Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just looked at the ESPN FPI top 25, what a joke!!!!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 4,887

Just looked at the ESPN FPI top 25, what a joke!!!!!!!

May 22, 2019, 6:19 PM

This is nothing but a self serving index to try and prop up the rankings of SEC teams. Does anyone really believe the SEC has 10 of the 25 best teams? Or that they have 6 of the best 11 teams? How is U5Cjr rated #19 and UVA is nowhere to be found? Does anyone outside of Bristol, CN and Alabama really believe Auburn is a top 10 team? College football really needs a true competitor to ABC/ESPN, CBS isn’t they promote one conference SEC, NBC isn’t they only promote one team Notre Dame, and FOX does little to promote college football and try an influence public opinion. ESPN has transformed into a propagandist network with no hint of objectivity and it’s time to call them what they’re, propagandist.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just looked at the ESPN FPI top 25, what a joke!!!!!!!

May 22, 2019, 6:22 PM

I'd write them a strongly worded letter.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A terse fax wil get there faster.***

May 22, 2019, 6:25 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

May 22, 2019, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Just looked at the ESPN FPI top 25, what a joke!!!!!!! ]

Go for it, but a Monopoly does care what the public thinks.

May 22, 2019, 6:31 PM

Sec

SOLUTION ~~~~~~~> 44-16!

May 22, 2019, 6:36 PM

OVER & OVER & OVER! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 6:40 PM

Connecticut is CT, not CN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Recruiting rankings are a portion of the formula

May 22, 2019, 7:36 PM

The SEC frequently has like 11 teams in the top 25 of the recruiting rankings every year so that's certainly propping them up a bit.

What's the significance of UVA and SC? Not following why UVA needs to be ranked.

Thumped SCar 28-0 to end last year... Simple.***

May 22, 2019, 7:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure what a 2018 bowl game has to do with 2019 ***

May 22, 2019, 10:11 PM

Re: Not sure what a 2018 bowl game has to do with 2019 ***

May 23, 2019, 6:49 AM

What else you going by ?

I don't know... Maybe at least take into account some of

May 23, 2019, 8:52 AM

the other 99% of the data available on the two teams rather than lazily looking at the 1%. Those teams played, what, 26 games last year? I guess technically 25 since both were involved in one of them. There's also things to consider such as overall talent (still a pretty big edge to SC), coaching (edge to Bronco and UVA), experience (returning production is fairly even according to Bill Connelly), etc.

Don't be lazy guys. Even one head to head game in the current year doesn't mean that team A is definitively better than team B (Pitt wasn't better than Clemson in 2016 nor was Cuse better in 2017). One head to head game in the previous year in the sport of college football where about 25% of the rosters turn over each season means even less. There's no way i can confidently say that UVA > SC in 2019. I think they have a better HC, but that's really it. Every other advantage still points to SC right now.

Re: I don't know... Maybe at least take into account some of

May 23, 2019, 8:54 AM

I actually agree with you. I'm not sure that I'd rank South Carolina in the top 25, but I don't have a problem with them being ranked ahead of UVA.

Gotta justify those preseason rankings...***

May 23, 2019, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Recruiting rankings are a portion of the formula ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism as usual***

May 22, 2019, 7:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

ALL networks are about propaganda for their own interests.

May 22, 2019, 7:57 PM

There aren't any networks that aren't anymore. True journalism is a disappearing occupation. Get paid or get 'hits' is the new bottom line.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 8:16 PM

They have become the sports king of fake news......and after all that BS last year have not learned their lesson yet......can not be taken seriously any more about real sports news based on just facts and not their biased SEC opinions.....Go Tigers!!!!

it is a self-serving drive to get clicks

May 22, 2019, 8:19 PM

it's why there is a buzillion, tramillion dollars a year resulting from people clicking pages and ads.

Just put something that people will react to and shovel in the $$$

you're soaking in it now!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

And then we show up with $2.00 bills and KICK DAT AXX!!!***

May 22, 2019, 9:21 PM

Re: it is a self-serving drive to get clicks

May 23, 2019, 12:49 AM [ in reply to it is a self-serving drive to get clicks ]

Are you trying to say women in my area are not looking for me ? At least I can save thousands on my car insurance with just 7 simple hacks.

May 23, 2019, 1:01 AM

They very well may, but who cares either way?

Who cares

May 23, 2019, 9:12 AM

They do the same every season and guess what? An eSECpn team didn't finish the year #1 two of the last three years. That's all I care about. Let em expand to 24 teams and occupy the entire top 25 except for the top spot. The entire country knows who belongs there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 4,887
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic