Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do y’all think we were too quick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Do y’all think we were too quick

Jan 9, 2019, 10:12 PM

To extend Brad? With the talent and veterans he’s got this year you would think he would be able to have a similar year to last year, but it’s looking like it could be a long year. Still have the jury out personally on if he’s the right choice for us as a coach.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn’t really matter no one at Clemson

Jan 9, 2019, 10:15 PM

Cares about basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then why did we spend all that money....

Jan 9, 2019, 10:18 PM

On renovations? The Natty did probably buy Brad 3 or 4 more years if he doesn't win any. It's sad we might have to go through that.

Re: Then why did we spend all that money....

Jan 9, 2019, 10:25 PM

Probably because it was an embarrassing dump.

They needed the tax shelter

Jan 9, 2019, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Then why did we spend all that money.... ]

With all the money flowing into Clemson because of the Football Program, the needed to spend it or give it back in taxes. Little John looked like an old High School gym, so they spruced it up. It was like a chicken coop next to a Mansion (Death Valley). Typical S. Carolina zoning ... does S. Carolina have "zoning" ?

Message was edited by: OhWiseOne®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It doesn’t really matter no one at Clemson

Jan 9, 2019, 10:22 PM [ in reply to It doesn’t really matter no one at Clemson ]

Maybe not you but there are a lot that do care and are not just about one sport and that is it

Re: It doesn’t really matter no one at Clemson

Jan 9, 2019, 10:31 PM

The support says otherwise and it’s the reason Barns and OP left. Also please don’t give the bs that we supported the program under Barns, I sat in LJ plenty of times with less than 1K.

I agree...

Jan 9, 2019, 10:22 PM

What is the buyout on the new contract? I would have just gave Brad a marginal contract extension and say we want to see some consistency this next season before we give a big extension...

Re: I agree...

Jan 9, 2019, 11:46 PM

Let CBB do his job and understand DRad knows football reigns. Brownell likely isn’t expected to become Duke, UNC or UVA. so I’ve learned to lower expectations a bit and enjoy what we accomplish.

Amanda Butler may turn out to be a great hire, but she tenure is just starting. CBB has through the next two/three seasons to recruit and coach or else DRad needs to consider other options. I am taking a cautious attitude mainly because LJC is only now benefiting recruiting in both programs.

Go Tigers ??!!

NO! I support Brad Brownell. The season is early.***

Jan 9, 2019, 11:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do y’all think we were too quick

Jan 9, 2019, 11:59 PM

You mean Brad Bowden....Brad B..O..W..D..E..N?

Re: Do y’all think we were too quick

Jan 10, 2019, 12:57 AM

Yes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemmer.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, let's consider the backlash if we hadn't extended him.

Jan 10, 2019, 8:06 PM

We would've been telling the world that we really don't care about basketball, if we aren't willing to shell out the cash to reward a coach for our best season in 20 years.

We would've risked losing the coach who led us to a great season.

We would've lost recruiting momentum, especially since it would've meant that Brad had only a few years left on his contract.

I don't think risking all of those things would've been worth it. Only time will tell if it will pay off or not, but why would any top coach (or even an up and coming coach) come to Clemson, with the message being that even a Sweet 16 appearance isn't good enough for us to even devote the crumbs leftover from football to the basketball program?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

TB2***

Jan 10, 2019, 8:14 PM

"Good is the standard".. unlike football

Jan 10, 2019, 9:45 PM

DRad has no intention nor expectation of competing with Duke or UNC in basketball on a program basis. Just not gonna happen.

CBB'S job description is to run a respectable program, graduate players and occasionally reach the NCAA tournament. That is all the trustees require in basketball and for that matter, baseball. Very very few schools are elite in more than one sport. Florida occasionally is, but that's about it.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic