Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Myfitnesspal question for you skinny #######
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 332

Myfitnesspal question for you skinny #######

Jan 18, 2019, 10:50 AM

I'm using the pedometer on Samsung Health and linking that to myfitness pal. Yesterday I took over 10,000 steps and that doesn't include rubbing out a paycheck.

None of these burnt calories are going into myfitnesspal.

After I eat a #### and drink bleach, How do I get the pedometer to start giving back calories on my goal intake so I can drink more beer?

FYT:

Image result for exercise

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

If you fart the load out within 3 minutes you should be fine

Jan 18, 2019, 10:51 AM

KYS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

click on steps option in mfp.

Jan 18, 2019, 10:56 AM

then click samsung health.
i used google fit and that work.
you do have to register on both apps tho

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have that done already.

Jan 18, 2019, 10:59 AM

but it doesn't count it as exercise to credit the calories back

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

works on mine. try google fit

Jan 18, 2019, 11:05 AM

it doesnt update right away. but will update during the day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So here's the thing with Myfitnesspal and steps.

Jan 18, 2019, 11:05 AM

It expects you to take a certain number of steps each day. If you have 10,000 set as your goal, it's figuring 10k steps is the norm for you, so it's not giving you exercise credit for calories when you're doing what it thinks is your normal routine.

The optional setting in Fitness pal is to actually deduct allowed calories if you aren't doing your minimum. That would discourage most people so by default it's switched off.

If you do a ton of steps one day....more than normal, you could just enter "walking for x minutes" as an exercise and get calories credited.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I the only one who fails to see the point in any of this?

Jan 18, 2019, 11:15 AM

Do we just feel like monitoring everything?

When I've always tried to think of new ideas that I could get rich off of, I'm always trying to solve a problem. I may be looking at this the totally wrong way, perhaps I should be trying to come up with something totally pointless instead. Maybe an app to track how much you're petting your dog? Or determining the day to day degradation of your shoe soles?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you might be on to something...

Jan 18, 2019, 11:40 AM

1. Make a brush that slides over a smartphone.
2. Pet dog/cat/dong
3. Count strokes
4. ?????
5. Profit

Compete with friends!***

Jan 18, 2019, 11:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm thinking we can probably be rich by tomorrow afternoon***

Jan 18, 2019, 11:46 AM

6 months later....Every dog you see at a brewery looks like

Jan 18, 2019, 11:59 AM

this:

You were sooooo close.

Jan 18, 2019, 12:06 PM [ in reply to you might be on to something... ]

Why not make it a fleshlight phone case that, well, counts strokes?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I set low expectations that way I am surprised when I reach

Jan 18, 2019, 11:37 AM [ in reply to So here's the thing with Myfitnesspal and steps. ]

them. My goal is 6K and 60 minutes of activity. I reached that by 9 am this morning.... on a day I wasn't going to do ####....

one ####### email

You are already well versed at setting low expectations***

Jan 18, 2019, 11:47 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're fat, just run a mile. ONE mile PER LIGHT beer

Jan 18, 2019, 5:34 PM

Run 6 miles and you can drink a 6-pack of Bud Light, or maybe 2 real craft beers. Depressing really when you realize how few calories drop off from exercise versus just eating less.

All depends on where you start. If you're fat (like 35+ BMI), don't even worry about exercise. Just eat right. The fatter you are, the more calories you burn just sitting on your ###. Like if you're 36BMI, for example, you burn like 2400 calories a day sitting on your ###. Cut calories to 1800, and you just RAN 6 MILES. But if you're like at a 28-30 BMI, you may only burn 2,100 calories, so you only lose 300 calories of weight eating right at 1800 calories. That's why you eventually hit a point when a diet no longer causes you to lose weight. I plateaued around 185-ish. Started running and the weight dropped off fast again.

Again, general rule, if you're really fat, just eat right. No need to exercise. BUT, when you get down to just overweight, you'll starve yourself trying to lose more weight. THEN start running.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 332
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic