Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As much as it pains me to say this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

As much as it pains me to say this

Jun 17, 2012, 4:15 PM

if we stay in the ACC every Clemson fans needs to pull for the schools in the conference. I have never done this but the reality is the SEC does it and look where it's gotten them. I hate every school in this conference with the exception of maybe BC and Georgia Tech which I'm just indifferent to. If we are staying put we have to hope UNC, VT, Maryland, FSU and the others do well or we will not be able to reach the greatness that our program is capable of achieving. I don't like being dependent on the other schools to elevate us but the conference reputation needs to improve for us to always be in the national championship mix. We are starting to move in that direction and I don't want us to get pulled down by the others.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt that.....

Jun 17, 2012, 4:28 PM

pulling for the other teams in conference or against them has anything to do with their success or failure. I've pulled against UNC and Duke in basketball for years and they have won championships. I've pulled in a few individual cases for ACC teams to do well against their SEC rivals, but with mixed results.
If we win games, we will have opportunities to play for a championship, just like we always have.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But we do need our fellow conference members to do

Jun 17, 2012, 7:43 PM

well to get the TV money we need. Clemson succeeding without the rest of the conference doing well won't be enough to get the big TV deal we need.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I pull for them then they will win more games than if

Jun 17, 2012, 9:59 PM

I don't pull for them. I am powerful like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, pull in one hand and...

Jun 17, 2012, 4:40 PM

in the other...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope they do well except when we play them for the sake

Jun 17, 2012, 4:46 PM

of the conference image. That doesn't mean I'll "pull" for them. That implies some kind of emotional loyalty or affinity which just isn't there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the way I see it.

Jun 17, 2012, 4:54 PM

I have to pick a team to enjoy a football game. I always pick Clemson, whoever is playing USuCk or the underdog all in that order. I find almost no emotions in the third tier of selections.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you....or at least we should not rejoice when they

Jun 17, 2012, 5:02 PM

lose. It's insane to criticize the ACC for being weak while at the same time pulling for all the ACC teams except Clemson to lose.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't believe it's so hard for people to realize that.***

Jun 17, 2012, 5:03 PM

null

Message was edited by: luckyj®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

You would think it would be as easy as 1-2-3 but

Jun 17, 2012, 8:08 PM

some people just can't seem to figure it out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, me wanting other ACC teams to win will actually

Jun 17, 2012, 5:24 PM

help them win? Man, I have POWER!

Re: As much as it pains me to say this

Jun 17, 2012, 6:17 PM

Fans pulling for other schools doesn't help a bit.

I will of course pull for us,

Jun 17, 2012, 7:06 PM

And I will probably pull for every acc team when they play a non conference opponent this year. To be honest, if fsu or vt or whoever besides us is making a run near the end of the year, like us vt or fsu being undefeated, we should really pull for them to go undefeated and get a natty title bid.

Re: As much as it pains me to say this

Jun 17, 2012, 7:10 PM

pulling for or not, if the intra conference foes suck, the winner of said conference reaps the results. There's a reason Boise St. hasn't played for a MNC

Never pulling for GT,BC,VT,NCST or UNC

Jun 17, 2012, 7:11 PM

Sorry!

When UNC and the rest of the lot get the same punishments

Jun 17, 2012, 8:01 PM

they handed down to us in 82....then i will consider pulling for them....until then f-em

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Only if Swofford leaves and a neutral commissioner comes in

Jun 17, 2012, 8:16 PM

The ACC has proven itself to be the Anti-Clemson Conference since the 1980s. They will have to prove that they value Clemson before I pull for the ACC. Currently the ACC is ruled by and for Tobacco road, so they can kiss my ###.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our pulling dont make a difference. The sec teams are better

Jun 17, 2012, 9:05 PM

because ESPN bought them and they have fans. The ACC only has three schools with fb fans, CU, VT, and FSU.
The sec has 8 teams that avg nearly 80,000.

Money and TV matters. Not our pulling!
Fire Swofford!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

US (Clemson), FSU, VaTech, GTech, WF !!!!, and ...

Jun 17, 2012, 9:49 PM

coming on strong, UVa! ... are now the "elite" Football programs in the ACC... Clemson is by far the strongest... surely in the next several years we will put the ACC "back on the map" and this "SEC this, SEC that" talk will be a "big yawner".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic