Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does the LLWS annoy anyone else
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Does the LLWS annoy anyone else

Aug 20, 2019, 4:44 PM

It’s on non stop. Also way to many kids crying and good sportsmanship crap. Also they aren’t that good

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is someone forcing you to watch it??***

Aug 20, 2019, 4:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Aug 20, 2019, 4:47 PM

They’re pretty good. It also comes at a perfect time of year... there’s nothing else going on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replays of college football games ...***

Aug 20, 2019, 4:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Is LLWS on the U too??!?

Aug 20, 2019, 4:53 PM

Also I’m pretty rich so I have DVR.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does the LLWS annoy anyone else

Aug 20, 2019, 4:49 PM

Yes. It annoys me.

It was on in a restaurant I was eating lunch at the other day so yes, in a way I was forced to watch it

Watch Home Shopping Network

Aug 20, 2019, 4:53 PM

Never ending awesomeness there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2019, 5:37 PM

No, not at all but then again my kid played in it so I guess it brings back memories. I can see how it does not matter to most folks but I can say it is an awsome experience for the kids. Lots of time and effort put in by these kids to play travel team ball, endless practices and win the tournaments to get Williamsport.

As far as being not that good you do get they are 11-12 years old right? They play pretty darn good for that age in my opinion. Pitching is the hardest part in getting them ready, lots of nerves in front of those crowds. We were lucky in that we had 3 throwing 68mph-72mph which equates to 89-95 mph in MLB. Still got their clocks cleaned by Japan and Carribean but they had a blast. Strike zones tightened up at the LLWS, they could flat out hit the fast stuff and were taught to lay off the breaking stuff.

Sit back and enjoy it, beats hollering at them to stay off the grass.

Aug 20, 2019, 9:17 PM

I with you on this one. I dont understand why they cant just put college football repeat games on like espnu does. Im sure it will get more views than these boring little league games

Aug 20, 2019, 9:30 PM

Can’t tell if you’re serious or not but if you’re serious you’re a dbag.

I’ll admit I cried several times 11-15 years old in baseball. I was a pitcher/ss, good enough to play for college; my father coached me since I was 4 years old. I can recall many a game where my coach left me in; I was getting hit right and left all over the place but he would not pull me. I remember throwing the strike outs with tears on face the most; maybe a handful without.

There’s a lot of pressure on these kids more than most could ever understand; crying is reaction when they don’t want to let all the people down(including themselves) that have sacrificed their time and effort into their daily passion. ESPN airing this is what’s awesome about little league; baseball is all about dreaming big.

Good for these kids caring enough to cry.

I thought yesterday was pretty entertaining...

Aug 20, 2019, 10:27 PM

~JKB

Re: They aren't that good?

Aug 21, 2019, 8:37 AM

I am guessing you have never gone to a local Rec league 12U baseball game? The kids playing on TV, that are annoying you, are really good. They make plays similar to what you would see in high school play. Yes, watching a game where Japan plays Taiwan, might not be of interest to you but to say they are "not very good"... Compared to what?

It's better than...

Aug 21, 2019, 8:44 AM

listening to you cry nonstop about it in your posts that aren't even that good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I DESPISE IT! It was OK back in the day when it was ONE game

Aug 21, 2019, 8:55 AM

on TV, the final. And it was always some kids from California vs. Taiwan and they'd always talk about how the kids from Taiwan were bigger because they hit puberty earlier but in reality they were all 20 years old and had lied on their applications in order to try to make it in the Bigs. That was OK.

Now they drag it out and include all that human interest crap that is always the same every year and no one cares about. Ugh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The man peeing on your lawn later today with the hawg will be me***

Aug 21, 2019, 9:38 AM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: The man peeing on your lawn later today with the hawg will be me***

Aug 21, 2019, 9:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 9:50 AM

Use to love it when my son played ball and he was that age. Don’t care for it too much now. It’s gotten ESPN is adding to much drama. All the back stories. Just show the game.

If I was that age I couldn’t imagine playing on TV and performing as well as these kids.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic