Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heard a good joke I had not yet heard...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,203

Heard a good joke I had not yet heard...

Jul 7, 2019, 8:39 PM

...while at Dockside Seafood Restaurant on St. Helena Island out of Beaufort, SC this weekend. Ran into a good-natured Georgia fan and was getting ready to tell him of our old cheer when I was at Clemson (Class of '66) of (to the tune of Georgia, Georgia by Ray Charles),
"Georgia, Georgia, how'd 'ja like to kiss my ###", when he asked me, how are Clemson and the moon alike? Answer: Both control the tide"!

I liked it so much I didn't want to ruin the moment for him with the old cheer. Maybe another day....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heard a good joke I had not yet heard...

Jul 7, 2019, 8:47 PM

Good one. As a fellow member of Class of 66 I also remember every football game ended with "Cock-a-doodle-doo, Cock-a-doodle-doo Carolina gamecocks to hell with you"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2019, 10:48 AM

As another fellow member of the class of 1966 - I remember that cheer too - footballmanager !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

"Georgia, Georgia...Georgia won't you bit my ###?"

Jul 7, 2019, 9:22 PM

1981 version

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2019, 9:32 PM

I have been using that joke a lot lately. I heard it many years ago but at that time it was Auburn.

Jul 7, 2019, 11:04 PM

Oh man I love the Dockside.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The name of the song is "Georgia on my Mind", not Georgia, Georgia!

Jul 7, 2019, 11:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The name of the song is "Georgia on my Mind", not Georgia, Georgia!

Jul 7, 2019, 11:57 PM

....which is also one of the greatest songs ever written, produced and performed by an artist to ever sing and play an instrument at the same time - which includes a lot of artists. His fame notwithstanding, Ray Charles has only just begun to be appreciated.... Great post, love the moon and tide reference (it's not a joke!) and thanks - and of course,

Go Tigers!!!

You do know, the song was written by Hoagie Carmichael, right?

Jul 8, 2019, 12:13 AM

Way back in 1930! Although it will forever be linked to Ray Charles, and certainly his version is, by far, the best known.

Re: You do know, the song was written by Hoagie Carmichael, right?

Jul 8, 2019, 10:46 AM

Yes - longtallsam - enjoy Hoagy as Jonesy in the TV series Laramie with John Smith and Robert Fuller .-:)

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jul 8, 2019, 11:04 AM

Thanks for the good joke TigJam. Just told it to my dad and he cracked up.

Not being nit-picky on this just wanted to share for other tnetters..Dockside is actually on Lady's Island. Probably the best restaurant in the Beaufort area. I hardly ever go though because it's always so crowded.

Did the other Dockside closer to Parris Island

Jul 8, 2019, 11:42 AM

close? Always enjoyed going there too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did the other Dockside closer to Parris Island

Jul 8, 2019, 11:50 AM

The other Dockside burned, seems like about 4 years ago. Last time I checked it out, it hadn't been repaired.
And yes, current Dockside is on Lady's island and the wait can be bad if you're stuck outside in the humidity. We always try to go Early!

I've said this before on the board, how are the coots and the moon alike?

Jul 8, 2019, 11:50 AM

They are both as far away from the national championship.

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,203
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic