Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's the "threat" that ticked off many fans.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

It's the "threat" that ticked off many fans.

Nov 26, 2018, 8:25 AM

Dabo could've diffused the situation, but instead made it national news. Don't make a sweeping generalization of our fanbase and threaten to leave. Dabo you said it best long ago.....nobody is bigger than Clemson University and that includes you. Also, berating Christian Wilkins like a child, on the sidelines was uncalled for. Anyway, with all of that said, I thank you for all that you've done for Clemson and hope you retire here. I wouldn't trade you for anybody. You've always represented our university with class and continuously hit home runs with the media. You swung and missed on this one though....but you're human.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: It's the "threat" that ticked off many fans.

Nov 26, 2018, 8:41 AM

Well said. For all the people on here talking about how masterful it was, baloney. Not a good move or recruiting and not a good move for the 99.9% of fans that were not disgruntled. That said, people are blowing way out of proportion. You can just look at Dabo and see the season wearing on him.

Nov 26, 2018, 8:46 AM

well in my opinion our fan base has become a bunch of spoiled brats. You win any game by 21 points you should be ecstatic.Winning is not a privelege it is earned through hard work. Some people need to get a grip with reality and quit expecting every play and every game to be perfect.As far as Wilkins go he should have been chewed out for costing his team 15 yards. Any other player would have been chewed out as well.We have a great coaching staff and a great group of young men. Don't ruin by being a spoiled rotten fan after a WIN. The coaches have always corrected the issues that arise so let them do their jobs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the ENTIRE fanbase isn't happy with the win?

Nov 26, 2018, 8:52 AM

It's SCAR...of course we weren't happy not beating them 100-0 like we wanted. That's in a "fan's" nature, but to suggest we're not appreciative and unhappy, is melo-dramatic. And no, scolding Christian Wilikins like a 12 year-old child wasn't called for. He didn't do anything derogatory or try to show up the other team (I didn't think a flag should've been thrown). But that's my opinion.

null

Re: So the ENTIRE fanbase isn't happy with the win?

Nov 26, 2018, 9:04 AM

I agree there should have been no flag but there was so as a coach you have to get on your player. Unless you pull a Mark Richt and tell the whole team they had better get a penalty for celebrating! lol

I have no problem with Dabo getting onto CW. I just

Nov 26, 2018, 9:11 AM

think he went a little overboard.

null

Re: So the ENTIRE fanbase isn't happy with the win?

Nov 26, 2018, 9:16 AM [ in reply to So the ENTIRE fanbase isn't happy with the win? ]

You should know that especially being part of the Alabama-Auburn rivalry at one time. Of course fans want to beat the tar out of their arch rival and leave no doubt. I would say 56 points twice in 3 years is leaving no doubt.

hmm.. wonder if they would be less ticked if clemson

Nov 26, 2018, 8:49 AM

lost.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

When Dabo said "it may be time to look elsewhere",

Nov 26, 2018, 9:06 AM

I'm positive he meant cootish fans like Francis Marion® and GWPTiger® should find a different bandwagon to jump on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

FIFY

Nov 26, 2018, 9:14 AM

I'm positive he meant cootish fans like Francis Marion® and GWPTiger® and classof1994® should find a different bandwagon to jump on.

ywia

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 26, 2018, 10:37 AM

I agree with Dabo 100%.
Fans are spoiled !
As far as Christian Wilkins goes I did not think he should have been a penalty but it was and it was a costly penalty when the game was long from being over.
Christian is more or less the self proclaimed leader of the team on and Off the field and he should lead by example. I think Christian is a great player and i think he is a great leader. I also think Dabo knows when and where and how to run his team!

Nov 26, 2018, 11:06 AM

Dabo telling us what to say and think......nothing new here. We better bow to him or he will leave us....he reminds us of this every chance he gets.

Dont question BV and the records that got set vs his defense either. Dabo hired him and there will be no questioning of any decision he makes.

Nov 26, 2018, 11:16 AM

Photobucket

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic