Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It wasn't long ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 921

It wasn't long ago

Apr 19, 2019, 9:16 AM

that this board was full of posts decrying the OSUs and Oregons for being highly ranked in spite of their "weak" schedules. Now that people are doing the same thing to us, everybody is whining. Here's the reality:

1-Our schedule IS weak, but one of the reasons is that we're blowing average teams out of the water instead of just getting by them. So when people look at Clemson vs WF now, they don't see a game that Clemson could struggle with like they regularly did a few years back, they see an automatic win, and classify that opponent as "weak."

2-Media personalities need something to talk about that appeals to the most people possible. As evidenced by my initial point, those who aren't at the top need some sort of reasoning to rail against those who are. In lieu of actually playing and beating that top team, they can sit back in their recliners and scream about "weak schedules" and tell themselves that that's the only reason their team isn't currently occupying the top spot.

3-Winning playoff games by 3+ scores renders any "weak schedule" argument completely meaningless.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It wasn't long ago

Apr 19, 2019, 9:23 AM

Do you feel better now that you got that off your chest ??

Now, enjoy Good Friday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2019, 9:58 AM

The crying about OSU and or Oregon's schedule and ranking as you say, at that time were they winning or playing for NC and winning them 50% of the time as we have done?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2019, 10:23 AM

That's exactly my point. Our playoff record speaks for itself. That's not going to stop the analysts from talking about it. Facts never stop them from spouting off. It's been that way since sports media was invented. The recent spin, because some of the teams with "weak schedules" have ended up winning it all, has been to suggest that playing an easy schedule makes it easier for you to win games against good teams because of some sort of unquantifiable fatigue factor which is the epitome of reaching. My point was that acknowledging all of this stuff and complaining about it is pointless. Just point to the trophy cabinet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 921
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic