Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting ND read, with Clemson references . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Interesting ND read, with Clemson references . .

Apr 12, 2019, 11:35 PM

If someone already posted this . .whoops

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26479445/can-notre-dame-solidify-return-elite-status-2019

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting ND read, with Clemson references . .

Apr 13, 2019, 1:20 AM

Yea yea yea, they are all over the place of what is standard, at Clemson the BEST is the standard, and our guys never see it any other way. Our win over them in the playoffs, the truth is that we just used them to show all the talkers that they didn't have a clue of how good Clemson really is bc Dabo only lets them see what he wants them to see, nothing more, and nothing less!!! Go Tigers, and KILL-UM ALLLL!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelly ran his mouth again prior to the game saying they were going

Apr 13, 2019, 5:45 AM

to win the whole thing. ND was beaten soundly on both sides of the ball. Their defense played well but it wasn’t good enough. They had a great team last year but it was not an elite team. I don’t expect ND to be back in the playoff again this year. If they are they will be routed again. They simply do not have enough firepower on offense to win a national championship.

On another note Kelly doesn’t have the personality to build a program that can be in the top five consistently. He will get some talent because he’s at ND but it won’t be because of his personality. He looked miserable out there beside Dabo in the press conference leading up to the game. It was as if he knew what was coming.

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo looks like he knew what was coming too.***

Apr 13, 2019, 2:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 13, 2019, 2:38 AM

what I get from that is no matter who we whip by however many, we still get no credit for whipping their ###.

That is just the way I like it!

lil ole Clemson

GO TIGERS

Apr 13, 2019, 3:18 AM

I'm sure ND can solidify their "return to the elite" (depending on your definition of the word elite).

They made the play-offs, and were arguably the 3rd or 4th best team in the country last season. There is no reason to believe that they can't compete for the same again this season.

If, however, you define being elite as challenging for the national title, then they are a million miles away from Clemson, and to be honest, probably a few thousand miles away from Alabama.

Apr 13, 2019, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting ND read, with Clemson references . . ]

at some point the college football gods will be forced to recognize CU's elite status,as our program continues to achieve.although that point may have already been reached.other programs will realize that the key to our success is not just x's and o's,but dabo's overall philosophy of preparing young men not just for football and the pros,but more importantly for life after playing sports as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 13, 2019, 6:37 AM

The telling point was where their 11-1 won't make the playoff, they must be perfect, Pac-12-Big-12 not in, blah...blah...blah. Logic then dictates that their arrogant, go it alone mentality may keep them from making it in the near future... There is a simple solution. They know what it is...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2019, 8:37 AM

Gonna need some help with the interpretation of what he's sayin'. Is he sayin' Clemson kicked our butts but I can't say that and expect to keep my job?

"They have extremely talented players, but if we were better tactically and technically today, if we coached better, if we made plays today that we had been making all year, we would have had a pretty darn good football game going into the fourth quarter."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26479445/can-notre-dame-solidify-return-elite-status-2019

Apr 13, 2019, 10:32 AM

That's cool and all but they probably over achieved defensively and got exactly what they deserved (almost nothing) offensively. UGA will likely remove them from the playoff in week 2. If not then UGA will be removed from the playoff so it's a win win. The reality is that ND BARELY got buy in half of their games last year and when they hit a truly elite team it didn't know which way was up. I doubt they get by this year and if they do it will lead to the same result.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic