Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m tired of this whole UCF controversy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I’m tired of this whole UCF controversy

Jan 1, 2019, 1:49 PM

They could still win this game but until the playoff goes to 8 teams, there is little chance of this team being in the Top 4. Their arrogance in refusing several offers by UF to play a 2 for 1 series shows theyre not willing to do the necessary steps to improve their schedule. Week in and week out they don’t play the level of competition worthy of their assumed importance. I hope LSU destroys them, break their spirit and sends them back to Disney World where they can live in Fantasyland.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clemson had an easy schedule too

Jan 1, 2019, 1:51 PM

You can have an easy schedule and still be a good team.

I don’t see the controversy. Let them enjoy their success and fake titles like Bama. It doesn’t impact me at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: clemson had an easy schedule too

Jan 1, 2019, 2:20 PM

Ask West Virginia, Temple, & Memphis if our opponents are easy. We do get a pass in playing the gamecocks, yeah, but our schedule isn't as easy as you would be let to believe.

Most years you’re correct, not this year.***

Jan 1, 2019, 2:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: clemson had an easy schedule too

Jan 1, 2019, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: clemson had an easy schedule too ]

We’re obviously a great team, but when you have to use wins by our opponents over Memphis, Temple, and WV without their starting QB as examples to support a tough schedule, then the schedule wasn’t very tough.

The difference though is we wouldn’t need to come from behind to beat Memphis by 1 point the way UCF did.

We played 1 1/2 SEC teams more than UCF***

Jan 1, 2019, 2:23 PM [ in reply to clemson had an easy schedule too ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL I see what you did there, nice LOL

Jan 1, 2019, 2:44 PM

and about to play 3 since Alabama takes up the slack for that team that represents 1/2...

Re: I’m tired of this whole UCF controversy

Jan 1, 2019, 1:55 PM

I heard a talking head discuss UCF’s reason for turning the 2 for 1 with UF. His reasoning was they don’t have the consistent recruiting needed to win these types of games year in and year out. However; by staying the course they can keep the constant debate alive about the four team playoff and also keep their brand relevant due to the debate. Why else would your turn the type of high caliber regular season games that would help build a playoff resume and then complain that nobody will play you? I don’t feel sorry for these guys at all.

Jan 1, 2019, 2:32 PM

That’s probably true, but is exactly why I’m tired of them. They want to keep playing nobody to keep winning, and then they brag that the reason they play nobody is because everyone is too scared to schedule them.

Jan 1, 2019, 1:55 PM

Offering them a 2 for 1 series is belittling them. They have accomplished more than florida in the last 5 years. Treat them as equals if florida thinks they are that good give them a home and home. I don't blame UCF. They would beat florida.

The Knights were not offered a true 2 for 1 . . .

Jan 1, 2019, 2:03 PM

FU offered two games at The Swamp for . . .

One game at a neutral site in the Orlando area, where the "gate" would be split.

I don't blame them for turning it down.

Jan 1, 2019, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m tired of this whole UCF controversy ]

FL does not need UCF, however UCF desperately needs them. If you want to play with the big boys, then you have to accept their terms.

Jan 1, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m tired of this whole UCF controversy ]

They currently aren’t doing very well against a team Florida smacked around.

Jan 1, 2019, 2:07 PM

They should have put UCF against Florida instead of kakies, would have been a great bowl game.

I think they are fixing to get quiet.***

Jan 1, 2019, 2:22 PM

Jan 1, 2019, 2:24 PM

Then have a separate national title for the teams that aren’t worthy.

Name another sport where a team can win all their games but still not play for a championship....

You can’t do it.

There is no controversy.***

Jan 1, 2019, 2:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic