Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LAWD dude that use to work for me.............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

LAWD dude that use to work for me.............

Dec 21, 2018, 8:37 PM

Ex Navy Vet was just on the phone with me earlier (severe PTSD) and he has cancer so he spilled his guts to me tonight about what did in Beirut after the Marine barracks bombing.

Killed a 12 yr old kid because he walked up to him with a AK. He's haunted and was talking about doing bad stuff to himself. Damm I'm no psychologist/psychiatrist I just tried to talk him off the ledge. (fingers crossed)

Not what I needed hear tonight. I need a shot now.

Ashburn Maddog®
grouchingtiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LAWD dude that use to work for me.............

Dec 21, 2018, 8:43 PM

Sorry to hear that. Hope he gets the help he needs to get through the bad times.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Damm he's back on the phone talking about picking up........

Dec 21, 2018, 8:45 PM

his Glock. Eff I don't know what to say except don't do it!! Just spill your guts to me I'll listen. Help me people on what to say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately there is no right/wrong thing to say

Dec 21, 2018, 8:52 PM

Put the emphasis on what he has to live for.

Give him this number: tel:1-800-273-8255. VA National Suicide Prevention hotline.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm trying sir.............

Dec 21, 2018, 9:06 PM

and maybe shouldn't be posting this but #### I'm just trying to talk to him as I type.

Trying to get in touch with my Recon buddy that was at Beirut to call him. Plus I'm giving him #### about once a Hippie now a Trumper. Just trying to get him off the subject.

And he just hung up on me crying. Damm.

Sorry gang I'm out.

Not a shrink but I have worked with folks with PTSD

Dec 21, 2018, 8:54 PM

Nothing to mess with. You MUST let someone know what’s going on. Let them decide if he is in danger or a danger to someone else. Call the local cops or 911 and bring it to their attention. It’s not a lose-lose situation if this guy gets the help he needs. T’s and P’s coming your way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And BTW......don’t try to do it all yourself

Dec 21, 2018, 8:56 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no clue where he lives. *****

Dec 21, 2018, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Not a shrink but I have worked with folks with PTSD ]

Re: I have no clue where he lives. *****

Dec 21, 2018, 9:14 PM

ATL PAW MAN®

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct. Call da po po give details and request a safety check.

Dec 21, 2018, 10:10 PM [ in reply to I have no clue where he lives. ***** ]

They can figure out where he lives.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Update: I called dude and yes woke his butt up.............

Dec 22, 2018, 7:07 AM

Hey I can't help it if people don't get up as early as me. Seemed a bit better this morning. Thanked me for listening to him last night. I gave him the number that grouchingtiger® posted. He said he would call it later today because he wanted to go back to sleep "damm you Bruce" lol.

OK back to cleaning house listening to music. On right now..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPkM8F0sjSw

Thanks for the update. You are a good person.

Dec 22, 2018, 7:56 AM

Hope you and yours have a relaxing and Merry Christmas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes relax, cook and good beer. Here's to wishing you ......

Dec 22, 2018, 8:06 AM

and family a Merry Christmas Padre.

I don't care where you are politically, racially or anything

Dec 22, 2018, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Update: I called dude and yes woke his butt up............. ]

else.

Marvin has a fantastic voice.

Good luck with your friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic