Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ohio state
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Ohio state

Oct 8, 2018, 9:20 PM

How awesome would it be to play Ohio State in the playoffs and lay a goose egg on them again.Just seeing the expression on Urban Meyer's face would be priceless. Haskins is great when he can stand in the pocket all day and make throws, he looked very average against Penn St. when they forced him to move. I'd say our 2nd string d-line could put more pressure on him than Penn state.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ohio state

Oct 8, 2018, 9:28 PM

I was pretty unimpressed with both teams in that Ohio St./Penn St. game.

An Orange bowl against OSU would be great, but Notre Dame would be fun to play too.

Oct 8, 2018, 9:57 PM

THIS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOooo!

Oct 9, 2018, 1:43 AM

Domers..tired of beating uP on Buckies, and so is “Headache” Urban!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’never Forget and I hope our team doesn’t forget what Urban

Oct 9, 2018, 8:47 AM

Said about our Tigers after the 31-0 shalacking in the CFB semi-finals. He told his team they were beaten by a bunch of “red necks” and “country bumpkins.” While we might be one or both, no one disses my team especially a person of highly questionable character and integrity.

I don’t remember that. Link? Urban has always been very

Oct 9, 2018, 8:51 AM

complimentary of Dabo/Clemson so a remark like that would surprise me.

Re: I’never Forget and I hope our team doesn’t forget what Urban

Oct 9, 2018, 9:12 AM [ in reply to I’never Forget and I hope our team doesn’t forget what Urban ]

Wow I have never actually seen the coot meter go off without somebody else seeing it first. I’m getting better at this.

LOL he didn’t say that.***

Oct 9, 2018, 6:10 PM [ in reply to I’never Forget and I hope our team doesn’t forget what Urban ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 9, 2018, 6:43 PM [ in reply to I’never Forget and I hope our team doesn’t forget what Urban ]

I do recall reading that one of Meyer's players quoted him as saying that to the team after the loss to Clemson. I have no clue where the link is since it's been so long.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 9, 2018, 6:46 PM [ in reply to I’never Forget and I hope our team doesn’t forget what Urban ]

Shut up Coot just shut up

Oct 9, 2018, 8:49 AM

OSU.....

SUCKS!! Carry on.....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will most likely play UCF in the CFP finals***

Oct 9, 2018, 8:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 9:22 AM

Do we lay the goose egg on them or do they lay a goose egg. Does it go both ways? I'm pretty sure the layee is the one with 0 points. Just the opposite of many other layee endeavors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 9:35 AM

It's kind of like "taking a dump". I have not figured out yet why anyone would want to take a dump. It is always better to leave one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 5:59 PM

The dump part is a verb that refers to making trash, since human waste is 'disposed of' or dumped into a larger collection of garbage. The taking part is actually not specific to this phrase and is found in others like "taking a break" or "taking a drug". In both cases you are not actually taking, but "going on" and "using" respectively. In this phrase, the taking part actually means "making" or "leaving". This goes back to the word taking which has just developed to be a polite euphamism for "I'm doing the following action". Imagine if you said "I'm going to dump", it kind of defeats the purpose of using dump as a euphamism for a bowel movement. In fact, you can probably make up any phrase that is an action and people will understand it. Now, I'm taking my leave.

Oct 9, 2018, 6:01 PM

My bad. Euphemism spelled with an "e" not an "a". Fat finger.

Oct 11, 2018, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Ohio state ]

Lol I still say it is better to leave than take one of those!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic