Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Imperative that Clemson starts fast....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Imperative that Clemson starts fast....

Jan 6, 2019, 8:44 AM

There have been a few games this year where you guys started slow (Notre Dame was an example). I think you can't do that against Bama. They have tended to come out of the gate firing on all cylinders, and bury teams early. Clemson has to be ready to match that in 1Q or you'll be behind by 2 TD's before you know what hit you.

Clemson has the talent & coaching to hang with Bama, as you've seen in previous years. This year is no different, except Bama is more of an offensive team with Tua. And the loss of Dexter Lawrence will be felt in this game more than it was felt against ND.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Imperative that Clemson starts fast....

Jan 6, 2019, 8:54 AM

Nearly every game starts slow. We often score few points in the first quarter and then explode in th4 second quarter. I think our scripted plays aren’t very good but then we adjust very well. So if we drop behind early, which is likely given the fact that Bama has scored a TD on the opening drive of 13 out of 14 games this season, I wouldn’t panic.

Jan 6, 2019, 9:32 AM

Just need your defense to hold up until your offense starts to click, if that's the case.

Jan 6, 2019, 1:48 PM

Equally or more important that Bama not start fast

Jan 6, 2019, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Imperative that Clemson starts fast.... ]

Interesting stat about Bama. Didn’t realize this. Hopefully our defense will step up quickly and prevent an early score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson comes out with scripted first 28 plays and do not change for anything

Jan 6, 2019, 9:38 AM

Those 28 plays will be run and the other team evaluated, after that the adjustments are made. So what looks like a slow start really does have method. I just found this out myself and it was an eye opener.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that might cost is the game. 28 is way too many

Jan 6, 2019, 2:01 PM

We need to come out like we did against NC state and work the quick passing game early.

Trevor needs to have the ability to check off of ###### as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 12:26 PM

Our 2nd quarter has been the game-changer for us this season .
I don't know the stats nor care to research 'em , but it's been that second quarter where we've exploded in most of our games .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 6, 2019, 12:28 PM

We went down to them 14-0 in the Championship we won 2 years ago . ( Gosh... 2 years has passed ?)
Turned out alright .

DB23

we may have won but getting yourself into a 14 point hole

Jan 6, 2019, 2:03 PM

Is a terrible way to win a ball game.

Jan 6, 2019, 12:58 PM

I'll pretty much buy that...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playing catchup in the 2016 Natty wasn't much fun

Jan 6, 2019, 2:34 PM

I always prefer an early lead that never is in jeopardy. Lucky for you that you'll probably enjoy this game more than us Clemson folk.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was nerve racking until that final drive. I just knew we

Jan 6, 2019, 5:42 PM

Had em on the ropes.

For me it wasn't over at the TD...

Jan 6, 2019, 6:08 PM

...my heart could not believe my eyes. Then I worried about the extra point....then I worried about the kickoff....then when we did a tricky onsides kick my heart was still beating way too fast. Only when, ONLY WHEN the ref reviewed everything and declared us as having possession of the ball for the final ticks did I celebrate.

And, months later even though I knew we won the game whenever I saw reruns of the famous DW to HR touchdown pass I still was nervous thinking "oh crap, what if he had dropped it"...I was still getting ill thinking about it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 2:56 PM

Can’t start our offense backed up inside the 15 yard line on every possession. Fair catch the daggum kickoff and start at the 25. It will mean the world of difference in play options

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How we finish is more important

Jan 6, 2019, 9:18 PM

How we finish is more important than how we start.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic