Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In regards to recruiting...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

In regards to recruiting...

Jan 16, 2019, 12:31 PM

The only team that should be our contemporary is Alabama. With our body of work continuing to outshine most, these recruits have to want to be a part of this team’s future. I think the gap between us and almost everyone else(except Alabama) is only going to widen. Just my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In regards to recruiting...

Jan 16, 2019, 12:35 PM

Your assumption is that all recruits make good decisions and make those decisions for the right reasons.

Also we have a limited roster and there are tons of elite players coming out of high school every year.

If we continue to keep our gap, it will be due to coaching, player development, and focused players.

We will not run away with the talent gap from UGA, OSU, Texas A&M, and other perennial recruiting powers.

Jan 16, 2019, 12:38 PM

I absolutely think we will land our best class yet next cycle

Precision Strikes vs. Carpet Bombing

Jan 16, 2019, 12:47 PM

You have to remember Dabo and Co. don't carpet bomb the best recruits out there and once they get enough they turn down all but the elite of the elite. No; our staff is more precision strike oriented. We target specific kids and only offer the kids who "fit in" around here.
So every year, Bama and especially Ohio St. may get some guys "we didn't even want" who are higher rated than the guy we got coming in "ON PURPOSE"!
So, what your saying may never happen; but we will be fine with the kids they bring in. They tend to only get kids who don't have that: "i'm good so give me everything w/o me working for it" mentality! I am thankful we don't have those type kids on our team. If the talent disparity is close enough; the harder worker can still and does often still win!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Precision Strikes vs. Carpet Bombing

Jan 16, 2019, 12:52 PM

I agree. Dabo is very selective, taking kids with great character that are also good football players.

Excellent Analogy***

Jan 16, 2019, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Precision Strikes vs. Carpet Bombing ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Excellent Analogy***

Jan 16, 2019, 6:26 PM

Country Gentleman® Thanks!

I love the way the program is run from top to bottom. When Tajh and Sammy and Deandre were here you could tell, "Clemson players had a lot of the same attributes" to include being unbelievably humble young men. Everyone behind the scenes too all seem to be a certain "high character" type you trust out the gate. Very few character issues - not sure how Chad Kelley made it - but nobody is perfect all the time. It's just another layer of good teams/programs trying to emulate the Tigers would have to perfect before they can replicate the success! B/C it's not just "one thing"!

It's a perfect gumbo and Dabo isn't giving out the recipe, LOL!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 6:30 PM

We too deep!

The gap you assume isn't true..

Jan 16, 2019, 6:37 PM

There are probably 6-10 teams equal in talent

Bama
Clemson
Uga
Florida
Florida St
Lsu
Ohio st
Oklahoma
Michigan
Texas
USC

Once talent is level, it comes down to coaching and execution.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic