Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love Stephen A. Smith
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

I love Stephen A. Smith

Sep 3, 2018, 11:15 AM

Dude is by far the most entertaining talking head in sports. He's all over Saban this morning.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love Stephen A. Smith

Sep 3, 2018, 11:29 AM

I hate Saban but he was right here. I get tired of the pointed questions trying to trip people up and get sound bytes and web clicks. No one watches to get reporters opinions or what they can spin a simple answer into.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1) It was different question than "who the starter will be".

Sep 3, 2018, 12:50 PM

2) It doesn't matter how many times it gets asked, he's a representative of the university, and is paid quite well to do such and thus should have acted accordingly.

3) It wasn't WHAT he said, it's HOW he said it. The over-the-top emotionally charged rant comes off as some kinda tyrant trying to bully the media. As Paul Finebaum said, "he's just a coach".

Of course, I know all of this is true b/c he wouldn't have called Maria Taylor afterwards and apologized for no reason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 11:35 AM

Smith should have been fired when ESPN cleaned house recently. He just talks loud and acts like he knows stuff. ESPN did not want to deal with the Race Card again. Hill was enough to finally resolve.

Sep 3, 2018, 11:37 AM

btw: I meant to add, I'm glad Saban finally told someone to shut up about it. Let's play football. I like Maria and she is just doing her job, so maybe her bosses need to cool their jets about this subject. They're just obnoxious IMO.

Sep 3, 2018, 12:42 PM

If the media can’t ask about the situation at QB what can they ask about?

But he will still pick Al-a-bam-a to win it all.***

Sep 3, 2018, 11:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But he will still pick Al-a-bam-a to win it all.***

Sep 3, 2018, 11:42 AM

ESPN has been playing the race game for a long time. You only see one characteristic in the people they lay off or fire. This is what this world of politically correctness has evolved into. Sad state of affairs for T.V. networks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 12:00 PM

What is that one characteristic you speak of?

Sep 3, 2018, 2:01 PM

Da be white

Sep 3, 2018, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: But he will still pick Al-a-bam-a to win it all.*** ]

2000® said:

ESPN has been playing the race game for a long time. You only see one characteristic in the people they lay off or fire. This is what this world of politically correctness has evolved into. Sad state of affairs for T.V. networks.

You're scared to say what you think and you are anonymous. Say what you mean.

Sep 3, 2018, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: But he will still pick Al-a-bam-a to win it all.*** ]

You mean outside of Darren Haynes, Reese Waters, and Calvin Watkins just to name a few? Is your issue just that a few black people actually get to hosts some shows now? I’m not really getting the point you’re trying to make.

Shocking revelation.***

Sep 3, 2018, 11:47 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shocking revelation.***

Sep 3, 2018, 11:51 AM

Saban makes over 7 million a year coaching football. A very large portion of that income is due to the television deals. Part of the deal with TV dictating when and where games are played to maximize revenue is access to the coaches during and after games. Saban is completely wrong for attacking a question from a reporter. The fact coaches have sideline interviews during a games sometimes blows my mind, but illustrates how much TV controls the game. He has a QB controversy and he should expect to get questions about it, handle it like a professional and not attack the hand that feeds him.

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shocking revelation.***

Sep 3, 2018, 12:29 PM

THIS ***

I'm sorry for you***

Sep 3, 2018, 11:52 AM

I don't understand people who care about what he says.

Sep 3, 2018, 12:03 PM

Why do people watch shows in which two loud-mouths force arguments about sports topics all day? I can't see the enjoyment factor in it.

The dude is paid to find things to be upset about. And people buy it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand people who care about what he says.

Sep 3, 2018, 12:43 PM

The only place I watch loudmouth Smith is Sports Clips when I get a haircut. Otherwise I switch channels when he appears because he doesn’t have a clue how to professionally conduct himself. I could say more, but won’t.

ESPN would do well to send him elsewhere. He would be perfect on sports radio just to hear himself rant while nobody gave a crap.

Re: I don't understand people who care about what he says.

Sep 3, 2018, 12:44 PM [ in reply to I don't understand people who care about what he says. ]

So it’s kind of like this board on TV...

Exactly. The guy reminds me of JHop except JHop doesn’t get paid to do it.***

Sep 3, 2018, 7:04 PM [ in reply to I don't understand people who care about what he says. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You list me at “I love Stephen A. Smith”

Sep 3, 2018, 1:31 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 3, 2018, 1:48 PM

The way I see it, he is payed to talk and stir up controversy wherever he can, thereby creating yet more talk. The part that doesn’t sit right with me is that he has ripped off Howard Cosell’s shtick. Watch him and listen, it’s ALL Howard Cosell.

Sep 3, 2018, 1:48 PM

The way I see it, he is payed to talk and stir up controversy wherever he can, thereby creating yet more talk. The part that doesn’t sit right with me is that he has ripped off Howard Cosell’s shtick. Watch him and listen, it’s ALL Howard Cosell.

Gumby. I wrote my post before reading yours ...

Sep 3, 2018, 1:55 PM

Well, great minds think a lot and all that ... at least in the case of Stephen A. Smith following Howard Cosell's schtick … Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stephen A. Smith is a talented and controversial provocateur

Sep 3, 2018, 1:52 PM

He is an egotist which is fine by me, and he fashions himself after Howard Cosell. His bombastic style is a courteous nod to Mr. Cosell. And his blackness is very important to him but usually not at the expense of his honest and usually studied perspective. I respect the guy even though I turn the channel on some of his sermons and rants.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Said nobody EVER !***

Sep 3, 2018, 2:11 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll take “Sentences people never say” for $1000, Alex...***

Sep 3, 2018, 5:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic