Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One thing sticks out in this article.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 606

One thing sticks out in this article.

Apr 21, 2019, 6:50 AM

6 people helped apprehend 5600 illegal aliens in just two months.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-militia/fbi-arrests-leader-of-armed-group-stopping-migrants-in-new-mexico-idUSKCN1RW0O5

Interesting the guy was arrested on some weapons charge and not impersonating an officer. Interesting to see the charge and then hear the governors comments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One thing sticks out in this article.

Apr 21, 2019, 8:05 AM

Yeah that’s what sticks out. Not that there is a felon with an assumed name leading a masked, armed militia group peddling in far right conspiracies and hunting down unarmed brown people, many children, along the border.

And worse there’s some 30% of “Americans” that find this behavior morally acceptable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So I guess you found the charges the most interesting.

Apr 21, 2019, 8:34 AM

If the FBI investigated them and could only come up with the gun charge then you may have them mischaracterized. Just maybe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2019, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: One thing sticks out in this article. ]

The felon carrying a gun should be arrested. Other than that I really don't see anything wrong with what they did.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My thoughts too. But when you hear the governors spin

Apr 21, 2019, 9:37 AM

And see the charges they don't match.

I see no problem with pardoning this guy for anything

Apr 21, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: One thing sticks out in this article. ]

bleeding heartpusscakes like you can invent to charge him with. Thousands were about to illegally add to the flood of illegals in this country.

-Nikoli

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: I see no problem with pardoning this guy for anything

Apr 21, 2019, 11:22 AM

So it’s cool for convicted felons who impersonated police to walk around brandishing fire arms and pretending to be border patrol? Totally invented charge.

“Hopkins was previously arrested in Oregon in 2006 on suspicion of impersonating a police officer and being a felon in possession of a firearm, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.“

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they did what you said, there would be additional charges***

Apr 21, 2019, 11:36 AM

Key word: if.

Apr 21, 2019, 12:57 PM

Never a shortage on this board of snowflake libs, running to the rescue of those attempting come to the country, illegally.

-Nikoli Tesla

Re: If they did what you said, there would be additional charges***

Apr 21, 2019, 1:29 PM [ in reply to If they did what you said, there would be additional charges*** ]

Don’t take my word for it. Let’s let border patrol weigh in on it...

"Interference by civilians in law enforcement matters could have public safety and legal consequences for all parties involved," the agency said on its Twitter account

Sure it could,

Apr 21, 2019, 1:43 PM

but don't try to con us with this excuse, since your apexial intent: let those pass who wanna come in.

-Nikloi Tesla, PhD

Re: Sure it could,

Apr 21, 2019, 1:49 PM

Actually my problem with this is that there are mentally deranged people out there that think they are “patriots” by taking the law into their own hands and even more mentally unstable folks who think it’s cool that armed felons are out on patrol.

Why are you whimpering about this one small,

Apr 21, 2019, 2:54 PM

isolated incident? Then exaggerating like Main Stream Media: painting it to be a chronic, repetitive occurence. You should be thankful that such didn't happen during Obama's 8. He'd be fertilizing a field of wildflowers...

Make sure you turn a blind eye to the Social Justice Warriors. Especially that group trying to sway public opinion that its justified de-facing historic property and demanding re-naming, when nonesuch has any emotional effect directly on those that live/breathe today.

-Dr. Nikola Tesla

Re: Why are you whimpering about this one small,

Apr 21, 2019, 3:49 PM

Isolated?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia_organizations_in_the_United_States

And sorry some people are hurting precious statues of confederate generals. Meanwhile who cares about lives of human beings.

Meanwhile, the breakdown of law and order continues.

Apr 21, 2019, 6:34 PM

It starts with refusing to enforce immigration. Then drug laws. Now counties are "sanctuaries" within their own states....

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-second-amendment-sanctuary-county-movement-illinois-20190416-story.html

Just a steady and predictable unraveling. It will continue and get worse.

Re: Meanwhile, the breakdown of law and order continues.

Apr 21, 2019, 6:52 PM

I agree law and order is breaking down. You can openly instruct a federal investigation and half the country doesn’t give a ####.

And you can openly refuse to enforce laws passed by Congress

Apr 21, 2019, 8:18 PM

too. It starts at the top and is trickling down. Mainly because Congress is broken.

Lol, knew I could get you to cough up your motivator.

Apr 21, 2019, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are you whimpering about this one small, ]

Spending your energy railing against history that you can't change, Fool. Distant second: support your naive cause for lawbreakers.

Leave your front door open to help your local human suffering. Don't BSme that is different than what you mewl about re: immigrant sympathy.

-DNT

Apr 21, 2019, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: If they did what you said, there would be additional charges*** ]

And the militia's spokesperson, Jim Benvie, told El Paso ABC affiliate KVIA. "The [New Mexico] AG has declared war on American citizens at the order of the ACLU, instructing the governor, in a sense, to effectively find a reason to remove private citizens from assisting and documenting a crisis on the border”

That’s dangerous language that is sure to elevate this situation more.

Apr 21, 2019, 5:43 PM [ in reply to If they did what you said, there would be additional charges*** ]

Here’s a shot of the “badge” these loons are wearing. Further proof of an attempt to impersonate law enforcement.

And another of their outfit. Masks and assault weapons. Looks so legal. How long do you think it would take for police to shoot me dead if I walked around the mall looking like this? Or what if they accidentally cross into Mexico. What do you think Mexican authorities would think if they came across someone that looked like this?

So why no impersonating an officer charges?***

Apr 21, 2019, 6:36 PM

Re: So why no impersonating an officer charges?***

Apr 21, 2019, 6:50 PM

Im not the police or a prosecutor so all I can do is speculate but Probably because the gun charge serves the purpose of getting his ### behind bars and likely much easier to prove in court of law than impersonation.

I think your picture is pretty good evidence.***

Apr 21, 2019, 8:04 PM

Citizen's arrest, citizen's arrest...

Apr 21, 2019, 1:46 PM

https://youtu.be/9efgLHgsBmM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2019, 8:05 AM

Let's add conspiracy to commit murder/domestic terrorism to the list of charges.

"Hopkins also allegedly made the statement that the United Constitutional Patriots were training to assassinate George Soros, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, because of these individuals' support of Antifa," according to court papers.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/22/us/border-militia-arrest-larry-hopkins/index.html

Replies: 24
| visibility 606
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic