Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there any better holiday-related idiot indicator....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 757

Is there any better holiday-related idiot indicator....

Dec 4, 2018, 2:25 PM

than somebody thinking "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is about date rape?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's stupidest thing I've EVER heard.

Dec 4, 2018, 2:26 PM

Everybody knows that song is about ryanadidas locking his wife in the She Shed.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She's hard at work right now, getting the She Shed

Dec 4, 2018, 8:25 PM

the way she likes it.

She said as long as it's quite and the kids don't mess with her, she's cool with it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

snowflakes - jeez***

Dec 4, 2018, 2:27 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It IS, but taking it off the air is a little over-the-top.

Dec 4, 2018, 2:31 PM

But it pretty much is the Mad Men version of date rape.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SMH

Dec 4, 2018, 2:32 PM

The song is rapey at all

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what I said.***

Dec 4, 2018, 2:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup, this dude sums it up well

Dec 4, 2018, 2:31 PM

I do agree I think there's been enough covers of it though - but not for the reason of it being rapey, lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

This should be obvious

Dec 4, 2018, 2:34 PM

Not really sure who decided to start interpreting the song in such a stupid way. Even this guy can't help himself with all the "patriarchal" stuff.

Snowflakecrzy thinks so about this song

Dec 4, 2018, 7:32 PM

But he's been afuckedhead all his life.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Strong words, doc.

Dec 4, 2018, 8:15 PM

soccerkrzy®, what have you to say?

- Ryan

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

He's clearly a moron because I said the exact opposite.***

Dec 4, 2018, 9:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reason #13536 you're simply an idiot. Learn how to read.***

Dec 4, 2018, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Snowflakecrzy thinks so about this song ]

i've only heard stop, no and don't

Dec 4, 2018, 2:33 PM

she has like 40 excuses.

but eventually says yes, so that's a green light

Poor old Meatloaf had it even worser

Dec 4, 2018, 2:39 PM

by the dashboard light...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C11MzbEcHlw

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ain't no doubt about it.***

Dec 4, 2018, 2:42 PM

It doesn't offend me or anything, and I'm no young buck.

Dec 4, 2018, 2:34 PM

But I mean it is kind of rapey...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

It really isn't

Dec 4, 2018, 2:37 PM

The song is a flirtatious back and forth between a man and woman who want to spend a night together, but the woman doesn't want to look easy so she's making a token resistance while the man is providing her with excuses to stay. The woman eventually decides to do what she really wants to do, which is stay.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

You didn't shake your head at him.

Dec 4, 2018, 2:40 PM

This is bullshit, cam.

How about we all agree it's BS and move on.

Dec 4, 2018, 2:50 PM

I mean it's not even worth arguing about. Take a poll if you like. But probably 50% of Americans can't even wrap their brain around the reasoning. The other half can see it when it's explained to them, but think it's BS. Then there's the 1%, maybe 2% who are causing all this consternation. Just ignore it.

There's no big shock that men and women are both miserable today, moreso than at any time in the past. You have a million years of evolution and 5,000 years of "civilization", 250 years of America, and 20 years of wingnuts saying the previous million years are BS. I really feel just as bad for women as men in all this #metoo stuff today. They're paying a price right along with the men.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather make fun of the dummies who think it's about rape***

Dec 4, 2018, 2:51 PM

I'd rather ignore them and not give them the attention they

Dec 4, 2018, 2:56 PM

crave.

Sorry, gentlemen, but I am INFURIATED over this song,

Dec 4, 2018, 3:03 PM

and we WILL continue this discussion until I say it's over.

Well maybe just a half a drink more

Dec 4, 2018, 3:06 PM

(I wish 19B wasn't such a whoor*)

*Because everybody gets off on 19B.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

I was holding back on this...but you left me no choice

Dec 4, 2018, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Sorry, gentlemen, but I am INFURIATED over this song, ]

slothgif time..... ;)

I get it... I think it's funny.***

Dec 4, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to It really isn't ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Cam, the Love Doctor. If I knew for certainty the

Dec 4, 2018, 11:43 PM [ in reply to It really isn't ]

times that a woman said no but really meant yes, I’d have gotten laid a lot more and wasted less time just trying to get laid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At one time, many, MANY moons ago

Dec 5, 2018, 1:47 PM

I came up with a technique that worked swimmingly. It's basically like longline fishing in the ocean.

That and people that get offended by using "Xmas"

Dec 4, 2018, 2:36 PM

or being offended by saying "happy holidays" instead of "Merry Xmas"

(...)

I see it an an indicator of being triggered happy

Dec 4, 2018, 2:37 PM

Those are the people who literally dig and look for any BS upon witch they can feign indignity to achieve dominance and elicit contrition. They really do get off on that. Probably because they don't otherwise.

That's just how I see them, step by step. At first you scratch your head and look at them funny. Then they attack and explain their thinking. Then you get mad once you manage to wrap your head around their twisted reasoning. When all is said and done, you feel sorry for them because it must suck going through life like that.

I don't know what's more annoying, those who think it's

Dec 4, 2018, 2:51 PM

rapey or those who bring up that others think it's rapey out of the blue.

It is the non-denominational holiday season, after all

Dec 4, 2018, 2:53 PM

Not totally random

OK I'm going with the latter.***

Dec 4, 2018, 2:54 PM

These are the annoying guys IMO

Dec 4, 2018, 3:10 PM [ in reply to I don't know what's more annoying, those who think it's ]

I tend to ignore them when possible, but this is the stuff you have to wade through trying to find out the important news of the day.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/baby-its-cold-outside-christmas-cleveland-radio_us_5c032c5ee4b0a173c0239fd3

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/11/30/baby-its-cold-outside-cut-cleveland-radio-station-after-metoo/2160122002/

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/baby-cold-outside-not-getting-much-love-atlanta/mHaHnsdpnjWefhBR4K7QNP/

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/ohio-radio-station-drops-christmas-classic-baby-cold/story?id=59573334

And the beat goes on...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/03/arts/music/princeton-tigertones-kiss-the-girl-little-mermaid.html

you mean the Bill Cosby theme song?***

Dec 4, 2018, 3:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry but this will always be the Bill Cosby theme song....

Dec 4, 2018, 3:21 PM

Of course the snowflakes would be quick to point out this makes fun of horizontally enhanced non gender specific individuals and is raycyst to boot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r87cIxZXEME

Replies: 35
| visibility 757
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic