Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kweshun about NIT bowl games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Kweshun about NIT bowl games

Dec 12, 2018, 9:01 PM

Obviously attendance at almost all the non-Jan 1 bowls is often poor to very poor. The word is that ESPN doesn't care about local attendance, rather they just need content inventory. But somebody has to care, right. I mean how does ESPN sell this "inventory" to advertisers if nobody is much watching. Maybe these "title sponsors" get these games on the cheap. I dunno. But now that the CFP has created these 30 some-odd NIT bowls, it just seems somebody has to be left bnb holding the bag. I can't think of a single compelling NIT bowl incl the Jan 1's.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kweshun about NIT bowl games

Dec 12, 2018, 9:12 PM

It’s always been this way, no one has ever cared to travel to this type of games. With the CFP even the Jan 1 bowls struggle to sell tickets, if the playoffs expand to 8 the Jan 1 bowls will die.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kweshun about NIT bowl games

Dec 13, 2018, 6:55 AM

The attendance at the games might be bad but TV might get (guesstimating) 1 mil views for the Car Care Bowl and that's something ESPN can sell to advertisers.

People attending only helps local businesses around the Bowl Game, ESPN really doesn't care about that so they don't care what attendance is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic