Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just Thinking About Strength of Schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 967

Just Thinking About Strength of Schedule

Apr 19, 2019, 8:13 AM

Many have said as I feel, that when you're the best, the schedule seems easier. Uof5C is completely losing their minds about the ESecPN stories about S.O.S.

I am predicting Uof5C will be a 5 - 7 or 6 - 6 team this year and depending on injuries, 4 - 8 is not unrealistic.

What do you think the Tigers record would be playing the same regular season (12 game) schedule (home and away) as Uof5C? I would predict 12 - 0 at worse 11 - 1.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just Thinking About Strength of Schedule

Apr 19, 2019, 8:28 AM

It's not the fact that we are so good. Our schedule is just easy. Georgia Tech, UNC, and Louisville have horrible rosters and new coaches. Florida State has an awful coach. NC State lost a lot offensively. Wake Forest doesn't have talent. Boston College is good. Wofford and Charlotte. @ South Carolina is probably are 3rd toughest game, then @ Syracuse, then A&M. That's just an easy schedule. There are several teams that would win 10 games with our schedule. Our conference is just not tough, when it comes to football at least. There's nothing wrong with admitting that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2019, 9:13 AM

We can have a weak schedule and be very, very good at the same time. The two are not mutually exclusive.

¯\_(?)_/¯

Apr 19, 2019, 10:01 AM

That's exactly right. It's obvious that we were the best team last year, even though we played a relatively easy schedule. I imagine the same will be true this year as well. Our schedule is easy, but we are still the best team. It is what it is.

Tommy Bowden would struggle with that schedule.

Apr 19, 2019, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Just Thinking About Strength of Schedule ]

Just sayin

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2019, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Just Thinking About Strength of Schedule ]

There may be easy games in this schedule but if you don’t prepare for them in the right way there are a number of “easy”games that you will lose! Dabo knows this. It happens every year to many of the top teams in the country. If you think The GT game to begin the season will be easy I’m glad you aren’t playing! Dabo knows this!

Replies: 5
| visibility 967
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic