Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It is not acceptable to bring food from restaurant A into
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

It is not acceptable to bring food from restaurant A into

May 21, 2016, 12:45 PM

restaurant B to eat.

Thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: It is not acceptable to bring food from restaurant A into***

May 21, 2016, 1:07 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if the rest of the party orders food from Restaurant B?***

May 21, 2016, 1:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

No.

May 21, 2016, 3:39 PM

When you purchase food from a restaurant you are also renting a seat from which to eat it. If you did not rent the spot you are eating in, you are trespassing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: No.

May 21, 2016, 3:54 PM

same goes for entering a stranger's home and sleeping at the foot of their bed.

Negative...a private business has the right to not serve

May 21, 2016, 4:10 PM

But it is not illegal. The only other legal option is a restaurant can require food service rules to apply if they want to try the regulate. This is just testing for foreign contamination and such.

Trespassing is illegal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Negative...a private business has the right to not serve

May 21, 2016, 7:45 PM

obviously you have never woken up under the stage of a chuck E cheese with a shot gun pressed into your mouf.

I have...

May 21, 2016, 8:32 PM

But only twice.

Re: I have...

May 22, 2016, 1:30 PM

I know right? That ####### mouse and his hound dog friend with the sawed off haunt my nightmares to this day.

what restaurant do you own? How do you handle allergies?***

May 21, 2016, 4:02 PM [ in reply to No. ]

If someone has a seafood allergy then they should not go to

May 21, 2016, 4:21 PM

a seafood restaurant. If they decide to go anyway, but bring their own food, they are being shellfish.

my son is deathly allergic to peanuts and

May 21, 2016, 4:43 PM

EVERY restaurant I have taken him to that cannot guarantee their food to be contaminant free has offered to allow us to being outside food.

I can assure you that no restaurant wants a reputation of not being tolerant of this when there are deathly consequences.

Let me know which restaurant you own or are a busboy at and we won't bother you...

I hate when I let people merge in traffic and they don't wave.

May 21, 2016, 5:26 PM

But I never get upset when an ambulance driver doesn't wave, because that is an extreme situation.

If you are trying to compare someone who is bringing Wendy's to chick fil a because they didn't feel like chicken, to someone with a deathly allergy, then thank you for not bothering me because you obviously don't get it.

I'm easy going, but I don't appreciate people using off point or extreme examples to try and make others feel guilty. This was a thread about manners, not a personal attack on your family. Save the guilt trip for someone else.

PS: Sorry about your son, and I'm being serious about that.

Re: what restaurant do you own? How do you handle allergies?***

May 21, 2016, 9:36 PM [ in reply to what restaurant do you own? How do you handle allergies?*** ]

I have with permission. I'm allergic (anaphylaxis) to msg. Several restaurants would rather me bring something from another restarting than have me chance their menu where cross contamination may have occurred. Perkins is one

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Did you

May 21, 2016, 5:06 PM [ in reply to No. ]

Get a bad top or something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you

May 21, 2016, 5:18 PM

Tip fukin tip. Not top.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazing that this even has to be said.***

May 21, 2016, 1:36 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

^^^This^^^^***

May 21, 2016, 5:20 PM

it is acceptable... If a guest has a food allergy and Rest B cannot serve without

May 21, 2016, 3:48 PM

Guarantee , but t is perfectly acceptable.

No.***

May 21, 2016, 3:51 PM

used to do it all the time

May 21, 2016, 3:55 PM

when travelling with the HS baseball/basketball team, nobody ever wanted to eat the same thing, so we'd stop somewhere that there were 2-3 restaurants next to each other and go to whichever one we wanted. Some folks would inevitably get Arby's (example) and bring it over to the Wendys to sit with their "clique".

I don't recall anybody saying anything ever. Who really cares that much? All the places got slammed when a bus pulled up, so they appreciated the dispersal.

we did too plus we still since we have three

May 22, 2016, 2:23 PM

Kids and they one might want her Mac and cheese from somewhere else. At most restaurants as long as it isn't half the party it even a vast majority nothing is said. If it is I just tell the waitstaff we are purchasing dessert as well and buying her drink here and it's all good but it's rarely an issue at all.

Re: It is not acceptable to bring food from restaurant A into

May 21, 2016, 4:12 PM

The really bad thing is - getting refills at B after ordering from A. Also, all condiments.

I have no problem with one member of the group getting from A and bringing to B as long as we also buy from B. If you have a family, that scenario is going to happen more times than you can count.

What's the ruling on stopping to use restroom facilities but not making a purchase. Are you renting the urinals? And what if those restrooms are LGBT approved? Do you have to use them if you make a purchase? Can you punch someone in the face and kick them in the nuts if they try to go in the restroom with your wife or daughter?

May 21, 2016, 5:04 PM

WTH prompted this? Did I miss something?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I agree, but I think context matters.

May 21, 2016, 5:46 PM

If it's a nice restaurant with a server, then it's completely unacceptable.

If it's a fast food restaurant and something from another fast food restaurant is brought in for a child/picky eater to have while others in the group are eating from the current restaurant, it's not really a big deal in my opinion.

I guess I just don't have much of an expectation for fast food restaurants. They have low quality food and low quality service, so it's not as big of a deal.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I agree, but I think context matters.

May 21, 2016, 6:11 PM

> If it's a nice restaurant with a server, then it's
> completely unacceptable.
>
> If it's a fast food restaurant and something from
> another fast food restaurant is brought in for a
> child/picky eater to have while others in the group
> are eating from the current restaurant, it's not
> really a big deal in my opinion.
>
> I guess I just don't have much of an expectation for
> fast food restaurants. They have low quality food and
> low quality service, so it's not as big of a deal.

Chick-fil-A says "Hi"! ??

May 21, 2016, 6:43 PM

My family has eaten Thai food and have brought something else for the two young kids to eat. We get drinks for them at the Thai resturant. Do you think it is wrong? We would never be able to go to Thai as a family if we did not do this. We did ask first before we came and they said it was fine.

May 21, 2016, 8:27 PM

You got permission, and that shows respect.

May 21, 2016, 6:52 PM

I think it depends on if it's a national chain of restaurants or locally owned. People that work at Wendy's or Burger King or etc probably wouldn't care but a locally owned restaurant would probably care a lot more. If I owned a restaurant and you brought in another restaurants food I wouldn't like it. But if I worked at at nationally owned restaurant, I probably wouldn't care.

What a funny conversation.

May 21, 2016, 10:52 PM

I served/ bartended for a decade. It never bothered me.

I have a daughter who has food allergies. We don't go to restaurants during busy rush times, and typically there are many open seats. We used to take stuff for her all the time. We tip well, are polite, and go on our way. Never had an issue. To be fair, we usually just brought something from home, not another restaurant, but sometimes would have to buy food somewhere else if were traveling.

Is it worth losing the business from my wife and me over food for my daughter?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I used to think anyone claiming to have a food allergy was faking...

May 21, 2016, 11:12 PM

I thought that was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard. Then I developed severe allergy to shellfish. I'm talking anaphylaxis. It looks like milk coming out of my eyes, my throat swells up, I break out into hives and my face itches. God taught me a lesson! I avoid seafood restaurants altogether (sucks for my wife, especially at the beach). I can recall once bringing my own food to a business lunch that was held at a seafood restaurant. I had a mild reaction just from breathing it in the air.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

A past facility manager of Greenville City, I won't mention.

May 22, 2016, 11:42 AM

Joe Weber's name for fear of embarrassing him, that I often 'took,' to lunch would always remind the server that he was allergic to microwaved food.

The idiot was complaining about the smell of the surfactant we used to make the asbestos absorb water and lay on the floor instead of getting airborne. I brought a paper cup of the liquid, which was only soap, to a meeting with the him, the city manager, purchasing agent, my subcontractors and a few other officials and sat it upon the table.

He brought up the smell and horrible headaches he had twice during the meeting without me saying a word. Just before the meeting ajourned I passed the cup around after taking a whiff by sticking my nose in it.

Everyone else followed my lead including ole Joe. When it returned to my hand I spoke slowly and politely and asked if Joe had a headache to which he replied 'No, not right now.' I said, 'In this cup is pure surfactant. It came from the bucket we have been using this week on the fifth floor.' Joe's office was on the fourth floor.

'I continued by saying that I felt it safe enough to drink for it,' as I had explained to everyone in this meeting since the onset of the project, 'is nothing but high detergent soap. It might give you an upset stomach and send you running to the bathroom but it won't give you a headache as we've all seen.'

Joe shut the flock up and didn't complain about headaches unless someone popped popcorn in the microwave on the third floor.

Me, I'm sure I'm allergic to lead, especially if it's shot from a gun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what happens to me....

May 23, 2016, 12:00 AM

Only difference is that my eyes and ears don't swell. My lips have swollen though. When mucus pours out of my eyes it looks like milk. I've never had headaches though. Never complained. Never missed a day of work due to the allergy. My co-workers know because when somebody brings in a cheese dip or something I make sure it's not crab dip. but my bosses do not know.

http://youtu.be/SdDPoFcBZEY

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

What type of savage would do such a thing. Literally only

May 21, 2016, 11:25 PM

time it should even be considered is when there are children under 4 who won't eat anything on the menu.

children under 4 will eat most anything

May 23, 2016, 6:41 AM

unless if they complain and immediately get their way

I like a Mcflury with my Whopper.

May 22, 2016, 12:02 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

if you are the owner of restaurant A... it's free

May 22, 2016, 12:16 AM

advertising

May 22, 2016, 3:35 AM
image.jpeg(136.4 K)

I think it's less about that etiquette,

May 22, 2016, 10:02 AM

and more about feeling taken advantage of. I own a drycleaners, and I occasionally get customers that will just drive you nuts. We try to accommodate people, and customer service is everything in my business. But there are always those customers that try to take advantage of everything. They try to convince part time employees to give them free hangers when they pick up a $3 shirt, swipe handfuls safety pins, bring back worn garments and want them redone for no charge.

Just reading between the lines, it's sounds like you have patrons taking advantage of your resources. I've had it, and I have recommended they find another drycleaner, that they wouldn't be happy with our services. It's rare, but it happens. But I do deal with it case by case, because some people so have unique needs and reputation is everything.

I hate you're going through that, because the frustration is real. Just don't let it ruin the fun for good, honest customers with kids or other unique needs.

I do not own a restaurant, nor do I work in one.

May 22, 2016, 10:24 AM

Mine was an observation made yesterday that had nothing to do with a special situation or need. You are absolutely correct, I'm sure I would feel taken advantage of if I did own the restaurant, but I think etiquette plays a role as well.

+1, good post.

Over four decades I had two customers who were...

May 22, 2016, 11:53 AM [ in reply to I think it's less about that etiquette, ]

not 'satisfied.' Neither wanted to pay after I'd finished the work on their homes. They picked, I touched up, they drew circles on the walls while holding 300 watt lights against the walls. I insisted they didn't pay for level five finishes and showed them the USG handbook and explained that unless they had 300 watt lamps which lacked shades they wouldn't have to write me a change order for a level five finish.

Some folks are just too stupid to know a fair deal when they get it. Others are greedy and deceptive. I never dealt twice with either. I always priced each job separately so when one of those stupid or greedy folks called me I could say no with a number.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what does this have to do with football? Why post it on fb

May 22, 2016, 11:25 AM

Board?

Who would do that?

May 22, 2016, 11:26 AM

I've taken a sandwich from home to a few quick meal joints and bought a coke so I could stay with a crew but dang.

next you'll tell me that tipping 15% plus is a requirement?

May 22, 2016, 11:31 AM

i don't think so, scooter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tipping less than 15%? Your table is ready...

May 22, 2016, 11:42 AM

How much is 15% of nothing?

May 22, 2016, 11:57 AM [ in reply to next you'll tell me that tipping 15% plus is a requirement? ]

Sorry, dsp. I couldn't resist. I'd never carry food in a place that served food other than a fast food joint. I've taken sandwiches from home due to my strict cholesterol limit and bought a coke. Never had even the first inquisitive look.

couldn't resist what exactly?

May 22, 2016, 12:04 PM

or do you come here for help with your maffs?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: couldn't resist what exactly?

May 22, 2016, 1:33 PM

what wood you know about maffs?, liberal arts pansy. :)

Unless something is awful....

May 23, 2016, 6:17 AM [ in reply to next you'll tell me that tipping 15% plus is a requirement? ]

with the service, people should never tip less than 15% unless there is an extreme reason. You shouldn't even eat out if you are that cheap or can't afford it. I agree though that if the service is just terrible, than I can see why some people tip less. I haven't tipped under 20% at anytime over the last 20 years though, aside from 1 time. I gave 0. The bartender was on her cell phone for 15 minutes while I was trying to get a check to head to a meeting. Other than that I would say I tip around 25%. I worked at a restaurant when I was young and I have the money now, so I don't mind giving the extra few dollars.

good for you, that's fantastic. me, i'm going to keep on...

May 23, 2016, 10:06 AM

having fun.

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ

the scooter quote is straight up ron white.

[note: the old guy[joe] paying the bill is a tierney. he used to hang out in montclair at the family bar, tierney's[go figure]; interesting "good fellow" to say the least]

What does that mean? **

May 24, 2016, 7:46 PM

nm

Re: What does that mean? **

May 24, 2016, 8:25 PM

good for you, that's fantastic?

it means good for you that you feel strongly about tipping even up to 25%, i think that it's fantastic you feel as you do and act on it. i'm sure there's a list of restaurants and their servers that are happy when you walk in the door, so you got that going for you, which is nice.

mine op was a play on the reservoir dogs opening scene and steve buscemi's speech. i don't have a dog in fm's fight, although i understand the angst in the situation, but since it was restaurant related i thought i'd offer the tangent i did. if you haven't seen reservoir dogs, it's a really good cast, early tarantino. i supplied the video of the scene for reference.

for those that sprechen sie reservoir dogs, they might have gotten a kick out of it and the buscemi gif. if you don't sprechen sie, that's ok too, i'm not here for you - nothing personal in that, i'm here to have fun and not everyone is always going to get that or what is offered. i enjoy painting the lines so to speak.

the 2nd quote, i don't think so, scooter is scrate up ron white, from the "they call me tater salad" routine.

here it be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neUaSTSKFZc&nohtml5=False

haoaoth

I'm genuinely surprised that this post still has legs.

May 24, 2016, 8:54 PM

Days and days and days and days.

DT is hard.

FWIW - I don't bring food from A into B. But when I had infants, I did bring breast milk in, as it was all the babes ate for a while. It's not on the menu at any restaurant I've been to. Or, to which I've been. Whatever suits.

Thank you.***

May 24, 2016, 9:07 PM

Re: Thank you.***

May 24, 2016, 9:39 PM

You're welcome. But ... are you thanking me for pointing out how shocking it is that this post is still alive, proving that DT is really fascinating, or for bringing breast milk into restaurants?

Re: Thank you.***

May 26, 2016, 12:16 AM

the 2nd juan

What does that mean?***

May 24, 2016, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: What does that mean? ** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

haha...

May 24, 2016, 9:13 PM

idgit.

If something is awful enough to cut a tip from 15%

May 23, 2016, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Unless something is awful.... ]

You can ### well bet the server will know before they bring the check. If it's bad enough to be 0% I'll involve a manager.

It confuses servers if you don't tip fairly without lodging some complaint. Let the know what they are doing wrong. If you have special request make it clear.

When I was a kid...

May 23, 2016, 6:08 AM

I used to eat my sandwich at restaurant A, but would bring a milkshake in from restaurant B into restaurant A with me. Restaurant A didn't serve milkshakes.

LoL, you ate at MACS!***

May 24, 2016, 8:08 PM

Stomp, throw a tantrum like 2-year old

May 23, 2016, 5:31 PM

You know you want to.

Over-emotionalize it by rolling on the floor, kicking. Until you get your way. Kinda like you RAGS do, with Crump.

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

^^Crump, if you don't TU me, for this yourself

May 23, 2016, 5:36 PM

at least, write a macro to auto-omit each TD that will come surely, from each one of The Reach Around Gand Members.

I promise, they have already, auto-alerted one another.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic