Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jimbo Fisher to UGA???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,959

Jimbo Fisher to UGA???

Nov 2, 2015, 10:19 PM

Monday, Nov 2, 2015 4:27 pm

Dan Wolken Tells Paul Finebaum He Thinks Jimbo Fisher Would Be interested In Georgia Job
Dan Lyons

Could Mark Richt’s tenure at Georgia be coming to an end? Talks about his status began to heat up with the Dawgs’ lopsided loss to Florida on Saturday, and now some influential people around the UGA program may want a change. It is very premature, but if Richt was shown the door, could UGA poach a big name like Florida State’s Jimbo Fisher? USA Today’s Dan Wolken thinks the 2013 national championship coach would listen:

That hypothetical decision would be a tough one for Fisher. On one hand, Florida State is in a great position in the ACC, has fantastic recruiting grounds, and he’s proven he can win in Tallahassee. On the other, Georgia has fantastic resources and strong recruiting itself, and Fisher has had to deal with a lot of issues at Florida State. Sports Illustrated college football writer Andy Staples thinks that Georgia is the best job in the sport. There’s a chance that the FSU job is wearing on him. It is very hard to know, but Wolken’s comment is something to think about.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see it happening but,

Nov 2, 2015, 10:26 PM

I am sure his agent appreciates this story getting out there. Time to renegotiate that contract.

UGA the best job in college football?

Nov 2, 2015, 10:32 PM

Wow, I don't see that, but maybe it is just be my orange colored glasses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA the best job in college football?

Nov 3, 2015, 5:44 AM

If UGA was the best job in college football (or even in the top 5), Mark Richt would have been fired years ago.

Seems like a lateral move***

Nov 3, 2015, 1:06 AM

lol yeah right***

Nov 3, 2015, 2:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever....

Nov 3, 2015, 2:13 AM

Not gonna happen , no way he wants in that blender division . As good as Georgia has been , and yes we all know they have been good. It's been 12 years I believe since a sec championship . That is a tough road . Jimbo knows for now it's us and them fighting this out for crowns. Not the case in the sec, that is a tougher road to get to the crown jewel. He stays right where he is collects a pay raise and continues on in tally.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best job in the country?

Nov 3, 2015, 4:45 AM

No, that would be Clemson's HCing job. Past that Jimbo would be a fool to leave FSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's SEC through and through ... I could see it.

Nov 3, 2015, 5:10 AM

He went to school in Alabama. Coached at LSU.

I could totally see it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

UGA y thinks that they have too much class and that he is

Nov 3, 2015, 5:27 AM

beneath them. *Plus he comes from the ACC, an inferior conference. *(sarcasm intended)

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,959
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic