Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had some friends in town today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Had some friends in town today

May 13, 2018, 8:21 PM

From Bristol. ‘They’ say the talk of the town is a game in the near future in the speedway between UT and our Tigers.
Personally, I hope this never happens because I remember all to well the turmoil in the early 80’s caused by the Vols. I know our future schedule has been made for several years and it doesn’t include this game in this venue.
Supposedly it has already been mentioned on the tv stations in that area.
Anyone know about this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had some friends in town today***

May 13, 2018, 8:29 PM

May 13, 2018, 8:32 PM

A lot of rumblings and some maybe games with Georgia/Tennessee. I was not impressed with the first game@ the Speedway. Some friends said the seating was too far removed from the field and tickets were too high. Plenty of other neutral sites if it happens

May 13, 2018, 8:35 PM

I agree. A lousy place for a football game. Not that great race track either!

Yeah, watching a FB game at bristol would be like watching

May 13, 2018, 9:40 PM

a Basketball game in Death Valley.

Re: Had some friends in town today

A home and home with UCLA would be nice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Tennessee won't play us in Clemson so can't do a home and home.

Therefore there has been discussions regarding a neutral site. Bristol was mentioned at one time but I hardly see that as neutral and I don't really see anything great coming from a game with them but the last part was just my opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tennessee won't play us in Clemson so can't do a home and home.

May 13, 2018, 8:34 PM

As I recall, after the probation was placed on Clemson because of the UT involvement, Clemson said they would never schedule them again. I’m certain that I read that years ago. A good question for Mr. Bourette who knows everything!

Just my personal bias, but I hope

May 13, 2018, 8:35 PM

we never play those cheatin' bastige Vols again. And while this chip on my shoulder is a result of them cheating the Tigers way back in the mid-70's, those buttwipes are on the verge of SEC desperation and the extent to which they'll stoop to win is undoubtedly at Marianas Trench depth

The Tigers playing the cheatin'Vols can only benefit their program...and we're already recruiting well in that state anyhow

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just my personal bias, but I hope

May 13, 2018, 8:39 PM

I agree 100%. Playing them would be to much of an aid to their program. The win in Atlanta was one of my personal great Tiger victories .... even if Bowden got the credit! UT is on their way to obscurity and I enjoy every minute of it.

Exactly

May 13, 2018, 9:04 PM

No desire to go to Bristol and play Tennessee. More of a home field for them at a spectator UNfriendly venue. Add in being robbed twice in the 70s at Knoxville and UT getting some prime SC talent (Stanley Morgan and Haynesworth to mention a couple) over the years, there is nothing to be gained. We have the upper hand now.

Not afraid of Vols. Play home and home or not at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tee Higgins catching 7 TDs in Knoxville would be sweet.***

May 13, 2018, 10:11 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 13, 2018, 8:40 PM

Not sure why we would ever want to play game there?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2018, 8:53 PM

If they want us (and you know good and well that they don’t) they can come to our house. We don’t need them and we aren’t in the SEC charity business.

May 13, 2018, 10:13 PM

Agreed. We already play a charity game against an SEC Least Sisters of the Poor team every year. Don’t need another one.

May 13, 2018, 8:49 PM

Wouldnt attend, bristol is a garbage venue for football

Wife's cousin attended the VT/UT game at Bristol a few

May 13, 2018, 10:02 PM

years back. Said it was very hard to see the field from the seats, concessions were sky high, and lines were very long. I don't think that's a venue that would be a good fit for the Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still say lets schedule the Ole Miss Hottie Toddy's

May 13, 2018, 10:17 PM

The bag man is gone, half the players are gone, and they still have never lost a party! Hottie Toddy Party at the Grove!

6 hours 45 minutes from Clemson. We can handle it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic