Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Kelly Bryant

Dec 26, 2017, 10:37 PM

The first QB to be from SC and lead a team to the playoffs. With him being a SC native it makes me root for him so much more. Even in his wildest dreams there is no way KB thought he would be where he is today especially after growing up most of his life in Calhoun Falls!

Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant

Dec 26, 2017, 10:44 PM

Wish I could give this a thumbs up!! Kid is a baller, I pray he brings it all the way home?

Dec 26, 2017, 10:48 PM

He seems to have stayed a humble young man. Seems the perfect kid to have followed DW4.

Dec 26, 2017, 10:48 PM

His attitude and character make you pull for him even more. He has proven the haters wrong and proven me wrong. He is the real deal and we are watching greatness once again this year from another outstanding Clemson man.

Dec 26, 2017, 11:23 PM

At first I had doubts, but he has proved to be the best. I thought he needed to throw the long ball, why should he, when we have receivers that will get the yardage. Every game I have watched, he has matured, there is no stopping us now. GO TIGERS!!

Dec 27, 2017, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

Y you got such a tude over kb. I don’t think he had any clemson fans that hated him. Nobody really knew except what they saw in backup role. He was never a bad guy or anything.

The coaches built the perfect offense for him and he had to mature and learn how to not act or be DW4.

Is he a great passer, no but he’s learned confidence and been extremely fortunate to have such a great D to complement the offense and win us games when he was off like the fsu game and bc game and nc state game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2017, 1:23 AM

All the games you listed our offense scored at least 31 points. Also NC State put up the most points on our defense all year, so they definitely were not the reason we won that game.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dec 27, 2017, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

I have seen plenty of post calling for HJ to start. That is hating on our qb. We had a great D to complement our O last year. You act like DW was never off or.something. The Troy game last year. What about the Pitt game? What about Louisville and FSU did our D not win those games last year? I do not get why we give so much praise to DW but yet hardly any to KB. I love DW and he was amazing. So is KB. We are 12-1 and in the playoffs in large part thanks to him. He has been a dang good passer. The last 3 games he has thrown the deep ball very well. His comp percentage is up there with the nation's best. Give him the credit he deserves is all I am asking and stop acting like it is all the D.

Dec 28, 2017, 9:52 AM

Every game you listed from last year the defense gave up at least 30 points except the Troy game, which the defense gave up 24. The offense most certainly won those games last year.

You wonder why DW gets so much more love than KB. I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Last year DW threw for over 4600 yards with 41 tds. He also ran for 629 yards and 9 tds.

This year, in 2 less games so far, KB has passed for 2678 with only 13 tds. He has run for 646 yards and 11 tds.

KB is a game manager, where as DW was a game changer. It’s why DW was a first round draft pick and hopefully KB gets drafted. Whether you like it or not, the defense is the strength of this team this year. There’s nothing wrong with that.

And for the record, i think KB has improved greatly over the last 3 games. He looks like the qb he was at the beginning of the year. He did something I didn’t think he could do against Miami, which was beat a good defense with his arm when the ground game was shut down. I’ll gladly eat crow on that.

I don’t really understand why you cheer for him more

Dec 26, 2017, 11:51 PM

just because he’s from South Carolina. Why not cheer hard for all of our players, regardless of where they are from, because they chose to be Clemson student-athletes?

I want the best possible young men, who are smart, talented, hard workers, who live life with integrity - and I don’t care if they are from South Carolina or not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I don’t really understand why you cheer for him more

Dec 27, 2017, 12:32 AM

Agree!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2017, 7:04 AM [ in reply to I don’t really understand why you cheer for him more ]

OK I agree maybe a poor choice of words to say i root for him more. What I meant is that it's more special (to me).

Clemson used to rely heavily on in state recruiting until Dabo changed the culture. With all of the talent pouring in from all over the country, its nice to see an in state who guy who grew up loving Clemson having a chance to lead his team to a national championship.

He got to beat down the coots in their house. He didn't have to learn how nasty the rivalry was when he got to Clemson. He had seen it first hand his whole life! Imagine the pressure he felt going in to that game and to come out on top the way he did. WOW!!! That's awesome.

Dec 27, 2017, 9:23 AM [ in reply to I don’t really understand why you cheer for him more ]

Who was the last successful starting QB from SC? Woody?

Dec 27, 2017, 9:52 AM

For Clemson, yeah it would be Woody, unfortunately Korn was never the same after the shoulder injury.

However, from the state of SC it would be Rudolph over at OK State.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It never ceases to amaze me.

Dec 27, 2017, 7:27 AM

How many people get butt hurt over the smallest things. I hope this is not a permanent paradigm shift in our society. It is absolutely OK to pull for Kelly more because he's a Wren boy. Get over it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It never ceases to amaze me.

Dec 27, 2017, 8:23 AM

Exactly! People pull for Hunter Renfrow more than anybody else on the team... If he wants to pull more for KB cause he's a South Carolina kid, then so be it!!

Dec 27, 2017, 9:12 AM [ in reply to It never ceases to amaze me. ]

He's from Calhoun Falls though, went to Abbeville originally. Actually transferred to Wren because the Abbeville coach wouldn't change his wing-t offense to pass the ball more.

Good move on his part though, most likely wouldn't have made it to Clemson if he had stayed in Abbeville.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2017, 11:00 AM

Yes, but you can't blame Abbeville for not converting to the spread. They don't have the athletes to be successful at running the spread but 3 state championships in a row prove that the winged T works for them.

I'm glad KB went to Wren though. He would have taken a beating in the winged T offense.

Ahem…

Dec 29, 2017, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: It never ceases to amaze me. ]

It’s called the A-Bone.

Dec 28, 2017, 9:25 AM [ in reply to It never ceases to amaze me. ]

My thoughts exactly Courtney

Isn't Clemson reason enough to cheer for him even more?***

Dec 28, 2017, 10:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares!

Dec 29, 2017, 4:13 PM

Whatever reason you decide. Just don't judge someone as a bad fan because they pull more for SC kids.

We didn't land on Howard's Rock, Howard's Rock landed on...

Dec 29, 2017, 4:35 PM

Bama's asz last year and it's on it way up side their heads again right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic