Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is a Wall the best way to secure the border?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 868

Is a Wall the best way to secure the border?

Dec 21, 2018, 9:37 AM

I confess that I have never taken the wall idea seriously because I thought it was just a political stunt that was more symbolic than anything else.

I haven’t really seen much analysis from security experts. There doesn’t appear to have been any discussion about what is the best solution.

Why do so many people think it is even a viable solution or be a responsible use of taxpayer dollars?

Has there been any consideration for more realistic options?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Wall is more than a physical wall, but many dems

Dec 21, 2018, 10:02 AM

Don’t get that....

Yes, it’s a wall above ground
It’s also fiber optic lines along the border that detect underground movement
It’s also enhanced scanning at checkpoints
It’s also new technology using drones, etc to enhance border agent capability

Learn anything?

None of what you posted

Dec 21, 2018, 10:15 AM

appears in Trump's order:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-border-security-immigration-enforcement-improvements/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty old document....

Dec 21, 2018, 11:13 AM

Do a little moar research

You're right.

Dec 21, 2018, 11:39 AM

From the 2019 budget:

• The Budget requests over $2.2 billion in high-priority investments in border security technology, infrastructure, and equipment to help CBP prevent, detect, and interdict illegal border crossings. These investments include:
o $1.6 billion for new border wall in locations identified by the Border Patrol as necessary to obtain operational control of the border and impede illegal crossings.
o $183 million for aircraft and other aviation assets to help identify and track illegal border crossings and support enforcement actions on the ground.
o $149 million for critical equipment and facility needs, such as Border Patrol stations, vehicles, and radios.
o $182 million for surveillance technology, such as towers, radars, cameras, and sensors, to give the Border Patrol situational awareness in high-risk areas.
o $107 million for road maintenance to give Border Patrol access to difficult to reach locations.
o $44 million to recapitalize non-intrusive inspection equipment at ports of entry, anticipating that stronger enforcement between the ports may lead to increased contraband flowing through official border crossings.
o These funds are all in addition to the 2018 Budget request of $2.6 billion for these activities, as well as an additional $15.56 billion the Administration is seeking in 2018 for border security as a result of the Congressional caps deal.
• The Budget continues implementation of the President’s direction to hire 5,000 additional Border Patrol Agents and 10,000 ICE officers and investigators. The Budget proposes $782 million to hire and support 2,750 additional law enforcement officers and agents at CBP and ICE, and makes investments at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers to begin training new law enforcement personnel. Specifically:
o CBP: The Budget proposes $211 million to hire and support an additional 750 U.S. Border Patrol Agents to interdict people and contraband illegally entering the United States between ports of entry.
o ICE: The Budget proposes $571 million to hire and support an additional 2,000 Law Enforcement Officers to support the President’s direction to increase interior immigration enforcement.
• The Budget makes other investments in increasing interior immigration enforcement, including:
o $2.7 billion in total funding for 52,000 average daily ICE immigration detention beds, a 25 percent increase over the 2017 Enacted level;
o $278 million for the identification, location, and arrest of fugitive illegal aliens in the United States;
o $686 million for the removal of criminal aliens incarcerated in U.S. jails and prisons; and
o $132 million to support mandatory nationwide use of the E-Verify program, ensuring that
businesses employ only those authorized to work in the United States.
Department of Justice. At the Department of Justice (DOJ), the 2019 Budget proposes an overall funding level of $563 million for the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), a 28 percent increase over the 2017 Enacted level.
• As part of the Administration’s efforts to reduce the pending caseload, the Budget expands EOIR’s adjudicatory capacity by providing funding for an additional 75 Immigration Judge (IJ) teams.
• In addition, $25 million is provided to support technology modernization, improving operational efficiency and promoting the timely adjudication of cases.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well then...where's the TU?

Dec 21, 2018, 2:11 PM

ATLOrange®

Re: None of what you posted

Dec 21, 2018, 12:10 PM [ in reply to None of what you posted ]

Dude, it's more about hating Dems than Libs than it is supporting Trump.

If Trump called for tuning the flag pink, if the Libs and Dems were against it, the Trump supporters would be for it.

It's more about being "against" than it is about being 'for'.

Sort of like the Evangelicals...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you're all about hating Trump

Dec 21, 2018, 2:12 PM

not doing what's right....

True but that's a two way street where you live.***

Dec 21, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: None of what you posted ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Wall is more than a physical wall, but many dems

Dec 21, 2018, 10:43 AM [ in reply to The Wall is more than a physical wall, but many dems ]

Good idea. Now who pays for it?

Not illegal immigrants...***

Dec 31, 2018, 12:20 PM

There's a Defense Sub Contractor somewhere

Dec 31, 2018, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: The Wall is more than a physical wall, but many dems ]

that will sell the government all it needs. I vote for WIC and welfare to pay for it.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

No, a wall would be designed and built to stop...

Dec 21, 2018, 2:55 PM [ in reply to The Wall is more than a physical wall, but many dems ]

illegals from stepping on our soil. Catch and release must end and asylum laws should revert to PreObama era.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check out Israel's southern wall.

Dec 21, 2018, 12:13 PM

I understand it stopped 99%+ of the illegal crossings in that area.

Land mines would be cheaper and much more effective.

Dec 21, 2018, 3:06 PM

If you're the gambling sort, maybe we could get those that cross to wear a number, and make a game of it. Get across in one piece, and they get to stay!

I bet Fox would pick that up and make Howie Mandel the host.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is a Wall the best way to secure the border?

Dec 21, 2018, 7:17 PM

Probably a mine field would work way better.

Nope bait the border

Dec 31, 2018, 2:45 PM

Animal Blood, over populate with rabbits, mice, ground hogs, etc.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 16
| visibility 868
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic