Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Dabo punking everyone ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Is Dabo punking everyone ?

Apr 9, 2019, 12:03 PM

He keeps saying they Clemson may never have a number one class. Does he already know that we will ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Dabo punking everyone ?

Apr 9, 2019, 12:18 PM

I think that is due to numbers. He knows some schools will sign 30+ people in a class whereas he never will go higher than the number of schollys we have available. We may get the highest avg rating per signee but the way the class rankings work have a lot to do with quantity. In other words a class of 30 signees with an avg rating of 3.0 stars could be ranked higher than a class of 20 signees with an avg of 3.5 stars. (I dont know the exact math .. just an example)

Apr 9, 2019, 12:43 PM

Actually, to avoid that, I believe the services (certainly Rivals) only counts the 20 highest rated players in each class in their rankings.

Apr 9, 2019, 12:18 PM

Nah, I legitimately think he doesn’t care about it at all, just as he says.

Haven’t ever had a #1 class, “and maybe never will.”

I believe he wants the right players that will thrive and succeed in Clemson’s culture as men, and everything else is gravy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2019, 12:22 PM

Dont care. He and the staff are great at finding and getting who we need to win. That is the ranking I care about. Mac Brown had some grea Texas classes at the end and couldnt win squat with them. Recruitiing ranking is not particularly directly relevant to winning

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2019, 12:54 PM

Don't care if we ever have the #1 ranked class. What counts is if we have the right 85 guys for Clemson.

I keep saying that Dabo is a diabolical genius at evaluating talent, knowing who will fit and propogating the culture in the program to sustain success.

My business associates who are SEC and ACC fans begrudgingly acknowledge Dabo is one of the "good guys" in the sport. If someone rails on Dabo and accuses him of being less than genuine and above board, then I know they don't truly know the full story of William Christopher Swinney.

No, he knows that we could. But he's just letting everyone

Apr 9, 2019, 1:10 PM

know two things:

1) It's quality, not quantity (our classes are generally not as large as many which hurts our numbers)

and 2) which most important, is that he and his coaches have their own numbering system (which has proven to much better than the talking heads. Note: see evidence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPigGaTYnao).

That's not punking, that's trolling***

Apr 9, 2019, 1:17 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2019, 1:18 PM

I find the recruiting rankings to be silly. Irrelevant to a point. Almost like schools that can't win a Natty in the modern era or play in the 4th quarter.

Finishing in the top 15/20 is important. Where you finish in the top 12 isn't.

Signing the right guys you need is more important that stacking to many redundancies (varies by position). I call this the UT problem.

Signing players into the right system is more important that signing the most stars.

Signing the "immeasurable" is more important that the "verticals"

Signing the guys that can be developed.

Finally, every year is DIFFERENT. Some years are stronger than others so that the talent out of the XX year makes a #5 ranking better than a #1 ranking in year XY.

He probably has the same mentality with the Heisman Trophy

Apr 9, 2019, 1:33 PM

b/c the way to win a heisman (unfortunately) is to compile extra useless stats that come from a player playing a lot of overtime in efforts to over inflate totals at the end of the year. Like when your team is up by 4 TD's and Lamar Jackson is still in the game through 35 yard post routes with 2 minutes left in the game still trying to score again on Utah St.

Its funny how that team fell apart after LJ left. Those players didnt' want to play for that coach anymore. It was all about getting that Heisman for Petrino and nothing about the rest of the players and thats whats wrong with the Heisman trophy.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic