Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Doubt we will get Walker. We have been striking out alot this summer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Doubt we will get Walker. We have been striking out alot this summer

Jul 23, 2018, 12:02 PM

With big name recruits. Losing them to Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama. I'm just wondering what they are selling that we aren't. Playing time maybe???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doubt we will get Walker. We have been striking out alot this summer

Jul 23, 2018, 12:04 PM

Cookout is this weekend. Just saying

Jul 23, 2018, 7:03 PM

I'm really hoping we can get Clay Webb and Booth. Those guys are high in skill as well as character I'm hearing. I'm just not hearing alot about the cookout guys. Maybe coaches are going to surprise who knows

Jul 23, 2018, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Doubt we will get Walker. We have been striking out alot this summer ]

I'm really hoping we can get Clay Webb and Booth. Those guys are high in skill as well as character I'm hearing. I'm just not hearing alot about the cookout guys. Maybe coaches are going to surprise who knows

They are probably selling them on the fact that Clemson didn't

Jul 23, 2018, 12:13 PM

recruit them, so come here instead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: They are probably selling them on the fact that Clemson didn't

Jul 23, 2018, 12:22 PM

Guy just asked a question about recruiting that is somewhat factual, and u get offended undoubtedly. Next time maybe he'll post a pic of a rainbow to brighten your day

Guy just gave an answer to the question about recruiting

Jul 23, 2018, 12:38 PM

that is somewhat factual, and u get offended undoubtedly. Next time maybe he'll post a pic of a bomb shelter to brighten your day

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

somewhat factual, that's all we can really hope for***

Jul 23, 2018, 7:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh dang, you really got FM that time! That's probably one of

Jul 23, 2018, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: They are probably selling them on the fact that Clemson didn't ]

the top 10 all time greatest burns in the history of the tnets. Well done!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Do we detect sarcasm???***

Jul 23, 2018, 1:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That question is asked multiple times each DAY. Gets old.***

Jul 23, 2018, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: They are probably selling them on the fact that Clemson didn't ]

Hate to burst your little coot bubble, but the only reasons

Jul 23, 2018, 12:19 PM

a recruit picks a school other than Clemson are:

1. The other school cheated and paid him money
2. The recruit was overrated and we didn't want him anyway
3. He wouldn't have gotten into Clemson
4. He is trouble and he did us a favor by not picking Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Hate to burst your little coot bubble, but the only reasons

Jul 23, 2018, 12:23 PM

+1 - that is a good one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Hate to burst your little coot bubble, but the only reasons ]

Don’t forget he was scared away by the talent already at his position

Jul 23, 2018, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Hate to burst your little coot bubble, but the only reasons ]

WOW!! All of those make sense. You're a lot smarter than I give you credit for!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 12:21 PM

Not sure what they're selling but sure wouldn't be playing time for DT. You would think the DT's would be lining up kinda knowing it's a good chance to get PT. This Walker fella is a good kid too. Would be a tremendous get to land him. Sure sounds like Coach Bates has worked him hard and I'm sure Dabo has too.

I know it came out of the blue with Walker saying he was going to announce this weekend but I had asked about the OL fella that we hope attends the AIC. But since he says he wants to make a decision before school starts, wouldn’t we try to bring him in on an official soon? I know Dabo waits until fall but knowing this info, would it be in our interest to try and get him on an official before he commits? tia

Message was edited by: kerigantoo®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 12:30 PM

Uga is not selling. They are buying. Everyone will see soon.

Re: Doubt we will get Walker. We have been striking out alot this summer***

Jul 23, 2018, 12:34 PM

Jul 23, 2018, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Doubt we will get Walker. We have been striking out alot this summer ]

Of course they are. Anytime a player elects to attend a school you don't think he should attend, that school is obviously cheating.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That isn't true at all

Jul 23, 2018, 12:41 PM

1. The other school cheated and paid him money
2. The recruit was overrated and Clemson didn't want him anyway
3. He wouldn't have gotten into Clemson
4. He is trouble and he did us a favor by not picking Clemson
5. Recruit is afraid to play with the big boys in the ACC.
6. REcruit is afraid of competion.

I don't want to have this conversation sgain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

It’s not that they pick UGA

Jul 23, 2018, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Doubt we will get Walker. We have been striking out alot this summer ]

It’s when recruits love everything about Clemson and just all of a sudden drop us when UGA is involved. I’ve never seen so many transportation issues and everyone of them signed w/UGA last year.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: It’s not that they pick UGA

Jul 23, 2018, 12:54 PM

Didn't UGA recently lose the number 1 QB prospect - a Georgia kid - to Clemson? I've been to Clemson. It's great environment but so is Athens. I just don't understand this inclination to attribute cheating to someone anytime a kid chooses someplace else. The Coots do it to Clemson constantly and it's pathetic.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 1:04 PM

I agree with you 100% I'm going to assume that fans from most teams do this as well. I get that cheating does take place in college sports, but I hate the attitude that anytime a player chooses to go elsewhere it's because that team is cheating. I love Dabo and our coaching staff, and I do believe they operate within the rules. However, it's ignorant to act as if they're the only hard working staff in college football, and just happen to be the only ones not cheating.

If I'm being honest and unbiased, Athens reminds me of

Jul 23, 2018, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s not that they pick UGA ]

feces.

Columbia reminds me of feces

Jul 23, 2018, 1:14 PM

Athens reminds me of feces with traditions.

Jul 23, 2018, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s not that they pick UGA ]

Just stating the obvious. It is weird when a kid who is coming to Clemson for a visit never makes it and soon after commits to Georgia. Maybe Kirby is just that good but I believe it stems from Kirby learning from Alabama/Nick Saban school of recruiting. It's one thing to recruit your tail off and get a kid but it's another when a kid wasn't considering Georgia or even had them on their short list and all of a sudden go to Georgia and leave committed. You can say what you want but there are people in the know that say Georgia is operating in the grey. But who cares, obviously the NCAA doesn't care so why should Kirby. Until the NCAA tries to clean college football up no need to change. Like Muschamp though, recruits are going to get wise to this signing 100 guys every 4 years and pushing guys that didn't pan out out the back door. Karma is a you know what, just ask Hugh Freeze. I tend to believe the good Lord above tends to weed out the bad characters though. Unfortunately for people that like a level playing field the SEC East is so bad that if Georgia doesn't win it for the foreseeable future then Kirby may go down as the most overrated coach.

Re: It’s not that they pick UGA - same as Bama

Jul 23, 2018, 2:32 PM

Kirby just tooks Saban's plan - he does the EXACT same thing

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s not that they pick UGA ]

TigerAidan said:

Just stating the obvious. It is weird when a kid who is coming to Clemson for a visit never makes it and soon after commits to Georgia. Maybe Kirby is just that good but I believe it stems from Kirby learning from Alabama/Nick Saban school of recruiting. It's one thing to recruit your tail off and get a kid but it's another when a kid wasn't considering Georgia or even had them on their short list and all of a sudden go to Georgia and leave committed. You can say what you want but there are people in the know that say Georgia is operating in the grey. But who cares, obviously the NCAA doesn't care so why should Kirby. Until the NCAA tries to clean college football up no need to change. Like Muschamp though, recruits are going to get wise to this signing 100 guys every 4 years and pushing guys that didn't pan out out the back door. Karma is a you know what, just ask Hugh Freeze. I tend to believe the good Lord above tends to weed out the bad characters though. Unfortunately for people that like a level playing field the SEC East is so bad that if Georgia doesn't win it for the foreseeable future then Kirby may go down as the most overrated coach.

No Georgia is operating within the rules....whatever they are. Did Nick Saban stretch the rules? Then I would imagine Kirby has learned a few tricks from the master and that's fine with me as long as he isn't crossing lines. Ever think that just maybe Dabo got out recruited? Most of these guys are Ga boys and Kirby is on em young. He has a statewide network peering into each and every county in the state. He knows who/where the talent is 5 years out. Heck, Kirby had a bigger recruiting budget than Saban. Coach Smart has flipped our roster to Bama status in just 3 classes. We say kirby never sleeps because that's how relentless he is in his job as HC and more especially in recruiting. Kirby's passion is unmatched. It will only get better down the road for Ga and I fully expect to be in the playoff discussion every year....and you should as well.

And I don't think Kirby will ever be considered overrated. Sure Florida and Tennessee, programs with tradition are down with both schools struggling to find the right coach but isn't the ACC down as well? Where's FSU been the last three years? After the Noles you tigers have a calk walk to the conference championship. Then there's the coastal with only Miami who could be considered playoff contenders. Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black don't cha think?

Jul 23, 2018, 7:40 PM

How many SEC 1st Team offensive players does thUGA have? Answer ZILCH!! Saw your QB that can't complete a pass past 20 yards made 3rd Team All SEC after media days

Kirvy's rolling?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2018, 8:38 AM

How many SEC 1st Team offensive players does thUGA have? Answer ZILCH!! Saw your QB that can't complete a pass past 20 yards made 3rd Team All SEC after media days

Kirvy's rolling?

Yeah, Jake Fromm is terrible. Says no one outside of you!

You do realize that our 2018 offense could include seven 5-Star players? Preseason teams mean squat.

Jul 23, 2018, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Doubt we will get Walker. We have been striking out alot this summer ]

deroberts said:

Uga is not selling. They are buying. Everyone will see soon.

You girls better up your game! LOL!

Y'all haven't won a national championship in the modern

Jul 23, 2018, 1:43 PM

era of college football, which began in 1981. We have won two of them, including most recently in 2016. We're not the ones who need to up our game.

Jul 23, 2018, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Doubt we will get Walker. We have been striking out alot this summer ]

I'm with you! There's alot of questions about this class compared to previous ones. If you ask me I think a head to head with Georgia will fix alot of our recruit battles. They are selling we are back and have been for years.

He’s a defensive tackle. We are known for putting defensive linemen in the pros. We shouldn’t struggle here.

He’s a defensive tackle. We are known for putting defensive linemen in the pros. We shouldn’t struggle here.

Jul 23, 2018, 12:44 PM

Why is Dabo so adamant about not allowing official visits in the spring? It’s hurting recruiting.

Jul 23, 2018, 12:57 PM

Dabo has no clue how to recruit

Coot Michael surely there is more to your goals in life than

Jul 23, 2018, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Doubt we will get Walker. We have been striking out alot this summer ]

making stupid comments on Tnet daily??? Hopefully???

Tigermaul = marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = tiger michael

Jul 23, 2018, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Doubt we will get Walker. We have been striking out alot this summer ]

we need him badly.***

Jul 23, 2018, 1:19 PM

I don't need him

Jul 23, 2018, 1:26 PM

Unless he knows how to paint...then I am desperate.

Does he know how to paint?

Here is a good article touching on Clemson Recruiting concerns:

Jul 23, 2018, 2:33 PM

Best Is The Standard

Jul 23, 2018, 7:00 PM

Probably the easy OOC SEC schedule.

Jul 23, 2018, 7:10 PM

Do they play anyone decent this year? I mean the rest of the sec is a joke outside of Alabama. Tennessee has no QB, neither does Kentucky, neither does Texas a&m, Florida definitely doesn't . Half if the teams are with new coaching changes. Arkansas and Florida for sure. USC probably had the easiest schedule of anyone .

Jul 23, 2018, 7:54 PM

Take a peek at JOEjuhs collasal schedule. Austin Peay, UMASS, Mid Tn St not to mention the loaded division of cupcakes with extra icing.

THUGA with a single loss will be TOAST. None of this SEC 2 team bs isn't happening again. They'll have to go undefeated to make the playoffs. Ain't happenin

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic