Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is anyone else concerned about how many
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Is anyone else concerned about how many

Nov 5, 2018, 10:08 AM

points our defense is giving up in the 2nd half of games?

-Louisville scored 13 of their 16 points in the 2nd half
-FSU scored all 10 of their points in the 2nd half
-NCSU scored all 7 of their points in the 2nd half
-Wake scored all 3 of their points in the 2nd half

BC marks the beginning of championship season this for the Tigers and our defense needs to be sharp for all 4 quarters and not let opposing offenses take over late in games. If we don't correct this trend, eventually it's going to cost us big time.

I hope Brent Venerables and Joey Batson get this fixed immediately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The KO return for a TD was the biggest disappointment...

Nov 5, 2018, 10:14 AM

At that point in the game, the KO team was made-up of fourth stringers and practice squad players but it's like Dabo said, they have helmets and shoulder pads too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Is anyone else concerned about how many

Nov 5, 2018, 10:15 AM

I’m more concerned that we start every game in a tie.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swoffie strikes again!***

Nov 5, 2018, 10:41 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Is anyone else concerned about how many ]

They need to get out of the dress clothes and put on uniforms!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m more concerned that we start every game in a tie.

Nov 6, 2018, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Is anyone else concerned about how many ]

:)

Nov 5, 2018, 10:17 AM

You can only get so much from the scout teams but I’m sure they are doing their best!

I'm more upset that we

Nov 5, 2018, 10:21 AM

Ran up the score on Louisville. 63 was a good number. That Will guy ruined it. Fire Swofford.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm more upset that we

Nov 5, 2018, 5:16 PM

One of the writers for a Louisville newspaper predicted a score of 63 - 3. At one point during the game, that was the score. But then Dabo put in volunteers from the stands.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm more upset that we

Nov 5, 2018, 11:27 PM [ in reply to I'm more upset that we ]

you lost me then you had me. I’ll get behind any reason to fire swoffy.

I’m more concerned that Chase Brice outperformed TL.

Nov 5, 2018, 10:25 AM

I think we should have Mr. Streeter standing tall before the man. Keep this up and we will have our second QB controversy this season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize that those teams were all playing against...

Nov 5, 2018, 10:26 AM

an exhausted defense in the second half, right?

I’d like to see you play every defensive down for 60 minutes and still be fresh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

That's why Batson needs to be part of the solution

It's clear that something is wrong with our S&C program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I seriously doubt our players have the stamina for

Nov 5, 2018, 10:54 AM

additional strength and conditioning training.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: You do realize that those teams were all playing against...

Nov 6, 2018, 1:05 AM [ in reply to You do realize that those teams were all playing against... ]

You do recognize sarcasm don’t you

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

^ Irony***

Nov 6, 2018, 11:59 AM

Nov 5, 2018, 10:28 AM

The bigger question is with all your starters only playing half a game, are they going to have the stamina to play a full game when you get to the playoffs?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 5, 2018, 10:31 AM

Class of 09, I had to give you TU for that one. Well played.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Is anyone else concerned about how many ]

Do you think we should them in for the whole scar game no matter what the score is? We do need to test our stamina for the ACCCG the next Saturday. If you have any connections perhaps they can get muscoot to announce that he's OK with this.

Should leave them in...

Nov 5, 2018, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Is anyone else concerned about how many ]

Dabo actually needs to leave his starters in more beginning with the upcoming game. BC may be a seventeen point underdog, but the staff and players really need to get a feel for having to compete beyond half time or merely early third quarter. Let BAMA experience running out of energy late in games in the CFP. Personally I want Jakie and company and their coaching staff to experience a clean old fashioned "tail kickin" November 24th to the tune of 70 to 10 or better to shut up their loudmouthed fans who still long for the return of the OBC - "skip town Spurrier."

Go Tigers!

Nov 6, 2018, 1:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Is anyone else concerned about how many ]

I think we should save Wilkins throwing a td for the scar game

All defenses play half a game

Nov 5, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Is anyone else concerned about how many ]

the offense plays the other half (plus or minus depending on how much special teams are on the field and how often the jumbo package is used on offense).

No wonder y'all suck at footballing if you can't even understand these simple concepts.

Re: All defenses play half a game

Nov 5, 2018, 10:52 AM

I’ve fact checked this post and it looks like you may be correct.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

the math checks out***

Nov 5, 2018, 11:18 AM [ in reply to All defenses play half a game ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The plan is to leave them in for the last game, Nov. 24.

Nov 5, 2018, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Is anyone else concerned about how many ]

Just to make sure. Of course pull all of the seniors with 2 minutes to play during a specially called time out.

Message was edited by: RoperMtn®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Nov 5, 2018, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Is anyone else concerned about how many ]

I am giving you a new nickname — the wedge because you are the simplest of tools

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Is anyone else concerned about how many ]

Sorry 09, but you haven't been watching. We keep scoring when our 2's, 3's, and 4's come in the game. Our 4th string RB (#23-Dixon) rushed for over 100 yards and did not enter the game until late. We have no worries about playing the subs that have earned the right to play after putting in the work.

And don't tell Muschamp how it should be done, because we like owning the coots every year.

Lol. Good one.***

Nov 5, 2018, 10:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ALARMING STATISTICS! is our team quitting like FSU and

Nov 5, 2018, 10:43 AM

Lewisville?!

After watching Alabama play the NC game last year against whoever that was, yes.

Nov 5, 2018, 10:48 AM

Because they did most of their scoring in the second half. Maybe we should start giving up points in the first half and shutting people down the second half.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's crazy enough that it just might work

Nov 5, 2018, 11:02 AM

you should fax your thoughts to Coach Venerables right away...

^^^ Mack Brown scok ^^^***

Nov 5, 2018, 4:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why we have to dig up Nebraska's S&C coach from the 1970's, assuming he is still coaching. Those hosses had some serious beef, like nothing any one had seen up until that point at the college level.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo and BV are wearing out our D by subbing them so much

Imagine how much extra effort they are having to put in running back and forth to the sidelines. Opposing OCs will start to notice this and take advantage of our tired defense. Eventually this will come back to bite us

That's a great point, our guys are basically having to

Nov 5, 2018, 11:03 AM

run a few extra miles on and off the field. And it's starting to show on the scoreboard.

Nov 5, 2018, 11:04 AM

Most people are back at their tailgate by the second half so they don’t know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 11:09 AM

I'm not sure if this is a real post or if it's being facetious...and I'm too afraid to ask.

Wait, you've been a member of the tnets for almost

Nov 5, 2018, 11:13 AM

12 years, and this is your first post? I feel honored.

Every once in a while, you catch the ambulance...***

Nov 5, 2018, 4:53 PM

It’s real.

Nov 5, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Is anyone else concerned about how many ]

And unfortunately this isn’t the first time the OPer has said something this dumb.

I tried to give you your first point but it still says 0

Nov 5, 2018, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Is anyone else concerned about how many ]

I had a feeling my opinions don't count on here

Maybe it’s your phone...

Nov 5, 2018, 11:19 AM

Give the op a TD and see what happens.

Hopefully that worked...***

Nov 5, 2018, 4:35 PM

Nov 6, 2018, 1:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Is anyone else concerned about how many ]

It’s sarcasm or satire which ever you would like. Just having some fun

Why am I the only juan that gave this a TD?

Nov 5, 2018, 11:27 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I skipped the TD and went straight for the RA.***

Nov 5, 2018, 4:43 PM

Nov 5, 2018, 1:26 PM

I'm not sure if this is a real post or if it's being facetious...and I'm too afraid to ask.

Wait, you've been a member of the tnets for almost

Nov 5, 2018, 1:54 PM

12 years, and this is your second post? I feel honored.

Lucky day.... Two ambulances.***

Nov 5, 2018, 4:55 PM

Fire Dabo! He's the one who is in charge. These defensive

Nov 5, 2018, 5:01 PM

lapses need to be addressed immediately.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 5:08 PM

Perhaps one should be more concerned about the sum of those fourth quarter points.

13+10+7+3 = 33

Was this planned? ;<)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 5, 2018, 5:30 PM

I thought you were gonna say...

... pop-up ads are on this site. LOL

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who the #### is this???

Nov 5, 2018, 7:17 PM

ra’d

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nov 5, 2018, 7:29 PM

My biggest concern is that we regularly lose the TOP battle. We're going to have to start calling plays that allow us to score more slowly so that we can keep our defense fresh.

Perhaps we could just kneel on first down each series so that we can eat up more clock.

That's definitely a good thought

Nov 5, 2018, 9:36 PM

You should fax Scelliott and let him know. I'm guessing that's something Coach Venerables has been thinking but he doesn't want to sound selfish by bringing it up.

Nov 5, 2018, 10:17 PM

The Loserville game revealed a glaring deficiency in the Clemson defense that will have Natty implications. Our sixth string defense is vulnerable at times

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.***

Nov 5, 2018, 10:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Wait.....

Nov 5, 2018, 11:15 PM

......I thought kneeling was bad??? No??? Maybe we should kneel on defense? Kneeling seems like a restful position, it might help mitigate all the running on and off the field that is wearing our defense out.

You do realize that we were playing the backups backups

Nov 6, 2018, 2:35 AM

When most of those points were scored, right?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should worry less about what I realize and focus

Nov 6, 2018, 8:04 AM

more on what you're failing to realize. Hth

You ignore the obvious and that's become intolerable.

Nov 6, 2018, 12:01 PM

Obviously Dabo is letting the other teams' coaches call our defensive plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIRE EVERYONE!!!!

Nov 6, 2018, 12:04 PM

tHIS CANNOT STAND!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 2:31 PM

It is called the law of Unintended Consequences and DABO HAS CONSISTENTLY SHOWN HE DOES NOT GET IT.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic