Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm glad to see our basketball program offering a talented
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,017

I'm glad to see our basketball program offering a talented

Jun 17, 2019, 11:35 AM

hs player. We need a few more of these.

https://twitter.com/jabarismithll/status/1140616258083270656

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Offering a player is the easy part - getting them to sign...

Jun 17, 2019, 11:53 AM

a LOI is completely different. THAT'S what we need to do to actually bring some of these talented players into our program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree but we’ve got to recruit them before they’ll

Jun 17, 2019, 1:38 PM

sign the loi. I’m happy to acknowledge baby steps.

Is this a troll attempt?

Jun 17, 2019, 12:07 PM

We offer talented high school players all the time. In fact, we sign some of them too. Look at the ratings and offers of our signees these last few recruiting cycles if you don't believe me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

No trolling, I rarely see us recruit top

Jun 17, 2019, 1:36 PM

hs players. It was meant as a compliment. This guy looks like a great prospect.

Thanks for clarifying.

Jun 18, 2019, 11:29 PM

We actually offer top talent every year.

Recently, we offered and were in the final group for 5 star Zion Williamson, the top recruit in 2018. For the 2019 class, we offered and were in the final group for 5 star Josiah James. Also in 2019, we offered 4-5 star Christian Brown. Both were top 30 prospects.

We are also in contention for some top 50 players in both the 2020 and 2021 class. Hopefully we will land at least one of them. The tide is starting to turn for us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Judge, you really are the eternal roundball optimist. I can

Jun 19, 2019, 9:01 AM

only hope you are right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Optimism is good

Jun 20, 2019, 4:11 PM

We need more of it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I'll have some of what hes smoking...***

Jun 20, 2019, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Thanks for clarifying. ]

Gee whiz, this board has made you really thin-skinned***

Jun 19, 2019, 1:13 AM [ in reply to Is this a troll attempt? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not thin-skinned.

Jun 19, 2019, 12:36 PM

As someone who follows our basketball recruiting, it is obvious to me that we recruit and offer top prospects all the time. It wasn't unreasonable to question that, especially with all of the sarcastic posts on here regularly.

Thanks for your post though, it really provided a substantial contribution to the board.

Ok, now you're just being a jerk

Jun 20, 2019, 3:32 PM

You are literally the only person who would have interpreted the OP in a negative light, and you jumped all over the guy for it

I am a CBB supporter, and I have stood up for you personally on numerous occasions over the past couple years here. Maybe I will reconsider next time

Go Tiger BBall!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh?

Jun 20, 2019, 4:41 PM

I don't think I "jumped all over the guy." I actually asked him if he was trolling, rather than assuming that he was. He said he wasn't trolling, and I believe him.

Re: I'm glad to see our basketball program offering a talented

Jun 19, 2019, 1:26 AM

I think we have always offered talented players from HS. We just dont land them.

Not sure why anyone would think that Clemson never offers

Jun 19, 2019, 9:26 AM

... the top players.

Everyone “offers” the top players. But only a few select programs can legitimately expect to sign them.

There is a big difference between simply making an offer and recklessly pursuing guys you have no chance of signing while perhaps neglecting the ones who want to play for Clemson.

There is only so much time and so many resources available to a coaching staff and they have to use them wisely.

This could be a reflection of Clemson as a program, or Brownell as a coach. Or both.

Nevertheless, it’s reality.

Remember, Rick Barnes brought the program to a stage where he assumed he could offer and sign the very best players. A couple of years later, he quit on Clemson *arguably* because he discovered he was wrong.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,017
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic