Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In what has become a annual tradition....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

In what has become a annual tradition....

Dec 31, 2018, 8:26 PM

....I wish you guys good luck (but not too much) on the coming championship against my team. Hopefully both teams leave with no injuries. I consider last year a bit of an outlier with KB at qb. With Laurence starting off good with only a few early season mistakes and having only gotten better (I expect him to be top 5 heisman talks to start the year next season) I think this game will be a much better showing for your team.

Also, congrats on beating Notre Dame. They do love going undefeated and then getting humiliated in the post season. Since I've watched your team throughout the year I don't really have too many questions. I feel that this year was a very down year for the ACC, much like last year was pretty much a dumpster fire for the SEC. As such, the injuries have been pretty limited for your team (and we're actually pretty healthy ourselves). The PAC12 is......I don't even know. I think they're about to disband.

Ah, also....I'm sure you guys enjoyed the.....whooping? That's really not strong enough word... that UVA gave USCe. I'm leading a campaign to get rid of them in exchange for UCF. I've got a lot of backers.

Roll Tide!.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the UCF for SCar is not a bad thought. I think Cootlumbia

Dec 31, 2018, 8:28 PM

Would declare a state of emergency if that happened.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would delight in Clemson replacing USuCk in the east.

Dec 31, 2018, 8:34 PM

The SECe has the kinetic energy to be the best division in football. UGA is a fine football team, if UcheaT and UFlop got straightened out then add Clemson minus USuCk, wow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would delight in Clemson replacing USuCk in the east.

Dec 31, 2018, 8:39 PM

The SECe has the kinetic energy to be the best division in football. UGA is a fine football team, if UcheaT and UFlop got straightened out then add Clemson minus USuCk, wow.

A lot of people really think Dan Mullen (new Florida HC this season, previously of Miss ST) will turn Florida around. Kirby smart is already making it happen at Georgia. That would be a crazy good rivalryish game with you two given proximity each season.

We'd lessen Bama's load in the SECCCG.

Dec 31, 2018, 11:20 PM

Cause we get the best players in Georgia if they're fit to behave properly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not so fast my friend, the SEC is stuck with the Coots...

Dec 31, 2018, 8:34 PM

...ya'll let em in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Not so fast my friend, the SEC is stuck with the Coots...

Dec 31, 2018, 8:41 PM

moab® said:

...ya'll let em in.

Dude, we've still got the receipt. We'll take store credit if the state isn't giving out refunds.

Dec 31, 2018, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Not so fast my friend, the SEC is stuck with the Coots... ]

They're worth keeping around if only for the boost in women's basketball they provide .
Serious cred is hard to come by .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 31, 2018, 9:05 PM

Tigerdug, you forgot to mention that the coots account for 95% of Bama gear sold during this time of the year.

I gotta ask...

Dec 31, 2018, 8:50 PM

What do you think when USuCk fans ride your coattails every year?...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I gotta ask...

Dec 31, 2018, 9:20 PM

GSCtiger said:

What do you think when USuCk fans ride your coattails every year?...

Brother, I am not gonna lie. I have, to this day, not met a USCe fan out in the wild. I mean that in all seriousness. The only exception is when passing through FT Jackson 20 years ago.

I'm sure you guys have heard the chants of "SEC" at different games. A lot of teams will pull for other SEC teams if it doesn't hurt them. For Alabama fans, there's a lot of hatred out there for a lot of SEC teams. Mizzou, Vandy, TAMU, and Kentucky might be the only teams where no ill will is felt. That 2010 beating USCe gave us still bugs me/us.

As such, let them eat cake. You can keep their heads on the guillotine. We'll watch.

Re: In what has become a annual tradition....

Dec 31, 2018, 8:55 PM

Here's pics from the field where a game was played tonight. Apparently it's a patchwork piece of crap. They plan on resodding the field in the next 24 hours. Hope it sets.

Message was edited by: Tattooguy21®

Please keep them in the SEC Vandy needs competition***

Dec 31, 2018, 8:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please keep them in the SEC Vandy needs competition***

Dec 31, 2018, 9:00 PM

Well played sir....well played.

Thanks for stopping by!

Dec 31, 2018, 9:12 PM

Good luck to you guys as well. We’re gonna have to bring our A game, you guys are pretty tough. Here’s to another injury free, classic showdown! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 9:27 PM

I enjoy playing the best.
Good luck this year and hope to see you next year.

Dec 31, 2018, 9:38 PM

I enjoy playing the best.
Good luck this year and hope to see you next year.

It is getting crazy. I'm trying to find out if any two teams (after 1936) had played in the "post season" at the championship level like ours have the past 4 years straight.

It really is a helluva time to be alive. Please take the advice not as bragging, but sincerity.

APPRECIATE THIS TIME IN YOUR SCHOOLS PROGRAM. Since Saban took over, you've seen his success. I remember being at the ND championship thinking, "wow, what a good run we had. It was fun while it lasted. Hopefully we can make a good bowl next year." Now I think back and it was all a blink of the eye. Dabo has changed the very fabric of Clemson. I mean, do you guys remember "clemsoning?" Seriously, how long ago does that seem now?

One day this run of ours will end and a dark, dark cloud will form over the state of Alabama. Find a way to appreciate and enjoy this time as much as you can while you can.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:04 PM

The first rule of T net is you don’t mention that wanna-be-word. You were killing it until just now!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 10:15 PM

I am sure you are crushed like we are that UGA fans are unhappy.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:50 PM

TAFC_5_81 said:

I am sure you are crushed like we are that UGA fans are unhappy.

Unofficial talk is that if we win it all this year, we'll give GA the trophy, declare them as co-champs, and let them stay up late.

It'll be a banner year for the bulldogs. But in all seriousness, I bear no ill will towards the bulldogs. I genuinely feel bad for the way they lost last year and then the cheesy Hollywood ending to the SEC championship this year. Georgia football teams DO NOT do well with leads at any level of football.

If I had to live with two losses like that in the same way, same team, same place.......####. I would start questioning my life choices....try to find a new sport or something.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: In what has become a annual tradition.... ]

The first rule of T net is you don’t mention that wanna-be-word. You were killing it until just now!!

My bad man.

Jan 1, 2019, 5:33 AM [ in reply to Re: In what has become a annual tradition.... ]

Was just thinking of that word yesterday. It does seem like an eternity since it was a headline but it was only a few years ago and look where we are now.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:15 PM

Sorry, but we are gonna put y'all on the ROY bus next Mon.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:55 PM

76clemson said:

Sorry, but we are gonna put y'all on the ROY bus next Mon.

I think Dabo has proven he's in the top of coaching. I'll be ready to drop him into the "greats" conversation after I get to see how he responds to the one thing he's yet to really face; turnover.

Not players mind you. His staff. People can hate Bama/Saban but the coaching turnover every year is more than some teams face in a 5 year period. I used to freak out every season as this OC left or that DC left, or last year when we lost both and THEN a few more coaches.

Dec 31, 2018, 11:03 PM

Not saying Saban is hard to work for,but our staff loves to stay here. BV et al have had many opportunities to leave and didn't.

Dec 31, 2018, 11:13 PM

76clemson said:

Not saying Saban is hard to work for,but our staff loves to stay here. BV et al have had many opportunities to leave and didn't.

I don't know if you heard, but Dabo is going to the Dolphins at the end of the season. ??

Dec 31, 2018, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Re: In what has become a annual tradition.... ]

Many didn't think Dabo would do well after losing Chad Morris as OC. That worked out pretty well. He's lost other assistants--not at the same rate as Saban--but give him credit for making the correct hires so far.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 31, 2018, 11:11 PM

Many didn't think Dabo would do well after losing Chad Morris as OC. That worked out pretty well. He's lost other assistants--not at the same rate as Saban--but give him credit for making the correct hires so far.

I really give him the most credit for the retention. Like the other guy said, BV has been there a hot second and people have been trying to rip him away for years. I think that's a very unique skill set in an industry where everyone is always trying to "move on up."

That says a lot about Dabo.***

Dec 31, 2018, 11:16 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 31, 2018, 10:39 PM

No doubt yall are a great team BUT I just want to add that I think our lack of injuries really doesn’t have anything to do with our schedule. No offense, but we don’t play a lot of head hunting teams like Bama and other SEC programs. Maybe Syracuse and occasionally NC State? For the most part ACC schools play a pretty clean game and don’t go out to intentionally hurt opposing players.

Dec 31, 2018, 10:58 PM

CASDM9901 said:

No offense, but we don’t play a lot of head hunting teams like Bama and other SEC programs. Maybe Syracuse and occasionally NC State? For the most part ACC schools play a pretty clean game and don’t go out to intentionally hurt opposing players.

Is that really how the SEC/Bama in particular is viewed? I mean that with no sarcasm. I mean, everyone likes big hits, and I'll say I was more than a little angry when every game you normally see defences try to hit the QB hard or force a fumble all of a sudden diving, DIVING at ankles of a known injured Tua as he stood in the pocket.

But I considered that the exception rather than the rule.

Dec 31, 2018, 11:05 PM

Well, I’ll say I see it much more often in the SEC teams than I do other conferences. The shots on Tua are a good example, as are some of the shots delivered on Watson in 2016 and the one I saw on the OK QB Saturday where they tried to rip his head off.

I’m all for big hits but yes, SEC teams, including Bama, often take it into the intentional territory.

Dec 31, 2018, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: In what has become a annual tradition.... ]

That;s football ___ it's a mean azzzzzz game and always has been --- if you can't play with the big dogs -- stay on the ROY BUS !!!

GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 31, 2018, 11:18 PM

There is a diffence between playing physical/big hits and intentionally trying to hurt someone. Sorry, there is no room for that in any game.

Re: In what has become a annual tradition....***

Dec 31, 2018, 11:19 PM

I completely agree. There's no room for guys trying to hurt and essentially end a kids career. I know the hit you're receiving on DW4 and I was in the stands with fellow Bama fans as we sat, pretty disgusted with that display.

Message was edited by: Tattooguy21®

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic