Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Steve Addazio 2016 Goes to help his friend Urban Meyer.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,911

Steve Addazio 2016 Goes to help his friend Urban Meyer.

Nov 5, 2018, 5:43 PM

Plan for us in the CFP Semifinal game. That year Dabo destroyed both BC and O310 st for a combined score of 87-10. Just because it didn't help Meyer doesn't excuse it.
Last year Clemson thumped ol BC 34-10. Letting Addazio know he still isn't in our league.And I'd like to think Dabo's paypack of sorts.

Regardless of all the hype and talk of "Trap Game" this is a Championship Game. A Dabo led Clemson team is going to take BC to the woodshed again Saturday night. Leaving Addazio with that dumb look on his face once more. I don't care if there is a lovefest for BC. Addazio burned that bridge in 2016.

GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Steve Addazio helped his friend Urban Meyer.

Nov 5, 2018, 5:50 PM

Wow! I didn't know that. Addazio has been one of the coaches in the ACC I respected the most! I guess if Addazio had done that(helped Meyer in previous years) for bowl prep; that's one thing. If he did it b/c he has "some sort of beef with Clemson/Dabo that's another"! Do you know if that's the case?
Where did you get that?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was one of those quick takes on ESPN in 2016

Nov 5, 2018, 6:20 PM

During the 2016 Fiesta Bowl Week preparation. I've never forgotten because at the time I was laughing. Thinking how was Addazio going to help Meyer? Turns out us Tigers got the last laugh indeed.

Re: Steve Addazio 2016 Goes to help his friend Urban Meyer.

Nov 5, 2018, 6:08 PM

The way we spanked 0310 state maybe the old BC coach lead him down the wrong path - he actually helped Dabo?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 6:46 PM

Born in Connecticut, same as Benedict Arnold, just sayin’.

Nov 5, 2018, 6:46 PM

lol I guess this fluff piece and planning didn't work out so hot.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18364065/ohio-state-buckeyes-urban-meyer-proves-superiority-postseason

Dabo and Meyer are close friends also.***

Nov 5, 2018, 6:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo and Meyer are close friends also. True

Nov 5, 2018, 7:24 PM

or we'd have won by more than 31-0

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 8:14 PM

As a BC fan, I agree, that wasn't a cool move by Addazio. He's not very popular among BC fans. But Dabo doing an onsides kick in 2016 when Clemson was blowing out BC wasn't cool either.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/clemson-attempts-onside-kick-up-35-3-in-the-third-quarter/vy7y73yjnzrl1kc7f1iw5evg8

Dabo wishes he was Urban's brother Oscar

Nov 5, 2018, 8:19 PM

because then everyone would be in love with him

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo and Meyer are close friends also. True ]

I can see how that might raise the ire of the BC faithful as I wouldn't like it either. No excuses here but I certainly see Dabo coaching for 4 quarters more and more now and using tons of players. I think the beast of college football requires it now to be at the top. For years we never put our foot on the throat when up and it cost us sometimes.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its a cool story, but why take offense? I would hope Chad

Nov 5, 2018, 8:26 PM

Morris helped Dabo with any insight he may have if we were playing an SEC W team. Who cares? Nothing wrong with coaches helping one another.

null

Agreed. Plus I kinda like addazio

Nov 5, 2018, 8:32 PM

Seems to have a serious fire about him and he’s done well at a difficult place to win

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Steve Addazio and Urban Meyer planned many games

Nov 5, 2018, 8:30 PM

together at UF.

^^^This^^^

Nov 5, 2018, 8:41 PM

Addazio worked for Meyer at Florida and this appears to me to be a case of helping out an old boss - maybe Addazio felt he owed Meyer something (coaching job/break?) or didn't feel like he could turn him down.

I can give Addazio a pass on this as a one time deal (should not ever do it again) but still don't think it was a good move to help another coach in another conference gameplan against a team in your own conference. At the end of the day - the further Clemson went in the CFP the more money would be coming into the ACC and by distribution to Boston College. Not a smart thing to help defeat your own conference champ to lesson your conference revenue cut of the pie...

If you watched the coaches broadcast of our 2016 National Championship win, Addazio and Babers were two of the coolest cats in the room and seemed to be genuinely happy for Clemson and Dabo winning the whole thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

championship phase baby, we will play sharp and score a

Nov 5, 2018, 8:38 PM

Lot more than 35 this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 8:44 PM

If Addazio did actually confer with Meyer, his advice apparently had no effect on the outcome of the game unless he gave instructions to the field goal kicker how to miss one wide right and the other wide left.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,911
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic