Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the Jack Leggett situation to BB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,856

Is the Jack Leggett situation to BB?

Mar 26, 2019, 4:13 PM

I know Jack was considered a hall of fame coach by Clemson but during his last few years at Clemson a lot of people wanted him gone. The day he got let go their were many people were bashing the AD for making that decision. Lets say Dan fires Brownell at his meeting with him this week (which it seems most want to happen) will we see the same backlash from tiger fans questioning his decision as we did when Jack was let go?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the Jack Leggett situation to BB?

Mar 26, 2019, 4:20 PM

All depends on who they get to replace him. If it's Joe Schmo from Southwest Missouri A&T then there will be a hissy fit. If DR lures someone who's had success at a major college, maybe not.

Mar 26, 2019, 5:47 PM

So you think the situations are similar in terms of Clemson baseball having the same potential as Clemson basketball? Lord help us...

Mar 26, 2019, 7:37 PM

Do not think you can compare Jack Leggett to Brad Brownell.......IMO Jack was a much better recruiter and coach even though he was in a different sport.....Jack did not have a problem getting us to Omaha (probably comparable to the Final 4 of basketball) but could not manage to win it all after numerous chances.....now Brad has had a very difficult time even getting us to the Big Dance much less the Final 4......Jack was a HOF coach but probably stayed about 5 years to long at Clemson before hanging up his cleats.....now even if Brad hung around another 20 years I believe his chances of making the Big Dance more than a couple of times are pretty slim at best......Brad will never be a HOF coach and I consider him an average coach and recruiter at best.....and that is the difference between the two..... Go Tigers!!!!!

Mar 26, 2019, 7:55 PM

HOF...LOL

Mar 26, 2019, 8:17 PM

you are so right.....LOL at YOU .......if you think Brad Brownell will ever come close to being a HOF coach like Jack.......being average is never going to make that happen little buddy........Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Mar 27, 2019, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Is the Jack Leggett situation to BB? ]

^^^ Started paying attention to Clemson baseball in 2013 (ish) ^^^

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2019, 8:08 PM

For clarification, Coach Leggett was not “considered a hall of fame coach by Clemson”. Rather, he IS a hall of fame coach, like him or not. His accomplishments far exceed Coach Brownell’s, and it’s not even close. So, if Brownell is let go (which I doubt will happen), there will likely be little or no backlash.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it’s pretty insulting to Leggett to compare him and Browell. ***

Mar 26, 2019, 8:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 27, 2019, 6:51 PM

Lol you’re comparing a former baseball coach to the current basketball coach on the football board. The man

To answer your ? no. Their situations are not comparable at all

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,856
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic