Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow, "Whammy" is Loserville Interim Head Coach.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,201

Wow, "Whammy" is Loserville Interim Head Coach.

Nov 12, 2018, 9:16 AM

Saw the article about Putrinos firing, and it said Lorenzo Ward will be named Interim coach. As any local will remember, "Whammy" was run out of Cooterville at the very end of The Old Ball Sack's coaching tenure. His defense then was historically bad, even by Lamecock standards. Lewisville has fallen lower than prices on Lamecock gear after midseason at the Dollar General.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they don't hire a slam dunk i think you'll see them

Nov 12, 2018, 9:47 AM

regress for a while. Never thought Petrino wouldn't work out there. With JImbo and Petrino leaving the ACC is on a downward trend to being perennially mediocre to bad. I've never been a conference fan but i also don't want to play in a conference that has nothing to offer. I dont' think Dino stays at Syracuse for 2-3 more years if he keeps trending up and Cutcliffe will retire in 2-3 years, then who you got? A bunch of nobodies...Richt isn't going to make too much noise at UM but maybe he will...its pretty bleak as far as coaches go in the ACC. Not alot of energy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If they don't hire a slam dunk i think you'll see them

Nov 12, 2018, 11:49 AM

I expect and hope Loserville will regress and they should/must because their "rise" was so crooked that the coots will try to copy it.

As for the rest of the conference, I am not *that* worried. The down side of having a dominant NC caliber team is that the rest of the conference will struggle comparatively. VT will rebound as soon as they fire their DC (yes, any they must... JF has the ammo now). Miami will be 6-6 or 10-2 and constantly bouncing around that mark with Richt. I don't see daU Richt making any changes. FSU is the bigger question mark as if Taggart can hold on long enough to get rid of the Jimbo-rot. I think he will do well but not sure if he will be 10+ wins every season.

Babers will likely go back west if/when a spot opens up for him, although the 'Cuse seems to fit him. Good coach and I don't mind facing him every year even if it gives up heart attacks. I see Azzario sticking around BC. That being said, the Atlantic is about as weak as it has been for being not-Clemson. So I could also see them sticking around as at least there is only one team between them and a shot at the conference title. Both are safe at 8 wins.

Question marks for me are Narduzzi, Mendenhall, & Doeren. Those are the coaches that are one bad season/good season from making a change. I don't know how long Virginia can keep Mendenhall though I could also see him being a lifer there. Doeren and Narduzzi are the other end. I don't see either of them staying at their respective schools nor their schools rushing out to keep them if they have a 5-7 season.

Everyone else is a non-factor. Wake is Wake, UNCheat will have a new coach next year. Cutcliff will he his self, PCJ will do his option until he retires...

I was unaware until recently but Ward & Dabo were

Nov 12, 2018, 10:02 AM

teammates for a season at Alabama. Ward then came back to coach there as a graduate assistant while Dabo was still playing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

76- you think they can cover 14.5 vs Wolf Puppies?***

Nov 12, 2018, 11:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: 76- you think they can cover 14.5 vs Wolf Puppies?***

Nov 12, 2018, 1:06 PM

I wouldn't do anything betting wise that includes Dooren's bunch. They would tank a game on purpose to screw Clemson people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, "Whammy" is Loserville Interim Head Coach.

Nov 13, 2018, 10:31 AM

Lorenzo Ward's entire gameplan was to bring in thugs. Swearinger, Clowney and Co - bring in the roughest street thugs you can find and suit them up. Once that ship sailed, people quickly realized he knows very little about the game. Plus, the rumors were that he was b@nging a bunch of married cuck sk@nks.. I can't find a reason any respectable program would keep him on staff.

That being said, it makes sense that UL is where he landed..

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,201
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic