Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jalyn Phillips
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 4,655

Jalyn Phillips

Jul 30, 2018, 2:18 PM

So I get the whole "your rating doesn't matter" argument and completely agree. But with Phillips the kid looks like he just has the "it" factor in his film and everyone sees it. He's got a crazy wingspan, runs around a 4.4 and has the height and weight to match a D1 receiver and already to be a CB for a D1 school. He has 59 total offers per 247. But he's sitting at a 3 star. Now when we first offered him he was lower rated and has gone up but not like Booth, does anyone know factors as to why Booth went from a 3 to 5 star and Phillips hasn't but has 20-30 more offers?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jalyn Phillips,has long offer list

Jul 30, 2018, 2:24 PM

By all reports, he'll be a Tiger on 8/20 and will be a Good One.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jalyn-Phillips-97341/RecruitInterests/

Re: Jalyn Phillips

Jul 30, 2018, 2:35 PM

FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT WHY THIS STAR STUFF BOTHERS YOU PEOPLE SO MUCH. WE EVALUATED HIM, LIKED HIM AND OFFERED HIM. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT. AND WHO IS TO SAY AFTER THE PLAYERS SEASON THEY DONT JUMP FROM 3 TO 4 OR EVEN 2 TO 4. PRETTY SURE OUR STAFF KNOWS HOW TO RECRUIT. BUT I GUESS THERE ARE SOME OF YOU THAT JUST HAVE TO BE WRINGING YOUR HANDS ON ANYTHING. IF IT WASNT SO SAD TO WATCH IT MIGHT ACTUALLY BE FUNNY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 2:48 PM

For the life of my I can't understand your inability to read and comprehend as in my first sentence I said I agree that your rating doesn't matter. But I asked for the factors that judged why Booth is a 5* and Jalyn a 3* and Jalyn is the exact same size and speed with 20 more offers thanks for your input that lacked any sort of insight. Please read, think, then respond accordingly next time if you have no insight or related response please go to the next topic.

Jul 30, 2018, 2:55 PM

HENCE I SAID YOU PEOPLE. WASNT SPEAKING TO YOU SPECIFICALLY. IF EVERYONE WAS JUDGED THE SAME BY EVERY SERVICE THERE WOULD BE NO DIFFERENCE IN RATINGS. PLUS EVERY SERVICE HAS AN AGENDA. HENCE I SAID JUST TRUST OUR COACHES WHO SEEM TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. WHEN HAVE WE EVER HAD A TOP 5 CLASS, YET WE HAVE BEEN TO THE PLAYOFFS FOR 3 STRAIGHT YEARS.

Jul 30, 2018, 3:12 PM

It seems we are on the rise. Seems this will be a top 5 class possibly. Anyway, to prove your point. I kind of forgot how we did. These are 247 rankings

2018 somewhat small class of 17 that was ranked 8th
2017 small class of 14 players was ranked 16th
2016 class of 21 players ranked 11th
2015 class of 26 players ranked 9th
2014 class of 20 players ranked 16th

2015 and 2016 were considerably higher on Rivals

Jul 30, 2018, 5:25 PM

We finished 4th and 6th those years, respectively. I don't know why 247 had us 5 spots lower each year.

I think we might finish top 10 this year, but not top 5. You only get points on Rivals for the top 20 commits and we already have 22. From this point on we can only improve by replacing a lower rated guy with a higher rated prospect. There are 8 teams right behind us that all have 15-18 commits plus PSU a little further down with just 13. Some of those teams are going to pass us.

I think to have any shot at top 5 we would have to hit on everyone from here on out. Even Crouch + Webb probably wouldn't be enough.

Re: 2015 and 2016 were considerably higher on Rivals

Jul 30, 2018, 7:36 PM

Not that it matters, but maybe some of our guys that we do have committed move up a little too.

Very true. A few certainly seem to have the potential

Jul 30, 2018, 8:29 PM

to jump from 3 stars to 4.

while i agree w/ the sentiment, that was noxious.***

Jul 30, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Jalyn Phillips ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

I think it's good from a PR / optics point of view

Jul 30, 2018, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Jalyn Phillips ]

We are going to sign the players are going to sign, but i would rather those players get rated highly so we can sign top 5-10 classes and get talked about. I really think it helps with brand exposure. We got a good bit of publicity last year (along with Georgia obviously) for signing all of those 5 star players.

YOU'RE THE FRICKIN' JOKE... GOT TO BE THE MOST OBNOXIOUS

Jul 30, 2018, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Jalyn Phillips ]

CONTRARIAN ON T-NET AND POSSIBLY THE ENTIRE INTERNET... SPEAKING OF SAD TO WATCH... AND NO, IT'S NOT FUNNY.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YOU'RE THE FRICKIN' JOKE... GOT TO BE THE MOST OBNOXIOUS

Jul 30, 2018, 9:41 PM

please, why all the yelling.

deroberts

Jul 30, 2018, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Jalyn Phillips ]

If everyone posted by your rules there would be no message board. Why don’t you take some time away and try getting laid sometime?

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: deroberts

Jul 30, 2018, 9:39 PM

got laid yesterday but thanks for your concern. i got no rules. i just try and point out stupidity when i see it. i have my opinion just like you do. and that is what a message board is for i thought. if you spend your day wringing your hands over what some idiot says on a recruiting service then so be it. maybe it is you that should talk to your boyfriend about getting laid.

Jul 31, 2018, 9:04 AM [ in reply to deroberts ]

He got laid yesterday by the guy in deliverance!

Ned Beaty look alike he is!
OH WAIT HAS TO BE IN AlL CAPS

Jul 31, 2018, 9:07 AM

got pictures of handsome men just laying around huh. can only imagine what you do to yourself looking at mens pictures.

Offers are self-reported.

Jul 30, 2018, 4:25 PM

Phillips probably just did a better job at keeping his 247 profile updated early on. Meanwhile, Booth knew he'd be going to an elite school from the start and likely didn't report smaller schools offering.

Stanford has offered - all I need to see - he'll be a fit

Jul 30, 2018, 7:47 PM

for CU -

Stanford - with a whopping 70 total offers for '19 - Zero QB offers - will only take kids with skills of the mind.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That low stat value is worthless when you see the offer list

Jul 30, 2018, 8:34 PM

50+ school, 3 of them are the last three National Champions. He is great, or there would not be that many offers.

Jul 30, 2018, 9:00 PM

I believe level and size of high school is taken into account on these scout sites. It’s all who and how your known. The nasty side of sports also filters into it sadly.

Replies: 20
| visibility 4,655
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic