Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Knee Jerk Reactions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 590

Knee Jerk Reactions

May 14, 2019, 8:17 AM

So the stock market drops 617 points and it’s all due a knee jerk reaction. China hits back with tariffs, and all of a sudden they’re winning the trade war? I don’t think people realize that the US doesn’t benefit in respects to trade volume by trading with China. Corporations are the only beneficiaries due to cheap labor and cheap material cost. China literally steals technology, manipulates their currency, and places open bans on US markets. Democrats, please tell us again how China’s tariffs impacted us one bit as American workers. Why we even labeled such a dishonest nation a favored trading partner is beyond me. That’s like a guy stealing your television from your home and you label him the most favored neighbor. What this trade war will do is force US corporations to buy US raw goods, and hire Americans to perform the labor. Oh the horror! Spare me the semantics of free trade because free trade is useless to us unless it is also fair trade. For the record, Mexico will pay for the wall. People with an IQ higher than a potato will understand how they will pay for it. Through tariffs, through seizure of cartel drug money, and through money wire transfer penalties. Nobody with any level of intellect believed that the Mexican Government was going to write a check to the White House.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

My initial thought is that

May 14, 2019, 8:24 AM

“Knee-jerk” needs a hyphen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My initial thought is that

May 14, 2019, 9:37 AM

Thanks, I’ll make a correction.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Re: Knee Jerk Reactions

May 14, 2019, 9:35 AM

dman china for selling us all that crap that we do not need. I'd much rather make a stand than go get that new Samsung TV that upscales everything to 4k and 120 fps. Best Buy has the 60" model for $599, probably half of what my first 40" console TV cost in 1995 back when we were still hammering out these unfair trade deals.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 9:58 AM

Personally, I think a knee-jerk reaction is wanting Americans with different political opinions than you to die. What do you think, Chesty?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

May 14, 2019, 10:13 AM

Mexico won't pay a dollar for our wall.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 11:25 AM

One big issue with your line of thinking is that most folks cannot afford American made products. The regulations,EPA and labor costs make them out of reach, I own a lot of USA made products and they are not cheap.Our Fiat based currency, our debt laden society demands cheap products.

May 14, 2019, 11:30 AM

Tiger1Dad said:

One big issue with your line of thinking is that most folks cannot afford American made products. The regulations,EPA and labor costs make them out of reach, I own a lot of USA made products and they are not cheap.Our Fiat based currency, our debt laden society demands cheap products.

The fiat money is going away very soon. Look for a new currency around the first quarter next year. European banks are already conducting a massive audit. Major transactions are being frozen at the clearing houses. It’s figgin da get nasty!

~Chesty Puller

So what new currency will we be expected to use next year?

May 14, 2019, 2:06 PM

This is an interesting development.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what new currency will we be expected to use next year?

May 14, 2019, 2:27 PM

E-coin. This was all predicted on Mr Robot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Knee Jerk Reactions ]

Also, a lot of the products arent made here anyway, so there more than often isnt an option to buy American made.

We benefit greatly by importing goods from China

May 14, 2019, 2:19 PM

because to compete, U.S. companies have to sell goods cheaper and this keeps inflation down.

We’ve had hardly any inflation since NAFTA was enacted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Companies left and took jobs with them.

May 14, 2019, 3:31 PM

That means I agree on low inflation but when people aren't working they aren't buying. When there's no demand the price remains low.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In some industries, but NAFTA created more

May 14, 2019, 3:51 PM

jobs than it caused us to lose.

https://www.marketplace.org/2017/03/22/did-nafta-cost-or-create-jobs-both/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uncertainty is the greater risk

May 14, 2019, 3:29 PM

..... and the real possibility of a much wider and prolonged conflict.

China has foreign debt problems of their own which has created pressure on USD-RMB.

https://www.hiddenforces.io/podcast/china-risks-anne-stevenson-yang

Uncertainty is the greater risk

May 14, 2019, 3:29 PM

..... and the real possibility of a much wider and prolonged conflict.

China has foreign debt problems of their own which has created pressure on USD-RMB.

https://www.hiddenforces.io/podcast/china-risks-anne-stevenson-yang

Nearly three years and you're not use to it yet?***

May 14, 2019, 7:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 590
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic