Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two Coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Two Coaches

Jan 9, 2019, 4:24 PM

Dabo and Nick, Both coaches have shown they are excellent football coaches and have imposing won/loss records to support that assessment. In addition, over the past 10 years most of the national championships trophies reside at the University of Alabama or Clemson University. Both have won the respect of players and fans. No moving vans have appeared in their driveway at the request of fans and their fans hope the coaches do not place an order for a moving van.

When viewed standing on the sidelines during a game we see two entirely different coaches. Nick most often appears to be in deep thought, never letting a smile interfere with his thought process. Seldom do we see another coach or player within an arm's length of Nick. Some have referred to this situation as showing respect. He is not a coach who shows a high level of emotion during a game, a trait some consider desirable and some consider undesirable. If there is a degree of emotion, it most likely will appear to be one of disgust.

Looking at the other sideline, we see just the opposite. Dabo is smiling, clapping his hands as a means of encouragement, chatting with his players and coaches and pacing the sidelines. But when there is a busted play or an official call not to his liking, we see an entirely different emotion, Dabo's emotions are best on exhibit when we score a touchdown, intercept a pass, recover a fumble or stop a potential touchdown drive. Running down the sideline wearing a broad smile to greet and commend a player or players as they come off the field.

Some pundits criticize Dabo for his sideline demeanor but we fans have come to accept it because that is Dabo being Dabo. In the waning moments of an obvious victory, players and coaches are hugging each other and there are some who have inferred this is not showing respect for the coach. What they fail to see is this is much more than respect, it is the mutual love between coaches and players that sets Clemson's program apart from most other programs. This is the family atmosphere that Dabo promotes and it is on public view for the entire world to see.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two Coaches

Jan 9, 2019, 8:54 PM

You've made great points. I could be imagining things due to sleep deprivation, but I think one of the talking heads on TV mentioned that the family atmosphere was one of the reasons, if not THE reason, Justyn Ross chose Clemson over Bama.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

it was joel klatt as mentioned by clemzn1981 below***

Jan 9, 2019, 9:38 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joel klatt I think made a good point ( maybe his first ever)

Jan 9, 2019, 8:58 PM

He called it
Factory vs Family.

Fits.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joel klatt I think made a good point ( maybe his first ever)

Jan 9, 2019, 11:37 PM

Funny. I don't watch him, so I'm not sure who the other person was who also made that point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Jan 9, 2019, 9:17 PM

I don't believe Nick will ever call a timeout for a group hug.

Jan 9, 2019, 9:21 PM

It’s one more reason why we love Dabo!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i regret that i have but one point for this gem of a post!***

Jan 9, 2019, 9:37 PM

Jan 9, 2019, 10:04 PM

You are spot on Joe......who would you rather play for.....,,appears to be very obvious to me...... and it ain’t Little Nick........Roll Tigers!!!!!

I was actually going to make a post about this very thing

Jan 9, 2019, 10:11 PM

I watched both of the radio broadcast replays on WatchESPN and each one had a perpetual camera on the coach.

Saban barely had any human contact throughout the entire game. It was like everybody knew not to come anywhere near him.

Dabo was constantly surrounded by coaches, sideline people, players etc.

Definitely two different styles

Enjoyed your observant well-stated take

Jan 9, 2019, 10:13 PM

I see the differences in their approaches to be generational as well as personal.

Both are one of a kind phenomena with their own styles -- both are top of their profession.

Saban is much closer to Coach Ford's style. Great post Joe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Age, upbringing and character are all working...

Jan 10, 2019, 12:43 AM

for Dabo and against Saban.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic