Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Player rankings don't matter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Player rankings don't matter

May 16, 2019, 9:32 AM

See UGA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Ehhhh

May 16, 2019, 9:42 AM

24-4 in the last 2 years with an SEC title and a championship game appearance isn't too shabby. I think that's the exact same record we had over the 2014 and 2015 seasons.

I don't think their staff is as good at developing and deploying that talent as ours, but their monster recruiting classes are guys that will just be SO and FR next year so we will see how they do over the next two years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed .. having a top 4 recruiting class since 2010

May 16, 2019, 10:18 AM

Will get you a 71% win %, couple division titles, a conf title, aaaannd a cfp appearance.

Not too shabby.

Oops...they also put a lot of players in the nfl...
As Charlie sheen would ssy...... winning!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Conveniently left out

May 16, 2019, 11:08 AM

Bama pulling in #1 class after #1 class and having championships to back it up. And Georgia is probably the 3rd best team in the country year in year out and recruiting is a huge part of that.

I also conveniently left out USC , texas,

May 16, 2019, 12:22 PM

Lsu , Florida and Michigan ...who also RANK in the top 10 since 2010.

So is Ohio St

May 16, 2019, 12:50 PM

If recruiting rankings don’t matter then why are the only schools that win championships ones that have more blue chip players than 3 stars?

They matter a lot and at this point anyone that doesn’t believe that can’t grasp logic or statistics

And fsu and Auburn....

May 16, 2019, 1:49 PM

Now to your question which is off topic..

The post was rankings.. and statistically speaking 6 outta the top 10 recruiting schools since 2010 have not sniffed a NC. 1 came close with uga.

Washington , MSU ,Oklahoma, Clemson have come closer and they have not been ranked in the top 10. Statistically speaking.

Now.. to answer the question on how a team could possibly win without a roster full of blue chip players?

dunno.. maybe teams that recruit good players then coach them up could Win?

If im not mistaken, teams won games before recruiting rankings existed.

..I can statistically say that over the last half decade having Alabama or Clemson on your Jersey is more accurate in determining football success than any recruiting site. Therefore recruiting sites are useless statisticlly speaking.

I can also say with 100% statistical accuracy that recruiting rankings don't matter to me.

Re: And fsu and Auburn....

May 16, 2019, 2:07 PM

Washington and Michigan State both had 1 year in the CFP, and both were blown out once they got there. Both teams have struggled to stay consistent, Michigan State was 7-6 this past season, and 3-9 three years ago.

Clemson and Oklahoma have each had 2 top 10 recruiting classes since 2014, and neither has had a class ranked outside of the top 20 during that time. Oklahoma has also struggled nearly every time in that time period when playing a top team outside of the Big 12.

Clemson has been the exception when it comes to a team playing consistent that isn't always in the top 10 recruiting rankings, and even Clemson has had a couple of top 10 classes, and every other class has mostly been in the top 15 with several 4 and 5 star guys. It's not as if Clemson is recruiting in the 50s, missing out on every blue chip recruit, and still managing to win big.

Re: Player rankings don't matter

May 16, 2024, 7:59 PM

Yup. You’re so right. We would have had the same success we’ve had the last 5 years with USuCks players. Or Wake Forests. Or The Citadels.

Because player rankings don’t matter.

Lmao.

Maybe..maybe not.. ponder this..

May 16, 2019, 1:52 PM

Would clemson have had ther same success with the same players and coaches if recruiting sites, Stars , and rankings never existed?

May 16, 2019, 12:58 PM

Imagine thinking that citing one of the top 5 programs in the country over the past two seasons is an actual example of recruiting rankings not mattering.

May 16, 2019, 4:50 PM

as much as how many 4&5*s a team has on it's roster-see BCR

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic