Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WRU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,417

WRU

Jul 23, 2019, 9:40 AM

We aren't even included in the top 10.. but are the first thing they mention in the article. I honestly think they forgot when they went to make the list. Really can't be another reason why.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27207990/position-u-which-schools-produce-most-talent-position#WR

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WRU

Jul 23, 2019, 9:46 AM

It's BCS era but still stupid. We had 3 first round WRs from the BCS era and one more during the CFP era.

USC only had 3 first arounds for the BCS era as well but 17 picks to our 13. Still we should be at least top 4, I mean Okie State is top 5? Really? Blackmon and Dez Bryant? Sammy has had a better career than Blackmon, Nuk is better than Bryant by a lot. Adam Humphries has been great, Jaron Brown as well, I mean we have had some great receivers playing and still playing! USC has had maybe more playing at a higher rate than ours but the rest? Nah

Jul 23, 2019, 9:57 AM

They went all the way back to the beginning of the BCS era. Our run as WRU pretty much begins with Dabo.

We had very little representation on All-conference teams and in the NFL for over a decade, so we basically spotted Southern Cal and Ok St 12-13 years before we got serious about throwing the ball.

Jul 23, 2019, 10:01 AM

We had Rod Gardner a first round pick in the early part of the BCS. Had others drafted and yes we didn't have a ton drafted until Dabo but Dabo still coached more than half his career in the BCS era so it should still count. Hell look at DLU and they counted our power rangers.

NCState didn't make QBU and they probably should have.

Jul 23, 2019, 10:26 AM

This is as screwed up as most of ESPiN's statistical polls. We aren't in the top 10 for WR schools? I can't stand the ankle biters just South of us but I would have thought that they would fall in the top 10 for RB's. As another poster mentioned NC State has done well at QB, as has Texas Tech. To me, it's another case of spinning things to fit the narrative that they want.

It's ESecPN, what did you expect...oops, it got deleted***

Jul 23, 2019, 10:39 AM

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,417
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic