Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Korean War
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,034

Korean War

Jan 31, 2019, 7:44 PM

In earlier posts it was noted that I was in the 205th Signal Repair Company in Korea. The company was composed of five teams, A, B, C, D, & E. Each team was attached to a Division or other military unit and rather than being denoted as a team, they were referred to as a Detachment. I was never with the entire company and with the same men for an extended period of time so I never developed a close relationship with any of the men. For example, 3 of us were with a Combat Engineering Company for about 10 - 12 weeks, I was with six men at one time, 12 men at another time and about 20 men just before coming home. I am in constant contact with a former company member from Tennessee who will be coming to see me in mid February.

We were together for a short time (about two weeks) in Pyongyang before the Chinese hordes forced our withdrawal on Dec 1, 1950. We ended up in Pusan and were together for the entire month. I left on Jan. 1, 1951, for TDY with the Combat Engineering Company at the 38th. Parallel. So, our total time together was about 45 days. Since reconnecting several years ago we have attempted to dig up and share info about our company mates as well as events that occurred before, during and after the time we were together.

We lost several men KIA and others that were wounded. We know of some but can't find info about others. We have confirmed seven but I know of another but can't remember his name so that leads to a dead end.

If any of you care to do so, you may Google 205th. Signal Repair Company, Korea. There is a lot of other stuff there including some of my posts from TigerNet.

The names of the following and some info about each one can be found there. These four were KIA. Cpl. James E. Binkley, Capt. Walter W. Bundy, TSgt. Charles W. Hurd and 2LT George E Hannan. There is also an article about Clayton Arnett. I contacted Arnett several years ago but due to his health I did not get much info from him. We were together for only about two weeks and then he had pneumonia and had to go to the hospital. I never saw him again.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Korean War

Jan 31, 2019, 8:02 PM

Thanks for the information Joe and thank you for your service for this country.....Freedom is not Free and many Americans have made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve our country and our freedom......My dad served in Korea for two years but did not like to talk about his time over there......He passed away about 5 years ago and I still miss him everyday.....Go Tigers!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2019, 8:06 PM

Joe, thank you! I look up to you, an American hero.

Jan 31, 2019, 8:18 PM

God bless you sir and all your fellow servicemen. The greatest respect for you and those men.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2019, 11:25 PM

Thanks for your service. My father was also in Korea for 2 years after going back in after WWII. He was a first lieutenant in the air force. He was a co pilot / bombardier on a B26. They flew all night missions through the mountains hunting troop and ammo trains. He earned the distinguished flying cross and the air medal. I have pictures of him with his B29 bomber crew on Quam. And with his B26 named the Mar-Jim in Korea. He passed away on October 6th. 2006 at the age of 83. He was a great patriot and a great father. Miss him very much.

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,034
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic