Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm already upset about the play calling.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 2,419

I'm already upset about the play calling.

Aug 29, 2019, 8:40 AM

It will be too vanilla. We won't move the ball as well as I think we should, and our OCs won't be innovative enough. It was a mistake for Dabo to promote them. We should be running more tight end sets like we did our trip to the National Championship game following the 2015 season. We'll run TL too much, and I don't think any of our coaches have ever even heard of a full back. ETN should get the ball at least every other play. If we don't spread the ball around, some of our 5 stars will look to transfer. It seems we do this every single year. When are our coaches going to learn? We'll be lucky to make a bowl game.

It was a nice run while it lasted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You forgot "Not nearly enough bubble screens on 3rd

Aug 29, 2019, 8:42 AM

and long".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm already upset about the play calling.

Aug 29, 2019, 8:43 AM

We aren't going to show Bama everything we have this early in the year. That said, I am also angry.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we're not up 14-0 after the opening drive

Aug 29, 2019, 8:45 AM

I'm burning my season tickets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't even know who you are anymore.

Aug 29, 2019, 8:46 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I don’t even care who he is anymore.***

Aug 29, 2019, 9:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

That makes all of us.

Aug 29, 2019, 9:13 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Aug 29, 2019, 8:51 AM

Hilarious!

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ POTD!***

Aug 29, 2019, 8:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Aug 29, 2019, 8:53 AM

Aug 29, 2019, 8:55 AM

it's reverse psychology, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2019, 8:56 AM

It was a nice run while it lasted.

Yes, I agree. It's a shame. The season is not worth playing. Let's just cancel tonight's game! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We prolly shouldve talked to pawl Johnson about doing some consultant work

Aug 29, 2019, 8:57 AM

During the offseason

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm looking forward to the comments on punting!

Aug 29, 2019, 9:01 AM

If Spiers just put his leg into a little more he'd hit 60 yard punts every time! And, holy cow, look at Ray Guy out there for Tech!

Much to my dismay, Spiers is still the starter...

Aug 29, 2019, 9:06 AM

which tells us all we need to know about the competition at punter during the off-season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Got one!

Aug 29, 2019, 9:16 AM

As an aside, I sat behind the Spiers family last season in section UL. I didn't realize it until half way through the season. It was bad... very bad. You'd have Spiers trot out on the field and nearly everyone groaned. Then he'd flub a 20 yard kick and people just lost their minds.

He may be an absolute stud in practice. But the game performance is not good. And, I agree with you... if he's still starting, how bad are the other guys?

Apparently...

Aug 29, 2019, 9:28 AM

the new kid (Aiden Swanson) didn't quite live-up to expectations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give Spyers a break - he's practicing fakes

Aug 29, 2019, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Got one! ]

If Clemson is cruising...

Aug 29, 2019, 9:02 AM

there's no need to really open-up the playbook (on either side of the ball).

Save it for A&M and don't give them anything more to study.

^^^This guy gets it!^^^

Aug 29, 2019, 9:14 AM

In reponse to yesterday's post, What will Impress you...

Aug 29, 2019, 9:05 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/If-the-board-doesnt-meltdown-with-a-temper-tantrum-25852455#25852455

Aug 29, 2019, 9:08 AM

You forgot mention that DW4 called all the plays and was the reason why our offenses were so good.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

FOUL!!

Aug 29, 2019, 9:09 AM

No mention of not being able to get the ACCN on your current TV network provider.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 29, 2019, 9:10 AM

Oh my - it sounds like some guys have been tasting the rat poison all off season! We all need to stay focused to get through this.

Aug 29, 2019, 9:10 AM

I can see by all of thumbs up you are getting that just about everyone is frustrated with the play calling. This season isnt off to the start we all expected. SMDH at the play calling.

Aug 29, 2019, 9:14 AM

It’s the refs, they are obviously bought and paid for with GT money

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, they haven't had any money since we stole D-Rad

Aug 29, 2019, 9:23 AM

Everyone just hates winners.

Forgot to add piped in music, band size & metal detectors*****

Aug 29, 2019, 9:31 AM

Aug 29, 2019, 10:52 AM

In no particular order:

Why aren’t we getting the ball to Higgins?

Why can’t Overton get open like Renfrow?

Why can’t we get the ball to Ross?

We abandoned the running game too soon.

Don’t we ever run the jet sweep any more?

Trevor has to keep it on the zone read some to keep them honest.

Why are we exposing our Heisman QB on runs? Don’t we have a Heisman running back for 3rd/4th and short?

Why don’t we ever run a screen to slow down their pass rush?

Why aren’t we hitting deep seam routes to stretch the D?

Where is the tight end in the red zone?

And one specially for the D:

Why can’t Venables get the call in quicker? We’re not even lined up!

Thank you.

Aug 29, 2019, 1:32 PM

I will add these to my list of things to complain about.

I’m embarrassed for you right now.***

Aug 29, 2019, 11:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: I’m embarrassed for you right now.***

Aug 29, 2019, 11:02 AM

I'm not sure that gif means what you think it means***

Aug 29, 2019, 1:34 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Aug 29, 2019, 11:03 AM

Hopefully our coaches were smart enough in the off-season to consult with the two guys that sit behind me to understand what all they did wrong last lear.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 2,419
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic