Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good story on Christian Wilkins and Clemson defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Good story on Christian Wilkins and Clemson defense

Jan 6, 2019, 11:32 AM

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25692248/clemson-christian-wilkins-clelin-ferrell-austin-bryant-growing-old-together

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's actually pretty sad.

Jan 6, 2019, 11:39 AM

It reminded me that this will be the last time these guys suit up for Clemson. Bitter sweet it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's actually pretty sad.

Jan 6, 2019, 11:55 AM

Yep I hate to see these guys and renfrow leave

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad, but "next man up". Can't wait to see who steps into

Jan 6, 2019, 12:49 PM

those big shoes. SOMEONE will, which is why we are where we are.

Bittersweet is how I see it. Not sad. TL stepped into the shoes of DW. The power rangers filled some pretty big shoes themselves, and someone will be up soon to match them.

This is a process, a lifestyle, and a culture that's going nowhere. Ben Boulware got it when he rattled off all the past shoes his NC team filled. And this team will lay the foundation for the next. You come to Clemson, you make your mark, and leave it just a little bit better place when you leave. Over time it makes Clemson THE top destination for recruits. Herbie gets this also. We're getting to where Alabama sits in a totally different way. Totally different approach. We are unique, and we offer something not even Alabama can offer. And it's paying dividends.

And Todd, we're just beginning to "cycle in". Actually, we're not even cycling really. When we cycle out, I guess that means we lose in the playoff game for the NC. I'll take that as cycling out any day. Eventually there won't even be a dropoff. It will be consistent, and based on intangibles no one else has or can offer.

Dabo can now point to what he's selling. You can actually SEE what he's selling when he sits down at that kitchen table with a recruit and his parents. Get on campus, and you can actually feel what he's selling. Everyone "gets it" now. In the past we had coaches who got it, sometimes. Players who got it, sometimes. But today, walkon's, scout team players, assistant coaches, and recruits and their parents are getting it too. It's what we all have gotten about Clemson for decades and decades. Dabo can just sell it better and is bringing the experience that is Clemson to everyone's eyes, and it's not just football, or the classroom. It's a culture, and a lifestyle.

So I'm not sad in the least. I wasn't sad my last day at Clemson. I was excited for what lays ahead. I was excited that I got to "live the dream", if for only four years. The power rangers came back for a reason. Our coaches have stayed for a reason. Top recruits nationwide are coming here for a reason.

Time to keep living the dream, starting tomorrow night.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regardless the emotion come around

Jan 6, 2019, 2:23 PM

Midnight tomorrow night, there will be a tear or two shed. There will be from me, I know that.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic