Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any info on Mobile/ Orange Beach , Al?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 360

Any info on Mobile/ Orange Beach , Al?

Jun 13, 2019, 6:22 PM

where to stay, eat, visit? May be there in mid July. Dont really know the area but scouting it in case we ever play South Alabama in football I guess. Go Tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear the Circle K has good hot dogs.

Jun 13, 2019, 6:26 PM

Motel 6 has great rates, and you can visit the crochet museum on every other Friday when it's open.

#lungeadvice

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

Jun 13, 2019, 8:23 PM

And I thought the Jounge was more of a HoJo group. Learned something new today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

I went to a Panic show there about 15 years ago.

Jun 13, 2019, 6:43 PM

Met some Bama girls at the Tennessee shows beforehand and they got me tickets and let me stay w them. Good times.

As far as places to eat and such, I remember they had some decent seafood places on the beach. But names I do not know.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flora-bama!

Jun 13, 2019, 6:48 PM

yeah cmon!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did they end up rebuilding it after Ivan?***

Jun 13, 2019, 10:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m heading to Orange Beach the week of the 4th.

Jun 13, 2019, 8:21 PM

I’ll try to remember to report back with any details that may or may not be necessary. Check out the VRBO’s in the area. There’s some really nice ones down that way. Tmale me & I’ll send you the link to the one were renting if you like.

And I’ll do my best Bengaline impersonation to share some 8 bit pics with everyone.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Re: Any info on Mobile/ Orange Beach , Al?

Jun 14, 2019, 9:05 AM

If you can pick between the two, I would stay in Orange Beach unless you are working in Mobile. Although they look close to one another, they are easily an hour drive apart and the traffic can be bad in the summer.

Mobile has some good restaurants (Dumbwaiter, Chuck's Fish, OK Bicycle Shop) but there isn't much to do there. The Battlehouse hotel is pretty cool.

Orange Beach has a very nice beach, though there are a lot of high rises. I prefer the Gulf to the Atlantic. You've got Flora-Bama, The Gulf (outdoor food venue) and the Hangout in Gulf Shores. Fisher's Upstairs is supposed to be one of the best restaurants in the state, but I've never been. For activities, it has about what you would expect in a beach town.

Anything in particular you are looking for?

It's a bit of a drive, but I would suggest

Jun 14, 2019, 9:08 AM

Lee's Inlet Kitchen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 8
| visibility 360
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic