Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you need proof as to how good the B1G is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

If you need proof as to how good the B1G is

Sep 10, 2018, 12:34 PM

Maryland is in a lot of turmoil but managed to beat Texas by 5...whereas we only beat Texas by 2. Granted, Maryland was at home when they beat Texas while we were on the road, but still. It won't surprise me to see the SEC West and the B1G both get 2 teams in the playoffs this year leaving all the other conferences out in the cold.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Penn State beat Pitt last time they played too***

Sep 10, 2018, 12:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point, it's even worse than I thought***

Sep 10, 2018, 1:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I hope you're being sarcastic because there is no way the

Sep 10, 2018, 12:40 PM

Big 10 gets 2 teams in. 2 for SEC always a possibility because ESECPN promotes them all year!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope you're being sarcastic because there is no way the

Sep 10, 2018, 12:44 PM

SEC gets 6 teams in cuz Ole Miss will be the best 4-8 team you’ve ever seen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you're being sarcastic because ....

Sep 10, 2018, 12:45 PM

Maryland played Texas whereas we played Texas A&M. Texas has had problems for years so you really can't compare the two ...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd agree with you

Sep 10, 2018, 1:02 PM

but then we'd both be wrong

hmmmm

Sep 10, 2018, 1:33 PM [ in reply to I hope you're being sarcastic because .... ]

No.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I wish I had been in Austin on Saturday with the rest of Tiger naton

Sep 10, 2018, 1:56 PM [ in reply to I hope you're being sarcastic because .... ]

Looked great on the big screen sat night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you need proof as to how good the B1G is

Sep 10, 2018, 12:46 PM

We didn't play the Texas team that is in the B1G but Maryland did! The Texas campus is so big they had to split it into 4 or 5 conferences...B1G, SEC, AAC, C-USA, maybe more.

First of all Maryland beat Texas we beat Texas A & M

Sep 10, 2018, 12:50 PM

second: Penn State had to go OT to beat App State and Penn State is one of the best teams in the BIG.

third, one of the "power teams" in the BIG, Michigan lost in their bowl game last year to USuC. Let that sink in. The same Michigan team has already lost this year looking helpless against a good not great Notre Dame, who played mediocre against Ball State.

That leaves Ohio State and Wisconsin.

The Badgers have a Heisman candidate running back and can control clock. They also have a stout D. But, their schedule include trips to the Big House (Michigan) and Happy Valley (Penn State). While the jury is still out on both those teams, not easy road games for Wisconsin. OSU opened by obliterating a pair of nobodies in weeks 1 and 2. However, this week it gets real as they go on the road to TCU. They also have road trips to Penn State and Sparty.

Is the BIG a tough conference, yes? Am I sold on their dominance? Nope.

I agree that Maryland beat Texas and we beat

Sep 10, 2018, 1:05 PM

Texas, that was the premise of my post. But Maryland won by 5 whereas we only won by 2. So that is a red flag.

Re: I agree that Maryland beat Texas and we beat

Sep 11, 2018, 1:53 PM

Yes, but we didn't play the B1G Texas, we played the SEC Texas.

Plus, Texas only had a week to prepare for us.

Sep 10, 2018, 1:39 PM

They had all offseason to prepare for Maryland.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

That's a good point too.

Sep 10, 2018, 1:41 PM

I really don't think going undefeated will get it done for us this year. We need to dominate in the rest of our games and pray that's enough.

I'm expecting that the CFP commmittee will not

Sep 10, 2018, 1:44 PM

give us credit for beating Texas.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I'm expecting that the CFP commmittee will not

Sep 10, 2018, 1:51 PM

If we beat Georgia this weekend we are a LOCK. They didn’t look that great against USC, but in all fairness, USC played them and Stanford, so...

Sep 10, 2018, 2:26 PM

Isn’t Maryland in the ACC?

No, they paid $80 billion to leave the ACC

Sep 10, 2018, 2:57 PM

and go to a real football conference...and it's obviously starting to pay dividends.

The wildcard you’re forgetting is Noatre Dame.

Sep 10, 2018, 2:36 PM

If they win the ACC they’re in.

Sep 10, 2018, 2:54 PM

I get it, Texas is the premise of your post, but the object of your subject line is "the Big". Yes Texas is the biggest state in the contiguous US, and we just beat it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With our dual QB issues and lack of competent coaching...

Sep 11, 2018, 2:01 PM

we don't belong in no playoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic