Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kweshun about punt blocking and lack thereof
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,067

Kweshun about punt blocking and lack thereof

Nov 25, 2018, 5:59 PM

Been watching CU football since before Dabo... I'd say in the last 15 years or so I don't recall seeing real pressure on a punt much less a punt blocked. I guess the focus is on returns rather than blocks. Just seems like other teams come pretty close to blocking us, but we don't ever return the favor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kweshun about punt blocking and lack thereof

Nov 25, 2018, 6:54 PM

You haven't watched all the games dude .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Risk of a penalty not worth the rare chance to actually bloc

Nov 25, 2018, 7:04 PM

king one

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Risk of a penalty not worth the rare chance to actually bloc

Nov 25, 2018, 7:46 PM

while I understand the risk of penalty , it seems by allowing the punter plenty of time they tend to get off much better punts with great hangtimes seems like putting more pressure would produce rushed kicks increasing the chances of bad or shanked punts its not like we don't have a wealth of talent on defense to put on the pressure

Nov 25, 2018, 9:39 PM

Muse partially blocked one in the 2016 championship game.

Agree though. We need to be a little more aggressive to keep Ray Guy from showing up every other punt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 9:59 PM

What I hate is that even though we put NO pressure on punts, we also fail to provide any protection for our punt returner. I am so sick of seeing Amari getting pulverized by several players when he does not fair catch the ball. NOBODY seems to block. Either try to block the punt and plan to fair catch the ball, or let them punt against weak pressure and block for our PR. Geez, does nobody not notice that? I bet Amari does.

We usually play

Nov 25, 2018, 10:05 PM

punt safe to avoid a backbreaking fake punt.

someone is timing punts, so they know whether we can block them.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 25, 2018, 11:02 PM

I do agree that we seem to put less pressure on opposing punters than a lot of teams and I also agree with the statement about Amari feeling the pressure when not fair catching a punt. I do also say this with a mix of truth and trepidation as expressing true feelings from a true fan about how plays are excuted or not executed, or offering a general opinion around here lately brings forth a torrent of rage, accusations of treason, and unleashes a “hang them from the highest tree” mentality. Scary to think that free speech isn’t so free any more. Not trying to hijack your post just expressing an opinion.

Based on years of watching Dabo's Special Teams

Nov 25, 2018, 11:12 PM

IMHO special teams are a low priority for Coach Swinney. Tiger coaching staff under his leadership is happy to win the O and D battles and pursue a draw on Special Teams.

That said, it was interesting to watch Ohio St and Auburn block punts this weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,067
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic