Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've heard a lot about how bad the Tigers played yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,368

I've heard a lot about how bad the Tigers played yesterday

Sep 24, 2017, 10:30 AM

but I have a different take. I didn't think our offensive play calling was not the same "attacking offense" that we've been accustomed to seeing under Dabo. The play calling was very conservative. Almost, playing not to lose instead of to win. It's possible, that some coaches took this game for granted. That could have been picked up on by players. Players are only executing the plays that are called for them. Prior to this game BC had an awful defense and nobody could be faulted for thinking we would role them easily. I do realize that we had some poor play. Particularly the OL, and I'm not sure why they had a bad day but this post is looking at play calling.

With all of that being said, the fourth quarter was amazing. The Tigers flipped the ###### of the first 3 quarters. The defense was awesome. Great to see Terrell get his first int. I'm sure he will have many more as a Tiger. Etienne might be the best Clemson running back since CJ Spiller. Feaster was impressive as well. They both need more playing time. Great job by the Tigers for standing tall when it mattered and getting another win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've heard a lot about how bad the Tigers played yesterday

Sep 24, 2017, 10:43 AM

The problem with your take, and it's only my opinion, is in your comment about some coaches
taking this game for granted.If that is the case they need to be held accountable because no opposing team should be taken for granted by any coach, or player.
Other than that, I think we see eye to eye.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may not be correct but taking it for granted is the only

Sep 24, 2017, 10:48 AM

reason that I can see for not attacking and keeping things so conservative. It's like they didn't see a need to be more aggressive.

Sep 24, 2017, 10:47 AM

I think because of the ND game , the coaches thought we could run early.
That would open up the screens and the edge.
Since that didn't work we had to wear them out which we did.
I believe our O will look much better vs VT .
The Coaches know it's going to be hard to run on the Hokies, so the game plan will be to use the middle of the field.

Sep 24, 2017, 10:51 AM

Maybe they're trying to fool Bud Foster. This game was not called the same as our previous games this year.

Sep 24, 2017, 10:56 AM

The tigers ran for 342 yards and got the win. Forget what Vegas and double-digit IQ gamecock fans say about the game. ??

Sep 24, 2017, 11:23 AM

I think what is more likely than coaches underestimating the opponent, is what ClemsonTiger1988 suggested in this post...

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=22205599#22205599

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:34 AM

Field position was to blame for much of the play calling. No excuses for the lack of execution

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Field position was bad all day but the first 15 plays are

Sep 24, 2017, 11:39 AM

scripted before the game and they weren't good either.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,368
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic