Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm sure not many will agree but Watson shouldn't play again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I'm sure not many will agree but Watson shouldn't play again

Nov 20, 2014, 11:17 PM

I'm sure not many will agree but Watson shouldn't play again this season. There's no way he'll be near
to being 100%. Losing to the "team down state" again will suck but losing Watson for any part of the 2015 season would suck a whole lot worse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure not many will agree but Watson shouldn't play again

Nov 20, 2014, 11:19 PM

His injury is like an ankle sprain. Would u suggest sitting a player for the year because of that.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:20 PM

Have you read anything at all about his injury? I'm assuming you haven't, because if you had, you'd know its a grade 1 sprain on his LCL and it is entirely possible for him to play vs. SC.

We wouldn't be "risking his health" if he plays. We would, however, be risking Cole's mental health if he doesn't.

I think I'll go with what the medical professionals say.***

Nov 20, 2014, 11:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo!***

Nov 20, 2014, 11:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, that is down right insane.***

Nov 20, 2014, 11:45 PM [ in reply to I think I'll go with what the medical professionals say.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson and his doctors will decide when.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:21 PM

Watson is a player. He wants to play. If he is cleared and feeling good, he will play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:22 PM

If he is cleared to play be the medical staff he absolutely should play. He should wear a knee brace but he should play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know about you, but I am not qualified

Nov 20, 2014, 11:22 PM

to make that decision. If there is little or know risk to playing him according to the medical experts, why shouldn't he play?

Little or NO risk I meant***

Nov 20, 2014, 11:25 PM

Jump on in. None of us are qualified at all, but we let it

Nov 20, 2014, 11:25 PM [ in reply to I don't know about you, but I am not qualified ]

flow like the best experts in whatever topic comes up. We do what we do!

When has being qualified come into play before posting?***

Nov 20, 2014, 11:33 PM [ in reply to I don't know about you, but I am not qualified ]

If he's healed he should stay

Nov 20, 2014, 11:23 PM

put a brace on him if they have too, just don't run him too much. SC only had 8 sacks going into last week on the season so even with how bad our ol is they could still keep protected.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nov 20, 2014, 11:32 PM

To me the LCL is an issue but not the biggest one. You can wear a brace to protect that. The most concerning is the " deep bone bruise". I've had one of these and it took much longer than two weeks to be back to normal and I was just doing normal life things not trying to lead a team from the most important position on the field in what most consider the biggest most pressure packed game of the season.

If the doctors clear him then he should play but we won't get the same Deshaun we are used to.

See David's article

Nov 20, 2014, 11:35 PM

Could still be pretty good even with limited mobility to his left....

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Its-Elementary-My-Dear-Watson-13273

Re: See David's article

Nov 20, 2014, 11:46 PM

My opinion is you play him if cleared by the doctors. You don't run him. And to give him more protection, add a 6th lineman (Crowder). Let Gallman and Dye handle all the running. I tell you what, we really could burn SC if Watson is really able to run and he has been passing the ball all night, using play action and such, using Gallman behind Crowder and using the toss sweep with Scott. Then toward the end of the game say we are at the 50 or so and we have 3 receivers sprint down the field and Watson gets in the pocket, he then tucks it and runs for about 20 and takes in out of bunds. Maybe add in some wildcat to spell him a little. By no means do we bring Cole into this game if Watson has been risking his health to get us the victory. In a game with SC, Cole could come in and absolutely destroy our momentum.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like all of that

Nov 20, 2014, 11:53 PM

I really just wouldnt even want to see DW get flushed out of pocket to his left.

To his right might be ok - planting/cutting on the other leg.

But yep - we have to establish the LOS. Physical all night. Would love to see Wayne pop a hundred and Dye bowl over a few chickens.

Nov 21, 2014, 12:25 AM [ in reply to Re: See David's article ]

I'm afraid that'll happen (Cole in the game). I feel like it doesn't matter who the coaches start- Cole will still play.

Or- I'm afraid they will start Cole and have the "we will bring in Watson if
we need him" crap like the WF game.

Nov 21, 2014, 1:23 AM

I know I will get flamed for this, but if Watson plays some or most of the game and Dabo brings in Cole and he does something like throw a pick 6 that ends up costing us the game, Cole will, not maybe, will go down as the most despised Tiger ever. There will be plenty of people who will say, " not me, he is a Tiger and I'm "all in"". Trust me, he will not be liked at all. Dabo needs to coach this game like it is a national championship game. If he starts Cole and Watson has been cleared he needs his head checked,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson plays

Nov 21, 2014, 2:08 AM

Enough said, we need the motivation and added momentum spark he provides!!!!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic