Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’ve been thinking for a while....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,126

I’ve been thinking for a while....

May 7, 2019, 5:54 PM

If the fortunes were reversed between us and the coots, how would I handle it? I reflect back to the “5-peat” era living here in cootlumbia, their golden age of football greatness and I was miserable. While miserable, I swear I never claimed they were cheating (until the Whitney incident) and just chalked it up to the Spurrier effect. Despite their success, I didn’t feel we were terrible but they just had our number. They can’t even accept where their program is for the sheer jealous hatred of our program. I never hated them for their success, just the fact that they were our rivals. Living here, I see and hear their total obsession with our certain fall from grace. They don’t care about the success of their own program but rather the failure of ours. This IDIOT Steve Smith and his comments thankfully have had zero effect and the osterine story is going to take care of itself. After these two issues are no longer viable excuses for our success what then? They will be left with the cold hard fact....their program is stuck and going nowhere. If they had any sense at all they would turn all of this negative energy expended against us to positive energy for their program and then maybe they might get better. Just throwing that out there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would be bad.

May 7, 2019, 5:55 PM

Luckily we'll NEVER have to worry about it.

Re: Would be bad.

May 7, 2019, 5:57 PM

I hope we have to wait a while before that happens.

I’d be in heaven!

May 7, 2019, 5:59 PM

Signed,
GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I’ve been thinking for a while....

May 7, 2019, 6:19 PM

I agree completely and understand how you feel. When they were beating us over those 5 years, I didn't hate them - I hated that we weren't beating them and only wanted us to improve. We did improve - and I see something entirely different in their losing attitude than in ours. They try to demean those who beat them, while not looking at their own situation in a corrective light. What they say and do as a result of losing is not constructive and only serves to lengthen their misery and make them appear as losers - which they are.

Re: I’ve been (OVER)thinking for a while....

May 7, 2019, 6:23 PM

Just go with the reality of it , which is we are at the top of college football and they are a sniveling mass of jealousy and resentment .
Couldn't be finer than to be in Carolina....every modern morning .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

It can't happen.

May 7, 2019, 6:24 PM

They don't have it. They never will. Neither will State or Wake or Vandy or App St or 75% of the teams out there.

They had our number, but we were getting better every year down to the core. They had a washed up old drunken coach and you knew it wouldn't last. They still managed not to win anything other than a division title and second rate bowls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,126
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic