Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting everyone assumes Michigan will win in Columbus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,069

Interesting everyone assumes Michigan will win in Columbus

Nov 12, 2018, 9:27 AM

Michigan could beat them by 40, but....They haven't won in Columbus since 2000. And Michigan has played some terribly inept offenses- but that won't be the case against Ohio State. Say what you want about the Buckeyes (i HATE THEM), but they have more talent at every offensive position than Michigan has faced at every position all year (with maybe the exception of Wisconsin's RBs).

And the X-factor here is pressure. We know its hard to play in Rivalry games when you want to beat your rival THIS bad. This will define Michigan's program. If Michigan loses to Ohio State, the "revenge tour" narrative will be "well you beat 4 loss WISC, beat 4 loss Michigan State, and lost to the only decent team in Ohio State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Interesting everyone assumes Michigan will win in Columbus

Nov 12, 2018, 9:39 AM

Ohio State might win that game.

Michigan has not performed at a high level against a great team yet this year (not sure that anybody in the top 10 has).

On the other hand, Ohio St is not a great team and I have seen nothing from them since early in the season to show they have a pulse. They have looked absolutely terrible since the Purdue game. Don't let the score from their game against Mich St fool you. I watched much of the game and Ohio St was terrible until Mich St literally decided to give them 2 points on an intentional safety.

Beating Ohio St would prove nothing at this point about how good Michigan is. I actually think that if the game is even close in a Michigan win it could mean Michigan is pretty weak compared to what they may want to believe.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting everyone assumes Michigan will win in Columbus

Nov 12, 2018, 9:57 AM

Ohio St. has talent and depth, haven't played their best lately, if the Urban "headache" problems goes away, Michigan might be in for a long day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,069
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic