, 7:17 PM

Hmm I cant throw that stone! I live in that glass house. :)

Re: Well, maybe they could talk about Coach Spurrier's

May 6, 2013, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Well, maybe they could talk about Coach Spurrier's ]

> penchant for going topless and showing his
> man-bewbies! Not that I would deny his right to the
> au naturel side of life! lol

. . . and they are saggin' but I promise you this: his BRAIN ain't! LOL!

Amen. And an ACC title, back-to-back division titles, and

May 5, 2013, 7:07 PM

double digit wins the last two years with outstanding athletes at Clemson and coming to Clemson are the results.

Oh. And Dabo is a good man who actually cares about the kids that play for him.

ALL. IN.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't have to be a pumper to recognize that

May 5, 2013, 7:14 PM

everything you laid out in your post is spot on. It is the truth and I can't see how any objective Tiger could disagree with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Nick leaves Alabama, the phone in McFadden will ring,

May 5, 2013, 7:31 PM

and after some soul searching, the answer will be yes.

I hope you dumpers will then be happy as we slide into a 4 yr period of re-establishing recruiting relationships, donor relationships and media relationships. We'll dip to 500 ball during a couple of those years, and yes, I'll come back on this board and say "Dumpers, I told you so. Tell my friends in El Paso hello".

LOl.. so old.. and yet so naive***

May 5, 2013, 8:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Pardon my inability to grasp, as I am sure that my

May 5, 2013, 8:21 PM

Sunday fare of fried chicken has prompted a certain lethargy. I simply don't follow your remarks and would be grateful for a little elaboration.

Please enlighten us***

May 5, 2013, 8:42 PM [ in reply to LOl.. so old.. and yet so naive*** ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

With comments like that, how is

May 5, 2013, 8:44 PM [ in reply to LOl.. so old.. and yet so naive*** ]

your pulse rate 97%??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

He only speaks 3% of the time.***

May 5, 2013, 9:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here here!

May 5, 2013, 8:39 PM

Nicely done Harry! CEO's are the visionaries and typically excel in sales or management. They don't typically come up through accounting, engineering, etc (the X's and O's).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D*mn Harry..at a Boy, and what have you been drinking my Man

May 5, 2013, 8:58 PM

You are one of the most astute & spirited Clemson Men I've ever known (from afar) and I really like your spirit. Of course, you were a male cheerleader (like the Leader of the Cheering Squad) and a sports writer for The TIGER, later being the Sports Editor..and later the Editor in Chief of the entire The TIGER student newspaper..so that puts you right in the forefront of being one of the best Clemson has ever seen.

You rock Harry, and thanks for your being such a great Tiger over the years!

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd like to think that I was a "male" cheerleader...at least

May 5, 2013, 9:08 PM

that's what I looked like in the mirror! (LOL) Nevertheless, thanks much, Bill, for your kind words.

Too much information!

May 5, 2013, 9:11 PM

;)

Oct 24, 2013, 10:17 AM

You are all over this one, and I would bet that Dabo will be a very highly sought after Head Coach who will be pursued by many big named programs before it's over. I just hope he loves us, and we all love him, enough to keep him. Also, I hope those who have constantly disparaged him the whole time will just become fans of another team.

No doubt some of those of the latter are already fans of

May 5, 2013, 9:25 PM

other teams....

Re: No doubt some of those of the latter are already fans of

May 6, 2013, 7:42 AM

That is the way it seems, but I do know that some of them call themselves Clemson fans. I call them "pseudo" fans.

I think this is the overwhelming majority opinion.

May 5, 2013, 9:18 PM

Why is it being cast as a last-stand defense?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have my doubts that this will be a last-stand. I'm no

May 5, 2013, 9:49 PM

Custer....

I only got one thing to say about Dabo...

May 5, 2013, 9:53 PM

"I told you so!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, who's still b*tchin'? We've had 9, 10, and 11 win

May 5, 2013, 10:15 PM

seasons under Dabo. Let me guess, is it the people who griped about Bowden, then cried in their beer when he resigned, or is it coot jealousy? Probably both.

I'm thinking it's the folks that hang out on STS.

May 5, 2013, 10:24 PM

You know, the guys that wanted to hire a Mike Leach or Lane Kippen type guy with a track record of cheating, blaming 'fat ### little girlfriend for losing control of their teams and quit perfectly good jobs searching for greener pastures?'

*L* Oh yeah, those guys.***

May 5, 2013, 10:33 PM

May 6, 2013, 12:05 AM

My man! Great post. He has once again made Clemson relevant in the national picture but yet there are idiots out there that disagree. We will start this season in the top ten because of his leadership. You are 100% correct buddy. Thanks.

truer words have never been spoken !

May 6, 2013, 5:13 AM

mr. hartins, unfortunately we have too many fans that will not be happy with any coach that doesn't attain the results of saban and what he is doing at 'bama.

Dang, someone made the old man mad!

May 6, 2013, 8:13 AM

Well said hartins, I could not agree more with what you said. I'm so thankful Dabo is our coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Unbelievable! My little, ole buddy from the Queen City

May 6, 2013, 8:19 AM

is behaving rather nicely this morn...and I say that in dire hopes that it doesn't provoke a GWP/DSP/Dave/LBU brawl. Should it do so, no doubt someone will want to know if I've had my daily ration of Metamucil...which I haven't...and won't...for I am a regular sort of guy.

Hartins be careful of the wolf in sheep's clothing. But I

May 6, 2013, 8:22 AM

am happy to hear that you're regular ;)

Good day to you, my Friend....Regularity is in the mind

May 6, 2013, 8:25 AM

of the beholder...and usually in the toilets of our lives. lol

USUALLY?? Where else would it be lol?***

May 6, 2013, 8:46 AM

LET'S PUT THIS MATTER TO REST MR CONTRACTION OF

May 6, 2013, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Unbelievable! My little, ole buddy from the Queen City ]

HARRY TINSLEY, my middle name is perfect.

DEADSOLIDPERFECT

washington & lee, class of '85

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't that where Robert E. Lee's stuffed horse used to be?

May 6, 2013, 8:42 AM

Seems like I saw it there years ago, while visiting relatives, who weren't horses, but liked to horse around. Careful, your little impish friend, GWP, is lurking about, although he has thus far played nicely. lol

traveler is there along with robert. secretariat was owned

May 6, 2013, 8:48 AM

by a washington & lee grad, in keeping with the horse theme, and the very reason his racing colors are blue & white.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haven't seen hartins riled up like this since back in '80,

May 6, 2013, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Dang, someone made the old man mad! ]

september i think, when that benedict arnold fella turn-coated ole gw.

hartins was spittin nails.

I bet hartins was something before electricity***

May 6, 2013, 8:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You couldn't have held a candle to my ability to flame away.***

May 6, 2013, 8:57 AM

We know hartins, you are quite a flamer***

May 6, 2013, 9:00 AM

Not that there's anything wrong with that.***

May 6, 2013, 9:05 AM

Some might suggest that it's better to be flaming, than

May 6, 2013, 9:17 AM [ in reply to We know hartins, you are quite a flamer*** ]

flaking. Naturally, I refrain from such accusations.

can you imagine the party they thru when hartins found

May 6, 2013, 9:17 AM [ in reply to I bet hartins was something before electricity*** ]

fire?

Whew! So THAT'S why gwp said Hartins was a flamer. I was

May 6, 2013, 9:20 AM

a little worried for a minute.

well, back in those days bob, they "huddled" together

May 6, 2013, 9:44 AM

to ward off enemies & for body heat to stave off the cold.

sometimes, if there weren't enough girls, the whole girl boy girl boy rotation fell apart; naturally, i can understand the confuse.

Twas lively enough, but the wing-ding we had after I

May 6, 2013, 9:20 AM [ in reply to can you imagine the party they thru when hartins found ]

invented the wheel was spectacular!

Re: Twas lively enough, but the wing-ding we had after I

May 6, 2013, 9:43 AM

Are you the one that showed everyone how to walk upright as well!?!?!

Indeed, he was the one who first walked

May 6, 2013, 9:52 AM

erect.

Hence he was given the name

May 6, 2013, 9:54 AM

"#### Erectus"

LMAO!***

May 6, 2013, 10:07 AM

does bob owe your keyboard an apology?***

May 6, 2013, 10:32 AM

No, but Kate Upton does***

May 6, 2013, 10:35 AM

ohhhhhhhhhh...

May 6, 2013, 10:36 AM

did she start the funny?

Mrs. GWPTiger

May 6, 2013, 10:37 AM [ in reply to No, but Kate Upton does*** ]

does not approve of this post ;)

Re: Mrs. GWPTiger

May 6, 2013, 11:09 AM

Leave LBU out of this... is that why she hasnt posted on this at all?

Nor does she approve of his post....which you can interpret

May 6, 2013, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Mrs. GWPTiger ]

anyway you wish!

HaHaHaHaHa....Clever....absolutely, clever.***

May 6, 2013, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Hence he was given the name ]

you really got things rollin'...

May 6, 2013, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Twas lively enough, but the wing-ding we had after I ]

;)

Galling would be a more appropriate word....***

May 6, 2013, 12:54 PM

Even worse was my reaction to the misquoting of the great

May 6, 2013, 8:55 AM [ in reply to haven't seen hartins riled up like this since back in '80, ]

patriot Nathan Hale, who was quite a wit. Upon hanging he actually said, "I regret that I had but one laugh to give to my country...." Then, of course, there was that alleged saying of John Paul Jones....Amazing what one remembers 300+ years ago!

You know what would suck?

May 6, 2013, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Dang, someone made the old man mad! ]

Having to explain that an "ole man," had blacked your eye! ;)

Before or after he broke his hip?***

May 6, 2013, 9:55 AM

Re: Before or after he broke his hip?***

May 6, 2013, 10:07 AM

It could have been after... he was in a cast and couldnt bend and was walking around 'erect' sayin 'hey evabody... look at me walking on my two rear hands!'

If sticking you foot up some internet punk's rump break

May 6, 2013, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Before or after he broke his hip?*** ]

a hip then I'm gonna exercise restraint. ;)

You people are shameless! Highjacking a cereal thread

May 6, 2013, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Dang, someone made the old man mad! ]

for your shenanigans. Makes me happy in a way that I'm a #### Erectus rather than a #### Indigestionus.

Message was edited by: hartins®

i like to think of us as the garland hartins, not the judy

May 6, 2013, 12:21 PM

type of course...

we dress the place up.

Somehow I knew that the dressing would eventually "drag"

May 6, 2013, 12:26 PM

us into the dirt. Might have to call upon RuPaul to referee you ladies....

We knew you were SOME kind of

May 6, 2013, 12:31 PM [ in reply to You people are shameless! Highjacking a cereal thread ]

####.

Some folks are straight; some aren't; still others are

May 6, 2013, 1:00 PM

bi-lateral, while a few are ambidextrous...they go left or right. Only a small percentage are vertibots: they like to go up and down. As for me, I prefer living by the old standard: "Give me libation...or give me death!"

So what you're saying is... you swing both ways?***

May 6, 2013, 1:08 PM

Nope....It's too confuciusing......***

May 6, 2013, 1:41 PM

May 6, 2013, 8:20 AM

H&ll Yes!!! Plus 1 =ed 75

I am ALL IN for Dabo, however,

May 6, 2013, 8:25 AM

for any "issues" to be "put to rest"
for all "Dabo Doubters" that abound around Clemson circles:

He has GOT TO Beat USuCk THIS YEAR!!

Otherwise, he is "just another coach". I disagree with that assessment, but for so many naysayers out there it simply is what it is.

Dabo is a GREAT COACH!! I for one am darn proud that he is ours!!

ALL IN!!!!

Exactly. If Gettysburg taught the world anything, it was

May 6, 2013, 8:54 AM

that Lee absolutely blew as a military strategist. His genius was in administration, and in picking subordinates who were absolutely brilliant at their jobs. Granted, at the time the South was filled with younger sons who'd gone off to West Point because of primogeniture, so there was an abundance of talent to choose from, but the whole idea behind going to Gettysburg was just stupid beyond belief, and the decision to go there rests on Lee. Dabo has successfully avoided having his Gettysburg moment so far.

May 6, 2013, 8:57 AM

You misspelled excellence. ;)

LOL...Actually, I had spelled it correctly, then changed it

May 6, 2013, 9:01 AM

for some stupid reason, which most would simply call a "brain fart...or two...or three." I stand corrected and appreciate your vigilanteism...er, vigilance! Good day, my Friend.

Good thing he got to you before that soccergrammarnazi guy.***

May 6, 2013, 9:06 AM

Re: LOL...Actually, I had spelled it correctly, then changed it

May 6, 2013, 9:08 AM [ in reply to LOL...Actually, I had spelled it correctly, then changed it ]

Just wanted to derail your lame post... ;) I KEED!!!!!

May 6, 2013, 10:44 AM

Great post Hartins, couldn't possibly have said it any better myself!

FAIRWOODTIGER 67

well said!***

May 6, 2013, 11:03 AM

Amen, brother! Thank you!***

May 6, 2013, 11:14 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 more points to 100 you old point ####.***

May 6, 2013, 12:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

BOOM....***

May 6, 2013, 1:02 PM

Hartins you've gotten more mileage out of this thread than

May 6, 2013, 1:07 PM

out of that old pair of Hanes.

No doubt I probably have socks and drawers in my

May 6, 2013, 5:39 PM

bureau older than yourself. It's something about that old, comfort zone....

May 6, 2013, 5:25 PM

No question whatsoever that more of the total population of the state of South Carolina is estatic over Dabo Swinney being Clemson's football coach than any of his predecessors!

Actually, there may be more truth to your statement

May 6, 2013, 5:37 PM

than most would realize, given the larger number of Clemson grads and fans along with the greater population than existed 30 years ago, when Danny was at the helm. Whether or not they are in states of ecstasy can only be answered by those folks themselves.

Re: Actually, there may be more truth to your statement

May 6, 2013, 8:18 PM

Also, many more of Tiger games are televised with each new season, as compared to maybe two or three per year in Danny's or Coach Howard's eras. Add in the instant access to sports coverage via internet etc., and Dabo is seen and heard in the media more in one season than the aforementioned coaches were in perhaps 10 years.

Nice post. Point.***

May 6, 2013, 5:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Great Post***

May 6, 2013, 6:53 PM

AMEN, ALL IN***

May 6, 2013, 7:17 PM

If he bolted for Bama what would you say?***

May 6, 2013, 8:00 PM

Hire the best coach available....Same thing any fan of

May 7, 2013, 4:53 AM

any school would say.

You would be awake at 4:53am.***

May 7, 2013, 4:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Don't short shrift me...I've been up since 4....I'm going

May 7, 2013, 5:20 AM

somewhere at 10....just letting you know. lol

Re: Don't short shrift me...I've been up since 4....I'm going

May 7, 2013, 9:22 AM

It takes you that long to get ready... man you move slow. ;)

Sorry Sir...I respectfully disagree.

May 6, 2013, 8:15 PM

Dabo has beaten up on a bad conference and won one big game (LSU). He is 1-4 against South Carolina and 2-3 in bowl games.

It is certainly a half full/empty scenario. In my opinion, Dabo hasn't put it all together...yet. I was pleasantly shocked after the LSU game, but one win doesn't make a coach.

But in response to your thoughts on leadership, Dabo has yet to prove he is a good leader. He brought in Chad Morris who will leave soon. When that happens, we'll see what Dabo is made of.

Re: Sorry Sir...I respectfully disagree.

May 6, 2013, 11:05 PM

I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of the gamecock nation would vote that we keep Dabo for a long, long time.

LOL....That is, until if and when he figures a way to

May 7, 2013, 5:18 AM

eke out a victory over SC, huh? But I get your drift....

I pointed you, SteelTiger1, because you had the guts to

May 7, 2013, 5:16 AM [ in reply to Sorry Sir...I respectfully disagree. ]

offer your opinion on a thread that has been generally receptive of my points, and because you offer valid thoughts that I have had. I ask myself a simple question: Would I yield the wins, the excitement and expectations that Dabo has created, given the mistakes and disappointments? The answer? No. Thus, I can only hope to see further progress with victories over those we should defeat, as well as victories over more quality opponents, including the Gamecocks. A key point in my OP was that I believe the final verdict on Dabo's tenure has yet to be rendered; however, I sense a trend toward the type of quality that we all desire, and until proven otherwise, I will support Dabo.

Re: I pointed you, SteelTiger1, because you had the guts to

May 7, 2013, 6:04 AM

Very well said, sir!

Well said! Totally agree! Wish I could give you 100 points***

May 6, 2013, 9:02 PM

Wish I could Tumb Up Twice!***

May 7, 2013, 7:24 AM

Replies: 137
| visibility 1