Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jay Guillermo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Jay Guillermo

Jan 17, 2018, 9:37 PM

Jay Guillermo quoted in the article below discussing suicides amongst college athletes. Never knew exactly what he was going through but glad he got the help he needed.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22134423/police-interview-friends-washington-state-quarterback-tyler-hilinski-killed-himself

Former Clemson football player Jay Guillermo understands.

The starting center on college football's national runner-up in 2015 and the 2016 national champions stepped away from football during his sophomore year so he could be treated for depression. At his worst, he said he contemplated suicide but never attempted it.

"The struggle, at least I know for myself, was more admitting that I needed to talk to someone," he said in a telephone interview, noting the university and the coaching staff provided the support he needed. "Especially a male athlete, and a football player in such a physical rough sport, you never want to be the guy that's having to admit that something's wrong. You get that mindset of always pushing through. Nothing's wrong. I'm good to go. I think that's the toughest part. At least for me. Not that there wasn't any resources there, but reaching out to those resources."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jay Guillermo

Jan 17, 2018, 10:26 PM

https://content.iospress.com/articles/international-journal-of-risk-and-safety-in-medicine/jrs292

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

???***

Jan 18, 2018, 12:04 AM

Re: Jay Guillermo

Jan 17, 2018, 10:32 PM

I knew Jay was struggling, but this really brings to focus how hard it would be to actually seek help. I’m so glad that Jay was able to receive the help he needed, depression isn’t something that goes away

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic